Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Stair Lifts and The Benefits For Seniors Los Fresnos, Texas
If you have been living in your residence a lot of your life or if you have plainly moved to a new home in Los Fresnos, after that you probably plan to remain , particularly if you are near your friends and colleagues as well as family members. Base on a research study via AARP, even as they age, approximately 90% of elderly people would like to stay in their homes. However this is never as simple as it seems and with physical health decreasing when one gets older, it ends up being more and more complicated for seniors to continue independently, especially if you have stairs in your house that you require to navigate daily.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Staircases can be one of the most tough and also treacherous locations at home. The good news is, there are actually options that can easily permit your family member or even you to stay at home and also be actually independent for longer as well as a stair lift can be an ideal help for people experiencing mobility concerns, those using a walker or people in a wheelchair.
9 out of
What essentially is a stair lift? A stair lift is a helpful tool that can help you to become mobile and also it brings you down and up the staircases, enabling you to move about in your house conveniently and engage in tasks that you would be unable to undertake otherwise.
A stair lift is in a nutshell an automated chair that assists to elevate you down and up the staircases. A track or rail is normally mounted to the stairway treads as well as a chair or perhaps a hauling platform is connected to the track. You can get onto the chair or the platform and also the chair moves along the path assisting you ride up and also down the stairs. You additionally have versions wherein you can take your wheelchair on the stair lift and these are referred to as platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are actually a big assistance to the seniors and people by having mobility difficulties that find it a difficulty to navigate the stairs in their home. Getting a stair lift in your house can easily have a bunch of benefits:
- Offers Freedom Independent Living
When mobility as well as moving around a house along with staircases becomes a complication for seniors and people with disabilities, they are frequently faced with the possibility of moving. That being said, with a stair lift, you can remain in your home. A stair lift can give you total ability to move around in your house and navigate the stairs very effortlessly and also obstacle-free.
A stair lift provides mechanical transport up and down the staircases. The seat of the stair lift offers a seat belt that makes sure that you are protected when the stair lift is in action. Today, a lot of stair lifts have inbuilt safety measure functions that will definitely avoid its use in case it comes across an obstruction on the staircases or if any sort of portion of the stair lift i.e. the seat, armrests or even footrest is not in its appropriate setting. The stair lifts also are geared up alongside a safety lock that stops any unexpected use or kids from operating the chair.
Typically, the seat of the stair lift comes with a modifiable and also cushioned seat and armrests that offer max support. You can additionally adjust the foot rest depending on to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
The majority of stair lifts offer very slim profiles as well as do not block the whole staircase, which is easily accessible. Usually, the chair, in addition to the foot rest are collapsible to ensure that it is not a blockage for family and also other individuals would like to operate the stairs.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are quite easy to use and control. Most stair lifts have a toggle switch found on the armrest of the chair that enables you to control it. Nowadays, several stair lift designs are installed alongside a remote that enables you to control it really easily and also moves the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the staircases as required. When the stair lift is in the park stance, it charges, so that you can make use of it whenever you want to and also in the event that there is a electrical power outage, the stair lift generally has an integrated battery backup that allows you to handle it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in Los Fresnos?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are mainly used by and also are a great help for:
- Aging in place elders
- Individuals having walking and also range of motion conditions. those using a wheel rollator or in a wheelchair
- Persons with a health issue
- Individuals having a sports injury
- Individuals with balance problems
- Those with leg and also back issues
Types of Stair Lifts
There are different kinds of stair lifts like:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your home features a straight staircase, then a stair lift that manages on a straight trackway or rail is usually the best common type of stair lift. These either feature drop-down or perhaps fixed seats that are simply affixed. The setup of a stair lift of a straight stairs can come to be an issue if the stairs are way too thin. In case your stairs is primarily straight yet it contains an arc on top, then you can choose a straight stair lift and a connecting platform that helps the lift to get to the landing a lot better. Generally, straight stair lifts are the least pricey as well as easiest to install.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
If your staircases are actually curved, then you should set up a curved stair lift. These are actually far more intricate compared to straight stair lifts as well as they require rounded rails to accommodate the specific shape of the stairs. Normally, curved stair lifts are actually even more pricey.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is specifically considerably narrow and it will certainly not go with a chair stair lift, then a standing stair lift is generally preferred. However, you have to make certain that you have sufficient headroom in the stairs plusthat it is elevated enough to accommodate you when you are standing up. Standing stair lifts are particularly beneficial for persons experiencing challenges bending their legs. Some standing stair lift designs also offer a short ledge that helps you to keep your balance. However, standing stair lift may not be appropriate for all people, especially if you do not have the sturdiness to stand for a several minutes or even if you are predisposed to getting lightheaded.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These kinds of stair lifts are typically installed outside on steps that lead to your main door or on stairways going to your back yard or even patio. Exterior stair lifts are essentially the same as straight or curved stair lifts that are used inside your home; however, these are often made from weather-proof building materials.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in Los Fresnos, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Cameron County
Stair lifts are very individualized and customized base on your requirements and the kind of stairs on your property, and so the rates vary drastically. Even so, the cost of base equipments begins with around $3,000-$5,000. And, there are many details that influence this base cost including the length of the track involved, if the stairs is actually curved, a motor upgrade, seat upgrade, folding seat and foot pedal, swivel seat and also kind of energy.
