Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Benefits of Installing a Stair Lift in Your Home Donna, Texas
If you have been residing in your house the majority of your life or even if you have simply relocated into a brand new household in Donna, after that you perhaps want to remain here, especially if you are near your good friends as well as relatives. According to a study by AARP, even as they age, around 90% of senior citizens prefer to stay in their homes. Still, this is actually never as straightforward as it appears and along with physical health deteriorating as one grows older, it comes to be more and more challenging for seniors to continue on their own, particularly if you have stairs in your house that you require to get around on a daily basis.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Stairs could be just one of the most tough and also unsafe areas at home. The good news is, there are actually solutions that can easily permit your loved one or even you to remain at home and also be actually self-sufficient for longer as well as a stair lift can be an excellent benefit for people suffering from movement concerns, those using a walker or individuals in a wheelchair.
7 out of
And so, what actually is a stair lift? A stair lift is an useful tool that can help you to be mobile as well as it carries you up and down the staircases, allowing you to move around in your home easily and engage in things that you would most likely be not capable to perform otherwise.
A stair lift is practically a mechanical seat that helps to elevate you down and up the stairs. A track or rail is typically placed to the staircase treads as well as a seat or perhaps a lifting system is affixed to the track. You can easily get on the chair or the platform as well as the chair glides along the path allowing you move up as well as down the stairs. You also have designs wherein you can use your wheelchair on the stair lift and also these are called platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are a big help to the senior citizens as well as persons with movability issues who find it a difficulty to move down and up the stairs in their home. Getting a stair lift in your home can have a considerable amount of benefits:
- Offers Freedom Independent Living
When mobility and also walking around a home with staircases comes to be a complication for elderly people and people with disabilities, they are often confronted with the option of moving. Having said that, with a stair lift, you can easily remain in the home. A stair lift can allow you complete freedom to move around in your house and also move up and down the stairs quite easily as well as obstacle-free.
A stair lift offers automated transportation up and down the stairs. The chair of the stair lift has a safety belt that ensures that you are safe when the stair lift is in action. Today, many stair lifts have inbuilt safety measure features that will definitely avoid its operation in the event it comes across an obstruction on the staircases or even if any part of the stair lift i.e. the seat, armrests or foot rest is not in its appropriate position. The stair lifts also are geared up with a safety fixture that prevents any kind of unintentional use or even children coming from using the chair.
Generally, the chair of the stair lift has a modifiable and also cushioned seat and armrests that ensure optimal comfort. You can also adjust the foot rest depending on to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
A lot of stair lifts offer rather slim profiles and do not take up the total stairs, which is freely accessible. Normally, the chair, in addition to the footrest are collapsible to ensure that it is not an obstruction for family as well as other people needing to operate the stairs.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are incredibly simple to use and even handle. Most stair lifts have a toggle button situated on the armrest of the chair that permits you to control it. Nowadays, several stair lift designs are geared up with a remote that allows you to control it really simply and gets the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the staircases as required. When the stair lift is in the lock setting, it charges, to ensure you are able to make use of it whenever you need to and also in case there is a electricity outage, the stair lift typically has an built in battery back-up that permits you to use it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in Donna?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are primarily used by and are an excellent assistance for:
- Growing old in place senior citizens
- People having walking and also movability conditions. those using a wheel rollator or in a wheelchair
- Individuals with a health issue
- People having a sports impairment
- People with balance issues
- Those with leg and also back issues
Types of Stair Lifts
There are different forms of stair lifts such as:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your residence comes with a straight staircase, then a stair lift which manages by a straight path or rail is normally the best popular form of stair lift. These also feature drop-down or set seats that are simply connected. The installment of a stair lift of a straight staircase can become a challenge if the stairs are way too thin. If your staircase is mainly straight and yet it features a curve on top, then you may pick a straight stair lift and a bridging platform that helps the lift to reach the landing better. Typically, straight stair lifts are the least costly as well as easiest to install.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
In case that your stairs are actually curved, then you should set up a curved stair lift. These are actually far more intricate compared to straight stair lifts and also they involve rounded tracks to accommodate the precise form of the stairs. Commonly, curved stair lifts are more costly.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is particularly rather slender and it will not accommodate a seated stair lift, then a standing stair lift is preferred. Having said that, you should ensure that you have ample space in the stairs ,as well,that it is high enough to accommodate you when you are standing up. Standing stair lifts are particularly useful for people having problems bending their knees. Some standing stair lift styles similarly feature a slight ledge that allows you to hold on to your balance. Having said that, standing stair lift might not be ideal for everybody, specifically if you do not have the strength to stand up for a number of mins or you are predisposed to getting light-headed.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These kinds of stair lifts are often put in outside on stairs that take you to your front door or on steps going to your back yard or garden. Outside stair lifts are generally the same as straight or curved stair lifts that are used inside; but, these are typically made using weather-proof components.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in Donna, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Hidalgo County
Stair lifts are extremely personalized and tailored in line with your needs and the sort of staircases on your property, and so the rates vary drastically. Even so, the price of base units starts from approximately $3,000-$5,000. And also, there are many variables that impact this base pricing like the size of the trackway involved, if the staircase is bent, a motor upgrade, seating upgrade, folding seat as well as foot pedal, swivel seating as well as kind of power.
Address: Donna, TX 78537, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
Donna is a city in Hidalgo County, Texas, United States. The population was 15,798 at the 2010 census.
Donna is in southeastern Hidalgo County, 11 miles (18 km) east of McAllen, in territory that was granted to Lino Cabazos as part of the La Blanca land grant on May 19, 1834, by the Mexican state of Tamaulipas. The Cabazos family inhabited the area for at least twenty years after taking possession of the land, and their descendants continued to live in the area into the twentieth century. The first known Anglo-American settler was John F. Webber, who, accompanied by his wife Sylvia (Hector), a former slave, settled in the area in 1839. The Webbers moved to the area in order to escape persecution for their interracial marriage.
Several families from northern states, including the Ruthven, Champion, and Hooks families, settled the area. Thomas Jefferson Hooks arrived in the Lower Rio Grande valley in 1900 and the following year moved his family to Run in southeastern Hidalgo County. In May 1902 he helped to form the La Blanca Agricultural Company, which purchased 23,000 acres (93 km2) fronting the river 2 miles (3 km) east and west of the site of present Donna and extending north 18 miles (29 km). He gave part of his purchase to his 21-year-old daughter, Donna Hooks Fletcher, a divorcée.
Donna - Latest - Google News Google News
- McAllen residents complain of strange odor in water - KRGV
- FIRST PATIENT TO RECEIVE ECMO TREATMENT IN THE RIO GRANDE VALLEY MAKES INCREDIBLE RECOVERY - Progresstimes
Publisher’s Word: McAllen Celebrates Its Successes in 2022 - Texas Border Business
Publisher’s Word: McAllen Celebrates Its Successes in 2022 Texas Border Business
Middle School Awarded Free Musical Instruments from Opus Foundation - Texas Border Business
Middle School Awarded Free Musical Instruments from Opus Foundation Texas Border Business
- Police: Man breaks into ex’s UTRGV dorm room, assaults her - KVEO-TV
- McAllen ISD Police Department preparing for emergencies - KRGV
- Former Pharr City Manager Appointed To Texas Transportation Commission – 710am KURV - kurv
- City of Pharr hosting meet and greet block party - KRGV
- Suspect in Edinburg shooting turns himself in, authorities say - KVEO-TV
- 9th annual South Texas All Hazards Conference comes to McAllen - KVEO-TV
- UPDATE: McAllen runaway teen located - KRGV
- Authorities searching property of McAllen attorney - KRGV
- Police documents reveal grim details of deadly Motel 6 stabbing in McAllen - KVEO-TV
- Valley high schools given all clear following 'hoax' phone calls, officials said - KRGV
- McAllen FD granted new fire truck, conducts “push-back” ceremony - KVEO-TV
- McAllen International Airport receives new fire truck - KRGV
STC Trustee Receives Honor From Local Hispanic Women’s Network - Texas Border Business
STC Trustee Receives Honor From Local Hispanic Women’s Network Texas Border Business
Food Bank RGV Receives $75K from Morgan Stanley Foundation - Texas Border Business
Food Bank RGV Receives $75K from Morgan Stanley Foundation Texas Border Business
- Former Mercedes City Attorney Pleads Guilty To Federal Charges – 710am KURV - kurv
- Family gifted puppy after losing dogs in bee attack - KRGV
- One act play, Patricio El Penitente, showing this weekend in Pharr - KVEO-TV
- First ECMO machine arrives in the Rio Grande Valley - KRGV
Edinburg World Birding Center Outdoor Expo, March 25th - Texas Border Business
Edinburg World Birding Center Outdoor Expo, March 25th Texas Border Business
- HEB Quest for Texas Best seeks best locally-made products - KRGV
- Weslaco to celebrate annual 1015 onion festival - KVEO-TV
Weslaco Chamber Annual Award Honorees - Texas Border Business
Weslaco Chamber Annual Award Honorees Texas Border Business
- In an effort to boost adoptions, Weslaco animal shelter training rescue dogs - KRGV
- Coffee & fast food: Donna will welcome these 2 chains in 2023 - KVEO-TV
- Guillermo Ramirez Obituary (1931 - 2023) - Donna, TX - The Monitor - Legacy.com
- PD: Donna city commissioner arrested in Weslaco for DWI - KVEO-TV
- Santos Ramirez Obituary (2022) - Donna, TX - The Monitor - Legacy.com
- Enedelia Guerrero Obituary (1950 - 2022) - Donna, TX - The Monitor - Legacy.com
- Federico Handy Obituary (2022) - Donna, TX - The Monitor - Legacy.com
- Donna police searching for two persons of interest after report of bomb threat at Walmart - KRGV
- Manuel Cavazos Obituary (1938 - 2022) - Donna, TX - The Monitor - Legacy.com
- Boil water notice in effect for city of Donna - KRGV
Donna issues a boil water notice - KVEO-TV
Donna issues a boil water notice KVEO-TV
- 'They can trust in me': Reinstated Donna police chief Gilbert Guerrero apologizes to residents in exclusive interview - KRGV
- Shooting under investigation at bar in Donna - KVEO-TV
- City of Donna remains elusive on employment status of police chief - KRGV