Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Installing Stair Lifts For Your Home Bulverde, Texas
Assuming that you have been staying in your residence most of your life or even if you have just relocated into a new residence in Bulverde, and then you certainly want to stay , particularly if you are near your friends and colleagues and also loved ones. According to a study by AARP, even as they age, approximately 90% of elderly people would like to stay in their houses. Still, this is never as easy as it appears and with physical health declining as one gets older, it comes to be increasingly more hard for seniors to continue on their own, particularly if you have stairs in your house that you require to get around every day.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Stairs could be just one of the absolute most challenging and treacherous places in your house. Thankfully, there are actually solutions that can enable your loved one or even you to stay at home and also be actually independent for longer and a stair lift could be a good benefit for individuals experiencing mobility issues, those using a walker or individuals in a wheelchair.
10 out of
What really is a stair lift? A stair lift is a simple piece of equipment that can easily help you to become mobile and also it carries you up and down the staircases, enabling you to move about in your place easily and also do activities that you would be not able to do otherwise.
A stair lift is essentially a mechanized seat that assists to elevate you up and down the stairs. A track or rail is commonly mounted to the stairway treads and also a chair or a lifting platform is attached to the track. You are able to get on the chair or the platform as well as the chair moves along the track allowing you move up as well as down the stairs. You additionally have versions wherein you can use your wheelchair on the stair lift as well as these are called platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are actually a huge assistance to the elderly people and also individuals by having mobility difficulties that find it a challenge to navigate the stairs in their home. Getting a stair lift at home can have a lot of benefits:
When mobility and getting around a house along with staircases ends up being an issue for senior citizens as well as individuals with handicaps, they are often confronted with the possibility of moving. That being said, by having a stair lift, you can easily remain in your home. A stair lift can easily allow you total freedom to move around in your house as well as go up and down the stairs very simply and obstacle-free.
A stair lift provides mechanical transport down and up the stairs. The chair of the stair lift offers a lap belt that makes certain that you are protected when the stair lift is in action. Today, the majority of stair lifts have integrated protection features that will certainly avoid its use in case it experiences an obstruction on the staircases or if any kind of portion of the stair lift i.e. the seat, armrests or footrest is not in its right setting. The stair lifts in addition are geared up with a safety fixture that protects against any accidental usage or even little ones from using the chair.
Normally, the seat of the stair lift has a modifiable as well as cushioned seating as well as armrests that offer maximum support. You can also change the footrest depending on to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
A lot of stair lifts offer quite slim profiles and do not clog the entire staircase, which is freely reachable. Usually, the chair, along with the footrest are foldable to ensure it is not an obstacle for family members and also other individuals intending to use the staircases.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are quite user-friendly as well as control. A lot of stair lifts have a toggle switch positioned on the armrest of the chair that allows you to control it. Now a days, many stair lift designs are actually geared up with a remote that enables you to control it quite easily and moves the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the staircases as needed. When the stair lift is in the lock setting, it charges, in order that you can easily use it whenever you want to and in the event there is a power disconnection, the stair lift commonly has an built-in battery back-up that allows you to run it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in Bulverde?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are mostly used by and are a wonderful assistance for:
- Growing old in place elderly people
- People having walking and mobility issues. those using a wheel rollator or in a wheelchair
- Persons with a health issue
- Individuals having a sports impairment
- Persons with balance issues
- Those with knee and also back concerns
Types of Stair Lifts
There are various sorts of stair lifts including:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your house has a straight staircase, then a stair lift which runs by a straight trackway or rail is the best typical form of stair lift. These either provide drop-down or perhaps set chairs that are affixed. The installation of a stair lift in a straight staircase might become a challenge if the staircases are way too narrow. In case your stairs is mainly straight but it comes with an arc at the top, then you can select a straight stair lift and also a joining system that assists the lift to get to the landing better. Usually, straight stair lifts are the least expensive and simplest to setup.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
In the event that your staircases are curved, then you must attach a curved stair lift. Those are much more intricate compared to straight stair lifts as well as they involve curved tracks to fit the exact contour of the staircase. Often, curved stair lifts are actually much more expensive.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is specifically very slender and it will not fit a chair stair lift, then a standing stair lift is recommended. On the other hand, you have to ensure that you have adequate space in the staircase plusthat it is elevated enough to accommodate you when you’re standing. Standing stair lifts are particularly beneficial for persons having concerns flexing their legs. Some standing stair lift versions similarly have a slight ledge that allows you to retain your balance. Having said that, standing stair lift may not be suitable for all people, especially if you do not have the strength to stand for a couple of minutes or even if you are predisposed to getting unsteady.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These sorts of stair lifts are generally put in outside on staircases that go to your front door or on stairs leading to your yard or even patio. Outdoor stair lifts are generally the same as straight or curved stair lifts that are used indoors; but, these are commonly made using weather-proof materials.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in Bulverde, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Comal County
Stair lifts are highly individualized and customized in line with your needs and the kind of stairs in your property, therefore the rates vary considerably. Having said that, the cost of base units begins with around $3,000-$5,000. And also, there are a number of factors that affect this base rate like the size of the track required, if the staircase is curved, a motor upgrade, seat upgrade, folding seat and foot pedal, swivel seating and also type of power.
