Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Benefits of Installing a Stair Lift in Your Home La Joya, Texas
Assuming that you have been staying in your household most of your life or even if you have plainly moved to a brand-new residence in La Joya, then you probably want to remain here, especially if you are near your friends and colleagues and loved ones. According to a research by AARP, even as they age, around 90% of elderly people choose to stay in their houses. Still, this is actually not as simple as it appears and along with physical health deteriorating just as one grows older, it comes to be increasingly challenging for senior citizens to continue on their own, particularly if you have stairs at home that you need to go up regularly.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Staircases may be among the absolute most hard and treacherous locations in your home. Fortunately, there are actually options that can allow your loved one or even you to remain at home and be self-supporting for longer and a stair lift could be a good benefit for people dealing with range of motion issues, those using a wheel rollator or people in a wheelchair.
9 out of
What actually is a stair lift? A stair lift is an useful tool that can assist you to be mobile as well as it transports you down and up the stairs, allowing you to move around in your house conveniently as well as do tasks that you would most likely be not able to do typically.
A stair lift is basically a mechanized chair that assists to lift you down and up the stairs. A track or rail is normally mounted to the stairway treads and also a chair or a hauling platform is affixed to the track. You can easily get onto the chair or the platform as well as the chair slides along the path assisting you ride up and also down the stairs. You also have models wherein you can easily take your wheelchair on the stair lift and also these are referred to as platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are actually a significant help to the senior citizens and also persons with movability problems who consider it a demanding task to navigate the stairs in their home. Having a stair lift in your home can easily have a lot of advantages:
- Offers Freedom Independent Living
When mobility and also walking around a home with stairs comes to be a complication for seniors as well as individuals with disabilities, they are typically confronted with the choice of moving. Having said that, by using a stair lift, you could continue to be in the home. A stair lift can easily give you complete ability to move around in your house and navigate the stairs very easily and obstacle-free.
A stair lift offers automated passage up and down the staircases. The chair of the stair lift has a seat belt that makes certain that you are actually protected when the stair lift is in action. Today, most stair lifts have inbuilt safety features that will avoid its operation in the event it experiences an obstruction on the stairs or even if any kind of aspect of the stair lift such as the seat, armrests or footrest is not in its proper position. The stair lifts in addition are equipped alongside a safety fixture that stops any accidental usage or children from operating the chair.
Generally, the chair of the stair lift features a modifiable and cushioned seating and armrests that ensure max support. You can also adjust the footrest according to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
A lot of stair lifts offer relatively slim profiles and do not obstruct the total staircase, which is easily attainable. Normally, the chair, and also the footrest are collapsible to ensure it is not an obstacle for family and other people would like to use the staircases.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are extremely simple to use as well as manage. The majority of stair lifts have a button found on the armrest of the chair that enables you to control it. These days, numerous stair lift designs are equipped with a remote control that permits you to manage it very easily and also moves the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the staircases as required. When the stair lift is in the park setting, it recharges, in order that you are able to make use of it whenever you need to and in the event there is a electrical power disconnection, the stair lift normally has an integrated battery backup that allows you to operate it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in La Joya?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are primarily used by and also are a great support for:
- Aging in place senior citizens