Address: Los Fresnos, TX 78566, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
Los Fresnos, Texas
Los Fresnos (Spanish for "The Ash Trees") is a city in Cameron County, Texas, United States. The population was 6,542 at the 2010 census, up from 4,512 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Brownsville–Harlingen–Raymondville and the Matamoros–Brownsville metropolitan areas.
Located in south-central Cameron County, the city was named for the fresnos (Fraxinus berlandieriana) scattered in the woods and along streams. In 1912, Lon Hill, an early land owner, formed a company to develop a canal system which would use the Rio Grande to irrigate land for farming. Railroad construction in the early 1900s began to bring settlers to the area, and by 1915 a post office was established. Because of the fertile, irrigated land, farm products increased, and with the long growing season in the Rio Grande Valley, farming flourished. Today the city is still surrounded by fertile farm/ranch land. Major crops are cotton, sugarcane, grains, oranges, and red grapefruit.
Los Fresnos is located slightly south of the geographic center of Cameron County at 26°4′24″N 97°28′41″W / 26.07333°N 97.47806°W / 26.07333; -97.47806 (26.073216, -97.478164). It is 12 miles (19 km) north of the center of Brownsville and 18 miles (29 km) southeast of Harlingen.
Los Fresnos - Latest - Google News Google News
- Leida Gamez Obituary (1951 - 2023) - Los Fresnos, Tx, TX - Brownsville Herald - Legacy.com
- Car engulfed in flames near Little Caesars, fire officials say - KVEO-TV
- Cameron County property owners receive help filing for Homestead Exemptions - KRGV
- Brownsville police: Serial burglar arrested - KRGV
Retired Brownsville prof, Cuban exile reflects on growing up in Puerto Rico - Brownsville Herald
Retired Brownsville prof, Cuban exile reflects on growing up in Puerto Rico Brownsville Herald
- Congressman Gonzalez Announces $1.2M in Federal Funding to Support Brownsville Entrepreneurs - Texas Border Business
- Congregation devastated after church fire in Los Fresnos - KRGV
Brownsville Lopez dancer reflects on performing in Macy's parade - Brownsville Herald
Brownsville Lopez dancer reflects on performing in Macy's parade Brownsville Herald
- Where people spotted a rare bird in Brownsville for the first time - KVEO-TV
- Harlingen fire department investigate house fire - KVEO-TV
Brownsville shelter dogs find new homes via Border Patrol - Brownsville Herald
Brownsville shelter dogs find new homes via Border Patrol Brownsville Herald
Pizza, the perfect winter food? - KVEO-TV
Pizza, the perfect winter food? KVEO-TV
- Mobile Engineering classroom at Rio Hondo ISD - KVEO-TV
- Brownsville residents voice concerns over dust and truck movements – Rio Grande Guardian - Rio Grande Guardian
BARCC Pet of the Week: Teddy - KVEO-TV
BARCC Pet of the Week: Teddy KVEO-TV
- Harlingen edges rival Harlingen South on the hardwood, 50-49 - KVEO-TV
- Brownsville ISD to host upcoming playoffs - KRGV
- Brownsville police search for man accused of damaging surveillance cameras outside of home - KVEO-TV
- CBP, Cameron County partner for improvements at Los Indios' Free Trade Bridge - Brownsville Herald
Man charged with smuggling nearly 500 pounds of marijuana in Brownsville - Brownsville Herald
Man charged with smuggling nearly 500 pounds of marijuana in Brownsville Brownsville Herald
- Woman accused in Los Fresnos church fire identified - KRGV
TSTC Vocational Nursing instructor impressed with newest EMS technology - Brownsville Herald
TSTC Vocational Nursing instructor impressed with newest EMS technology Brownsville Herald
- Aguilar: How the RGV could be completely connected within five years – Rio Grande Guardian - Rio Grande Guardian
- Local fitness trainer provides post-Thanksgiving workout routine tips - KVEO-TV
- Mirman: VIA will have two big advantages when its main runway is extended – Rio Grande Guardian - Rio Grande Guardian
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into 9 cars on Thanksgiving in Brownsville - KVEO-TV
- Local animal host Black Friday deals for pet adoptions - KVEO-TV
Harlingen's First Methodist Church serves annual Thanksgiving Meal - Brownsville Herald
Harlingen's First Methodist Church serves annual Thanksgiving Meal Brownsville Herald
Harlingen man missing for 80 years nearly finished required WWII combat runs - Brownsville Herald
Harlingen man missing for 80 years nearly finished required WWII combat runs Brownsville Herald
Robert Runyon's grandson kept Brownsville, Rio Grande Valley history alive - Brownsville Herald
Robert Runyon's grandson kept Brownsville, Rio Grande Valley history alive Brownsville Herald
San Benito school district sets 2-year goals to improve education - Brownsville Herald
San Benito school district sets 2-year goals to improve education Brownsville Herald
Gov. Abbott endorses San Benito rep's reelection campaign - Brownsville Herald
Gov. Abbott endorses San Benito rep's reelection campaign Brownsville Herald
- Heriberto Nieto Obituary (1992 - 2023) - Los Fresnos, Tx, TX - Valley Morning Star - Legacy.com
- Los Fresnos vs Pharr-San Juan-Alamo | Football | 11/10 - MaxPreps
- Los Fresnos re-elects Alejandro Flores as mayor - KVEO-TV
- Los Fresnos vs Harlingen | Football | 11/3 - MaxPreps
- Mayoral candidates share vision for Los Fresnos - KVEO-TV
- Sherry Macomb Obituary (1949 - 2023) - Los Fresnos, TX - Valley Morning Star - Legacy.com
- Jose Ramirez Obituary (1971 - 2023) - Los Fresnos, Tx, TX - Valley Morning Star - Legacy.com
- Los Fresnos Volunteer Fire Department celebrates 75th anniversary - KRGV
- San Benito vs Los Fresnos | Football | 10/27 - MaxPreps
Air Hounds: San Benito lets it fly, remains unbeaten - Brownsville Herald
Air Hounds: San Benito lets it fly, remains unbeaten Brownsville Herald
- Los Fresnos Fire Department celebrates 75 years - KRGV
- William Lubben Obituary (1947 - 2023) - Los Fresnos, Tx, TX - Valley Morning Star - Legacy.com
- William Lubben Obituary (1947 - 2023) - Los Fresnos, Tx, TX - Brownsville Herald - Legacy.com
- Los Fresnos vs Hanna | Football | 10/19 - MaxPreps
- Cristobal Castro Obituary (1993 - 2023) - Los Fresnos, Texas, TX - Brownsville Herald - Legacy.com
- Weslaco vs Los Fresnos | Football | 10/13 - MaxPreps
District 32-6A heavyweights Los Fresnos, Weslaco clash in GOTW - Brownsville Herald
District 32-6A heavyweights Los Fresnos, Weslaco clash in GOTW Brownsville Herald
- Rivera vs Los Fresnos | Football | 10/6 - MaxPreps
- Alejandro Ochoa Obituary (2008 - 2023) - Los Fresnos, Tx, TX - Valley Morning Star - Legacy.com
- Alejandro Ochoa Obituary (2008 - 2023) - Los Fresnos, Tx, TX - Brownsville Herald - Legacy.com
- Cameron County District Clerk to host passport fair in Los Fresnos - KVEO-TV
Two Los Fresnos women die in crash after truck runs stop sign - Brownsville Herald
Two Los Fresnos women die in crash after truck runs stop sign Brownsville Herald
- Chrissy Daniels Obituary (1959 - 2023) - Los Fresnos, TX - Valley Morning Star - Legacy.com
- CCSO: Los Fresnos man injures toddler during fight with wife - KVEO-TV
Falcons pick up win before District 32-6A opener - Brownsville Herald
Falcons pick up win before District 32-6A opener Brownsville Herald
PSJA North pummels Los Fresnos in the RGVSports.com Game of the Week - Brownsville Herald
PSJA North pummels Los Fresnos in the RGVSports.com Game of the Week Brownsville Herald
- Weslaco East vs Los Fresnos | Football | 8/25 - MaxPreps
Los Fresnos looking to break through with young stars - San Benito News
Los Fresnos looking to break through with young stars San Benito News
Soaring Up: Los Fresnos opens at No. 7 in RGVSports poll - Brownsville Herald
Soaring Up: Los Fresnos opens at No. 7 in RGVSports poll Brownsville Herald
- CCSO: Los Fresnos father admits to falling asleep on top of 3-week-old twins - KVEO-TV
Sanchez earns MLB contract – San Benito News - San Benito News
Sanchez earns MLB contract – San Benito News San Benito News
- Construction scheduled for Brownsville, Los Fresnos hike and bike trail - KVEO-TV
- Woman charged with drive-by shooting on Highway 100 - KVEO-TV
- Los Fresnos middle school principal arrested on DWI charge, police say - KVEO-TV
- LFCISD comments on threat made by United student - KVEO-TV
- Los Fresnos Rodeo begins: What to expect - KVEO-TV
- Large brush fire breaks out north of Brownsville, near Los Fresnos - KVEO-TV
- Conjunto Festival to feature 16 bands who want to turn Los Fresnos into a dancefloor - Brownsville Herald