Address: Bulverde, TX 78163, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
Bulverde (/bʊlˈvɜːrdi/ buul-VUR-dee) is a city in Comal County, Texas, United States. The population was 4,630 at the 2010 census, up from 3,761 at the 2000 census. It is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Bulverde is located in western Comal County at 29°44′55″N 98°24′48″W / 29.748486°N 98.413238°W / 29.748486; -98.413238, about 26 miles (42 km) north of downtown San Antonio. U.S. Route 281 passes through the east side of Bulverde, leading south to San Antonio and north 25 miles (40 km) to Blanco. Cibolo Creek, which forms the Comal County/Bexar County line, runs just south of Bulverde.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 9.7 square miles (25.2 km2), of which 0.01 square miles (0.02 km2), or 0.09%, is water.
Bulverde - Latest - Google News Google News
- 'It will bring the community' | Owner of 'Abernathy House' hopes to transform space to welcome San Antonio youth - KENS5.com
- Mother holds 'call to action' six years after her son was shot and killed - FOX 29
KENS 5 News at 10 | kens5.com - KENS5.com
KENS 5 News at 10 | kens5.com KENS5.com
- Man arrested after road-rage shooting results in another man's death on SE Side, police say - KSAT San Antonio
- Man who fatally shot ex-wife and another man on Thanksgiving turns himself in - WOAI
- San Antonio man wanted for shooting woman in the head on Thanksgiving night - WOAI
- Archdiocese of San Antonio reinstates distribution of the Blood of Christ in Communion - KSAT San Antonio
- Man stabbed twice after trip to corner store - FOX 29
Club Giraud transformed from wallflower buildings to social star - San Antonio Express-News
Club Giraud transformed from wallflower buildings to social star San Antonio Express-News
- Impaired driver crashes through gates of Public Safety Headquarters - FOX 29
- Sunshine finally returns to San Antonio - FOX 29
Good Morning San Antonio Weekend 9:00am : Nov 26, 2022 - KSAT San Antonio
Good Morning San Antonio Weekend 9:00am : Nov 26, 2022 KSAT San Antonio
- Woman stabbed 17-year-old nephew with knife, police say - KENS5.com
- San Antonio mother spreads awareness about mental health after teenaged son dies by suicide - KENS5.com
KENS 5 News Saturday Morning | kens5.com - KENS5.com
KENS 5 News Saturday Morning | kens5.com KENS5.com
- Get to know Southtown — a beloved San Antonio neighborhood - mySA
- Construction eyesores plague St. Mary's strip businesses - mySA
- 9 puro spots where you'll probably see (or avoid) someone you know - mySA
Indigenous group educates Texas Coast on their history - Spectrum News
Indigenous group educates Texas Coast on their history Spectrum News
Families celebrate Christmas season at Ford Holiday River Parade - KSAT San Antonio
Families celebrate Christmas season at Ford Holiday River Parade KSAT San Antonio
- Together We Rise: From the classroom to the red carpet, a filmmaker program bridges opportunity gaps for local students - KENS5.com
Boerne v. Port Lavaca - KSAT San Antonio
Boerne v. Port Lavaca KSAT San Antonio
- 17-year-old hospitalized after he was stabbed by his aunt - WOAI
Texas Eats: Jerk Chicken, Detroit Pizza and Cajun Gravy Steaks - KSAT San Antonio
Texas Eats: Jerk Chicken, Detroit Pizza and Cajun Gravy Steaks KSAT San Antonio
Alamo Heights vs. Liberty Hill - KSAT San Antonio
Alamo Heights vs. Liberty Hill KSAT San Antonio
Christmas lights in San Antonio and the Hill Country - San Antonio Express-News
Christmas lights in San Antonio and the Hill Country San Antonio Express-News
Shoppers out early in San Antonio in search of Black Friday deals - San Antonio Express-News
Shoppers out early in San Antonio in search of Black Friday deals San Antonio Express-News
- Heist closes New Braunfels card shop as thieves make off with Charizards - Herald Zeitung
- Land development the topic of New Braunfels' upcoming workshops - Herald Zeitung
- Grandmas' Stocking Guild brings joy to children's shelters in New Braunfels area - Herald Zeitung
- Burglary suspect foiled by New Braunfels' Chain Link Bicycle Shop - Herald Zeitung
- Squeezebox responds to incident involving 3rd-party security - mySA
- animator Anna Saathoff talks Disney's 'Strange World' - mySA
- Miniature horse reportedly killed by two dogs in the Hill Country - mySA