- People having walking and movability conditions. those using a wheel rollator or in a wheelchair
- Individuals with a health condition
- People having a sports impairment
- People with balance issues
- Those with leg and also back conditions
Types of Stair Lifts
There are different forms of stair lifts like:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your residence features a straight staircase, then a stair lift that operates adjacent a straight trackway or rail is normally among the most typical kind of stair lift. These oftentimes come with drop-down or perhaps fixed chairs that are simply attached. The installment of a stair lift for a straight staircase can end up being an issue if the staircases are way too thin. In case your stairs is mostly straight but it features an arc on top, then you can opt for a straight stair lift along with a connecting platform that serves to help the lift to get to the landing more effectively. Normally, straight stair lifts are the least pricey and easiest to setup.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
In case that your stairs are curved, then you should attach a curved stair lift. Those are actually a lot more complicated compared to straight stair lifts and they involve rounded rails to fit the specific shape of the stairs. Commonly, curved stair lifts are a lot more pricey.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is particularly rather narrow and it will not accommodate a chair stair lift, then a standing stair lift is generally preferred. On the other hand, you should make sure that you have adequate headroom in the staircase andthat it is elevated enough to fit you when you’re standing. Standing stair lifts are especially helpful for people experiencing problems flexing their legs. Some standing stair lift models similarly come with a slight ledge that allows you to keep your balance. However, standing stair lift might not be ideal for everyone, particularly if you do not have the strength to stand up for a couple of mins or even if you are susceptible to getting lightheaded.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These kinds of stair lifts are usually put up outside on stairs that lead to your front door or on stairs leading to your back yard or even patio. Outdoor stair lifts are basically similar to straight or curved stair lifts that are used inside your home; however, these are normally made using weather-proof building materials.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in La Joya, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Hidalgo County
Stair lifts are extremely personalized and customized base on your needs and the sort of stairs on your property, and so the rates differ significantly. However, the price of base equipments starts off from approximately $3,000-$5,000. And, there are several details that impact this base cost like the size of the rail involved, if the stairs is bent, an electric motor upgrade, seating upgrade, folding seat and foot pedal, swivel seating and kind of energy.
Address: La Joya, TX 78560, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
La Joya, Texas
La Joya is a city in Hidalgo County, Texas. The population was 3,985 at the 2010 United States Census. It is part of the McAllen–Edinburg–Mission and Reynosa–McAllen metropolitan areas.
Its name, meaning "the jewel", was inspired by a small natural lake west of the city; early settlers were said to observe that the lake shined in the sun like a jewel. The site on which La Joya was founded was part of what was known as "Los Ejidos de Reynosa Viejo". The ejidos were the shared grazing lands used for the livestock of the settlers of Reynosa Viejo ("Old Reynosa"). During the early 1800s, at the site of what is now La Joya, Francisco de la Garza, a descendant of the early colonizers of the area who soon decided to change his last name from de la Garza to Garza, founded a community, called "Tabasco", adjacent to the northern bank of the Rio Grande. It was a prosperous community that died out after floods in 1908 and 1909. The settlers moved their belongings just north to higher and less flood-prone ground, present-day La Joya.
La Joya is located in southwestern Hidalgo County at 26°14′31″N 98°28′48″W / 26.24194°N 98.48000°W / 26.24194; -98.48000 (26.241996, -98.480138). It is bordered to the east by the city of Penitas and to the west by unincorporated Havana. U.S. Route 83 passes through the center of La Joya, leading east 16 miles (26 km) to the center of McAllen and northwest 24 miles (39 km) to Rio Grande City.
La Joya - Latest - Google News Google News
- McAllen FD granted new fire truck, conducts “push-back” ceremony - KVEO-TV
- Cold case investigation underway in McAllen | KVEO-TV - KVEO-TV
- STC Police Academy to host law enforcement preparation workout - KVEO-TV
Don’t Mess with Precinct 3: Report Illegal Dumping - Texas Border Business
Don’t Mess with Precinct 3: Report Illegal Dumping Texas Border Business
STC Trustee Receives Honor From Local Hispanic Women’s Network - Texas Border Business
STC Trustee Receives Honor From Local Hispanic Women’s Network Texas Border Business
Manic Monday Mixer, April 3rd - Texas Border Business
Manic Monday Mixer, April 3rd Texas Border Business
Video: Spotlight on Teach for America Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Guardian
Video: Spotlight on Teach for America Rio Grande Valley Rio Grande Guardian
Patricio El Penitente Plays Again in Pharr, March 24th-26th - Texas Border Business
Patricio El Penitente Plays Again in Pharr, March 24th-26th Texas Border Business
- Getting to know Shimotsu's interim principal – Progress Times - Progresstimes
Road work ahead — Inspiration-Military Parkway Loop - Progresstimes
Road work ahead — Inspiration-Military Parkway Loop Progresstimes
Valley leaders: 'Crisis at the Border' rhetoric is hurting the region - Rio Grande Guardian
Valley leaders: 'Crisis at the Border' rhetoric is hurting the region Rio Grande Guardian
- First ECMO machine arrives in the Rio Grande Valley - KRGV
EDC leaders reassure site selectors that it's safe to visit Reynosa - Rio Grande Guardian
EDC leaders reassure site selectors that it's safe to visit Reynosa Rio Grande Guardian
- McAllen High School mariachi group featured in 'Shazam' movie promo - KRGV
- McAllen police ID victims in fatal Motel 6 stabbings - KVEO-TV
- 2023 Disney on Ice Ticket Contest | KVEO-TV - KVEO-TV
McAllen Heritage Center Dynamic Art Exhibit, April 28th - Texas Border Business
McAllen Heritage Center Dynamic Art Exhibit, April 28th Texas Border Business
- Judge Refuses To Dismiss Hidalgo County GOP Chair From Lawsuit – 710am KURV - kurv
- Study: McAllen, Edinburg, Mission rank at top of fattest cities in U.S. - KVEO-TV
- Local organization to host Fly-In aviation event - KVEO-TV
- 2 McAllen dogs dead after hundreds of Africanized bees attack - KVEO-TV
State Rep. Sergio Muñoz Jr. threatens to sue La Joya ISD - Progresstimes
State Rep. Sergio Muñoz Jr. threatens to sue La Joya ISD Progresstimes
- Bill would allow Hidalgo County to provide garbage service outside city limits - Progresstimes
- In reversal, Agua SUD limits water bill adjustments for customers with leaks - Progresstimes
- Performance Services Inc. wins $500000 judgment against consulting firm implicated in western Hidalgo County corruption case - Progresstimes
McAllen State of the City 2023 Address - Texas Border Business
McAllen State of the City 2023 Address Texas Border Business
- McAllen ranks as one of worst cities in U.S. for allergies - KVEO-TV
- City of La Joya launches EMS ambulance service - KVEO-TV
- La Joya H.S. Mariachi-Folklórico group celebrates 41 years - KVEO-TV
- La Joya ISD says restructuring is needed due to low enrollment and staffing issues - KRGV
- La Joya Softball Moving Players Around for Upcoming Season - KVEO-TV
- La Joya PD: Pursuit ends in a crash; driver got away - KVEO-TV
- La Joya appoints new city attorney - KVEO-TV
- La Joya vs San Benito | Football | 11/11/2022 - MaxPreps
- DPS: One dead, 11 hospitalized after crash north of La Joya - KRGV
- La Joya bus driver dies after experiencing medical emergency with students on board - KVEO-TV
- La Joya man pleads not guilty in deadly shooting - KRGV
- La Joya Police: Second arrest made in connection to deadly migrant crash in La Joya - KRGV
- La Joya vs Edinburg North | Football | 10/7/2022 - MaxPreps
- La Joya teacher arrested for child’s death in hot car - KVEO-TV
- Daniel Flores Obituary (2022) - La Joya, TX - The Monitor - Legacy.com
- 5-year-old La Joya student found dead in car - KVEO-TV
8-year-old 'mullet boy' from Texas places 2nd in USA Mullet Championships - KEYE TV CBS Austin
8-year-old 'mullet boy' from Texas places 2nd in USA Mullet Championships KEYE TV CBS Austin
- Lydia Chapa Obituary (1928 - 2022) - La Joya, TX - The Monitor - Legacy.com
- La Joya ISD seeing low student enrollment - KRGV
La Joya man startled by migrants hiding below house - Spectrum News
La Joya man startled by migrants hiding below house Spectrum News
- Former La Joya administrator sentenced in fraud case - KVEO-TV
- La Joya High School student earns acceptance to Columbia University - KVEO-TV
- La Joya man dies after being found unresponsive in jail, police say - KRGV
La Joya plans to sell old City Hall building - Progresstimes
La Joya plans to sell old City Hall building Progresstimes