Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Stair Lifts and The Benefits For Seniors Richardson, Texas
Supposing that you have been staying in your household most of your life or if you have simply relocated into a new household in Richardson, then you certainly want to stay , particularly if you are near your close friends as well as loved ones. Base on a study by AARP, even as they get older, approximately 90% of senior citizens wish to remain in their houses. Although this is not as straightforward as it appears and with physical overall health decreasing as one ages, it becomes much more challenging for senior citizens to stay on their own, primarily if you have stairs at home that you may need to get around every day.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Stairs can be one of the absolute most challenging and also unsafe places at home. