Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Benefits of Installing a Stair Lift in Your Home La Joya, Texas
Assuming that you have been staying in your household most of your life or even if you have plainly moved to a brand-new residence in La Joya, then you probably want to remain here, especially if you are near your friends and colleagues and loved ones. According to a research by AARP, even as they age, around 90% of elderly people choose to stay in their houses. Still, this is actually not as simple as it appears and along with physical health deteriorating just as one grows older, it comes to be increasingly challenging for senior citizens to continue on their own, particularly if you have stairs at home that you need to go up regularly.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Staircases may be among the absolute most hard and treacherous locations in your home. Fortunately, there are actually options that can allow your loved one or even you to remain at home and be self-supporting for longer and a stair lift could be a good benefit for people dealing with range of motion issues, those using a wheel rollator or people in a wheelchair.
9 out of
What actually is a stair lift? A stair lift is an useful tool that can assist you to be mobile as well as it transports you down and up the stairs, allowing you to move around in your house conveniently as well as do tasks that you would most likely be not able to do typically.
A stair lift is basically a mechanized chair that assists to lift you down and up the stairs. A track or rail is normally mounted to the stairway treads and also a chair or a hauling platform is affixed to the track. You can easily get onto the chair or the platform as well as the chair slides along the path assisting you ride up and also down the stairs. You also have models wherein you can easily take your wheelchair on the stair lift and also these are referred to as platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are actually a significant help to the senior citizens and also persons with movability problems who consider it a demanding task to navigate the stairs in their home. Having a stair lift in your home can easily have a lot of advantages:
- Offers Freedom Independent Living
When mobility and also walking around a home with stairs comes to be a complication for seniors as well as individuals with disabilities, they are typically confronted with the choice of moving. Having said that, by using a stair lift, you could continue to be in the home. A stair lift can easily give you complete ability to move around in your house and navigate the stairs very easily and obstacle-free.
A stair lift offers automated passage up and down the staircases. The chair of the stair lift has a seat belt that makes certain that you are actually protected when the stair lift is in action. Today, most stair lifts have inbuilt safety features that will avoid its operation in the event it experiences an obstruction on the stairs or even if any kind of aspect of the stair lift such as the seat, armrests or footrest is not in its proper position. The stair lifts in addition are equipped alongside a safety fixture that stops any accidental usage or children from operating the chair.
Generally, the chair of the stair lift features a modifiable and cushioned seating and armrests that ensure max support. You can also adjust the footrest according to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
A lot of stair lifts offer relatively slim profiles and do not obstruct the total staircase, which is easily attainable. Normally, the chair, and also the footrest are collapsible to ensure it is not an obstacle for family and other people would like to use the staircases.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are extremely simple to use as well as manage. The majority of stair lifts have a button found on the armrest of the chair that enables you to control it. These days, numerous stair lift designs are equipped with a remote control that permits you to manage it very easily and also moves the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the staircases as required. When the stair lift is in the park setting, it recharges, in order that you are able to make use of it whenever you need to and in the event there is a electrical power disconnection, the stair lift normally has an integrated battery backup that allows you to operate it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in La Joya?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are primarily used by and also are a great support for:
- Aging in place senior citizens
- People having walking and movability conditions. those using a wheel rollator or in a wheelchair
- Individuals with a health condition
- People having a sports impairment
- People with balance issues
- Those with leg and also back conditions
Types of Stair Lifts
There are different forms of stair lifts like:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your residence features a straight staircase, then a stair lift that operates adjacent a straight trackway or rail is normally among the most typical kind of stair lift. These oftentimes come with drop-down or perhaps fixed chairs that are simply attached. The installment of a stair lift for a straight staircase can end up being an issue if the staircases are way too thin. In case your stairs is mostly straight but it features an arc on top, then you can opt for a straight stair lift along with a connecting platform that serves to help the lift to get to the landing more effectively. Normally, straight stair lifts are the least pricey and easiest to setup.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
In case that your stairs are curved, then you should attach a curved stair lift. Those are actually a lot more complicated compared to straight stair lifts and they involve rounded rails to fit the specific shape of the stairs. Commonly, curved stair lifts are a lot more pricey.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is particularly rather narrow and it will not accommodate a chair stair lift, then a standing stair lift is generally preferred. On the other hand, you should make sure that you have adequate headroom in the staircase andthat it is elevated enough to fit you when you’re standing. Standing stair lifts are especially helpful for people experiencing problems flexing their legs. Some standing stair lift models similarly come with a slight ledge that allows you to keep your balance. However, standing stair lift might not be ideal for everyone, particularly if you do not have the strength to stand up for a couple of mins or even if you are susceptible to getting lightheaded.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These kinds of stair lifts are usually put up outside on stairs that lead to your front door or on stairs leading to your back yard or even patio. Outdoor stair lifts are basically similar to straight or curved stair lifts that are used inside your home; however, these are normally made using weather-proof building materials.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in La Joya, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Hidalgo County
Stair lifts are extremely personalized and customized base on your needs and the sort of stairs on your property, and so the rates differ significantly. However, the price of base equipments starts off from approximately $3,000-$5,000. And, there are several details that impact this base cost like the size of the rail involved, if the stairs is bent, an electric motor upgrade, seating upgrade, folding seat and foot pedal, swivel seating and kind of energy.
Address: La Joya, TX 78560, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
La Joya, Texas
La Joya is a city in Hidalgo County, Texas. The population was 3,985 at the 2010 United States Census. It is part of the McAllen–Edinburg–Mission and Reynosa–McAllen metropolitan areas.
Its name, meaning "the jewel", was inspired by a small natural lake west of the city; early settlers were said to observe that the lake shined in the sun like a jewel. The site on which La Joya was founded was part of what was known as "Los Ejidos de Reynosa Viejo". The ejidos were the shared grazing lands used for the livestock of the settlers of Reynosa Viejo ("Old Reynosa"). During the early 1800s, at the site of what is now La Joya, Francisco de la Garza, a descendant of the early colonizers of the area who soon decided to change his last name from de la Garza to Garza, founded a community, called "Tabasco", adjacent to the northern bank of the Rio Grande. It was a prosperous community that died out after floods in 1908 and 1909. The settlers moved their belongings just north to higher and less flood-prone ground, present-day La Joya.
La Joya is located in southwestern Hidalgo County at 26°14′31″N 98°28′48″W / 26.24194°N 98.48000°W / 26.24194; -98.48000 (26.241996, -98.480138). It is bordered to the east by the city of Penitas and to the west by unincorporated Havana. U.S. Route 83 passes through the center of La Joya, leading east 16 miles (26 km) to the center of McAllen and northwest 24 miles (39 km) to Rio Grande City.
La Joya - Latest - Google News Google News
- Neurologist, Only Board Certified Headache Medicine Specialist in the Region joins DHR Health Clinics - Mega Doctor News
- New details emerge about woman accused of sending poison to President Trump and Hidalgo County sheriff - KRGV
Hidalgo County lifts shelter-at-home order - utrgvrider.com
Hidalgo County lifts shelter-at-home order utrgvrider.com
- Hidalgo County health authority reports downward trend on coronavirus cases - KRGV
- New voters register in Hidalgo Co. to mark national registration day - Monitor
- 23 die from COVID-19 in Hidalgo County as nation reaches 200,000 death toll - Monitor
Local artists wanted for murals - KGBT-TV
Local artists wanted for murals KGBT-TV
- Former Mission High football coach Sonny Detmer dies at 76 - Monitor
- La Joya ISD facing internet connection problems - KRGV
- McAllen, Texas Bridges the Digital Divide with Shared Spectrum CBRS Services from Federated Wireless and Cambium Networks - texasborderbusiness.com
- Hidalgo County Sheriff, Mission Police Chief Receive Ricin-Laced Envelopes – 710am KURV - kurv
- Recent Wi-Fi projects connect nearly 10000 McAllen students - Monitor
- Remembering the Alton bus crash tragedy - KGBT-TV
- 166 new virus cases over 3 days in Hidalgo Co. - Monitor
City of McAllen, McAllen I.S.D. Partner for Census Push at Lunch Distribution Locations - texasborderbusiness.com
City of McAllen, McAllen I.S.D. Partner for Census Push at Lunch Distribution Locations texasborderbusiness.com
- Hidalgo County DA to host “Purple Day” virtual press conference - KGBT-TV
6th Annual “Purple Day” Virtual Press Conference Awareness of Domestic Violence - texasborderbusiness.com
6th Annual “Purple Day” Virtual Press Conference Awareness of Domestic Violence texasborderbusiness.com
- Update: Woman accused of mailing deadly poison to White House was arrested in Hidalgo County last year - KRGV
Optometrist and Valley Native joins the DHR Health Vision Center - Mega Doctor News
Optometrist and Valley Native joins the DHR Health Vision Center Mega Doctor News
Edinburg CISD honored with TAEA District of Distinction Award - texasborderbusiness.com
Edinburg CISD honored with TAEA District of Distinction Award texasborderbusiness.com
- Air Ambulance Service Returns To Hidalgo County – 710am KURV - kurv
- Monday marks 31st anniversary of Alton bus crash - KRGV
- McAllen salon owner reflects on her recovery from Hurricane Maria and pandemic - KRGV
- Police detain 4 people after shooting in Mission - KRGV
Update: Sand Bag Distribution for City of McAllen - texasborderbusiness.com
Update: Sand Bag Distribution for City of McAllen texasborderbusiness.com
- McAllen keeps conservative budget as international travel restrictions extended - Monitor
- McAllen police sergeant honored with customer service award - KRGV
- A teenager and a 6-year-old die in crash in Hidalgo County - KRGV
- Hidalgo County cities distribute sandbags in preparation of tropical storm - Monitor
Rep. Cuellar Announces $3 Million in Federal Funding to Mission EDC - texasborderbusiness.com
Rep. Cuellar Announces $3 Million in Federal Funding to Mission EDC texasborderbusiness.com
- McAllen police searching for “person of interest” in burglary investigation - KGBT-TV
- Cortez: Abbott is right to exclude Hidalgo County from eased coronavirus restrictions - Rio Grande Guardian
Edinburg Sandbag Distribution - texasborderbusiness.com
Edinburg Sandbag Distribution texasborderbusiness.com
Fried to perfection – Progress Times - Progresstimes
Fried to perfection – Progress Times Progresstimes
Hidalgo County Judge Richard F. Cortez reacts to Governor Greg Abbot’s on reopening Texas - texasborderbusiness.com
Hidalgo County Judge Richard F. Cortez reacts to Governor Greg Abbot’s on reopening Texas texasborderbusiness.com
- PSJA ISD Counselors host virtual Social and Emotional Learning Academies for students LIVE on YouTube - texasborderbusiness.com
- Former La Joya mayor, daughter face new fraud allegations - Monitor
STC Theatre Goes Virtual For 2020-2021 Production Season - texasborderbusiness.com
STC Theatre Goes Virtual For 2020-2021 Production Season texasborderbusiness.com
- City of McAllen advising residents to avoid flooded roads - KGBT-TV
Watch: A conversation with the new dean of business at South Texas College - Rio Grande Guardian
Watch: A conversation with the new dean of business at South Texas College Rio Grande Guardian
Joint Efforts Lead to Multiple Stash House Discoveries - texasborderbusiness.com
Joint Efforts Lead to Multiple Stash House Discoveries texasborderbusiness.com
- Border Patrol supervisor charged with violating civil rights of La Joya woman - KGBT-TV
CVS COVID-19 testing site coming to Mission - Progresstimes
CVS COVID-19 testing site coming to Mission Progresstimes
- Singing legend Cher expresses support for Hidalgo County residents in public service announcement - texasborderbusiness.com
- Cher sends video message of support to Hidalgo County - Monitor
- La Joya High pitcher Gutierrez commits to Texas Tech - Monitor
- La Joya ISD to host “Back to School Bash” drive-thru - KGBT-TV
- La Joya ISD candidate for Teacher of the Year speaks out - KRGV
- La Joya ISD becomes first Texas multi-school district to call off fall sports - Monitor
- La Joya city commissioners fire police chief - Monitor
- La Joya police employee positive for COVID-19 - Monitor
- La Joya steals PSJA ISD tourney opener from Sharyland - Monitor
- La Joya ISD: Students at North Star Mall 'not at risk' of coronavirus - Monitor
- La Joya ISD school bus erupts into flames in Alton - KRGV
- Proposed $210M wind farm in La Joya ISD gains steam - Monitor
- Juarez-Lincoln beats out Edinburg High, La Joya for district crown - Monitor
- Installation of remote security gates surrounding La Joya ISD campuses near completion - KRGV
- Former vice chairwoman of La Joya Housing Authority board pleads not guilty - krgv.com
- Former La Joya Housing Authority Director Released on Bond - KRGV
- Former La Joya Housing Authority Official Arrested for Wire Fraud - KRGV
- La Joya Runoff Election Results in 3 New City Officials - krgv.com
- La Joya ISD bus involved in Edinburg accident - Monitor
- La Joya basketball tourney draws big names - Monitor
- 3 La Joya Races Head into Runoff Election - krgv.com
- La Joya Palmview knocks off Mission Veterans as time expires - Monitor
- La Joya High honors last living Class of 1940 alumnus - Monitor
Former La Joya City Manager pleads guilty in federal court - valleycentral.com
Former La Joya City Manager pleads guilty in federal court valleycentral.com
- La Joya I.S.D addresses threat, adding new safety technology - KGBT-TV
- Suspects charged in La Joya human smuggling crash - KGBT-TV
- Mike Alaniz retires as La Joya city manager - KGBT-TV