Sunday is the final day to eat at Rosario's on South Alamo - KSAT San Antonio
Sunday is the final day to eat at Rosario's on South Alamo KSAT San Antonio
The Company Theatre presents Bah Humbug! Scrooge on the Riverwalk - CultureMap San Antonio
The Company Theatre presents Bah Humbug! Scrooge on the Riverwalk CultureMap San Antonio
San Antonio launches new 'Buy Local' campaign for the holiday season - CultureMap San Antonio
San Antonio launches new 'Buy Local' campaign for the holiday season CultureMap San Antonio
- Fifty years ago, San Antonio's Doug Sahm jammed with the Grateful Dead - mySA
- UTSA, San Antonio Zoo bringing special guests to Saturday's tailgate - FOX 29
Little Hipps closed 20 years ago this week - San Antonio Express-News
Little Hipps closed 20 years ago this week San Antonio Express-News
- New magnet program at NEISD will prepare students with skills for high-demand careers in aerospace industry - KSAT San Antonio
Joske's 'Fantasy Land' launched 62 years ago this month - San Antonio Express-News
Joske's 'Fantasy Land' launched 62 years ago this month San Antonio Express-News
- Texas Matters: Dachka's Story, U.S. Allies Stuck in Afghanistan and Boerne's 'International Bridge.' - Texas Public Radio
- Tempting sales continue on Small Business Saturday in Texas - Spectrum News
- 6-year-old found malnourished at West Side home, SAPD says; man and woman taken into custody - KSAT San Antonio
- Workers at San Antonio nonprofit SAY Sí demand the group's board cut ties with anti-union law firm - San Antonio Current
Ro-Ho Pork & Bread earns worth-a-drive rating for tortas ahogadas - San Antonio Express-News
Ro-Ho Pork & Bread earns worth-a-drive rating for tortas ahogadas San Antonio Express-News
- Rain, thunderstorms expected to drench San Antonio area on Black Friday - FOX 29
Wassailfest to take over the streets of New Braunfels on Dec. 1 - Community Impact Newspaper
Wassailfest to take over the streets of New Braunfels on Dec. 1 Community Impact Newspaper
- Snowbound returns to San Antonio's Chicken N' Pickle - mySA
- 13 of the best Asian markets in San Antonio - mySA
Prepare for even colder weather by protecting cold-sensitive plants - San Antonio Express-News
Prepare for even colder weather by protecting cold-sensitive plants San Antonio Express-News
UIW fund-raising effort tops $100-million mark - San Antonio Express-News
UIW fund-raising effort tops $100-million mark San Antonio Express-News
- 'Be a Santa to a Senior' program back to spread some Christmas cheer in Comal County - Herald Zeitung
- Wreaths Across America paying tribute to veterans at Comal Cemetery - Herald Zeitung
- Christmas tree lot in Alamo Heights receives surprise letters from first graders states away - KENS5.com
- Wonderliners in San Antonio at The Blind Tiger Comedy Club - Do210
- Check out the restaurants at the San Antonio International Airport - KENS5.com
UTSA professor's book highlights Texas' diverse communities - Laredo Morning Times
UTSA professor's book highlights Texas' diverse communities Laredo Morning Times
North San Antonio Chamber leader steps down - Community Impact Newspaper
North San Antonio Chamber leader steps down Community Impact Newspaper
Cibolo celebrates opening of new City Hall Annex, commemoration of Old Spanish Trail - Community Impact Newspaper
Cibolo celebrates opening of new City Hall Annex, commemoration of Old Spanish Trail Community Impact Newspaper
- New Braunfels man brings surgeon treats every holiday in appreciation for saving his life - KEYE TV CBS Austin
- Spark ready to help New Braunfels residents grow their small business - Herald Zeitung
Crumbl Cookies now open in New Braunfels - Community Impact Newspaper
Crumbl Cookies now open in New Braunfels Community Impact Newspaper
- Colorado shooter attended Johnson High School in 2015 - WOAI
- Celebrate the Holidays with iHop and Six Flags Fiesta Texas - WOAI
- Comal County pauses outdoor burn ban | Community Alert | herald-zeitung.com - Herald Zeitung
Blogging the Canyon Lake Boat Ramps - My Canyon Lake
Blogging the Canyon Lake Boat Ramps My Canyon Lake
- Comal ISD picks Bobcats as mascot for new Bulverde Middle School - Herald Zeitung
- Confetti and Cream opens in Bulverde on Thanksgiving weekend - mySA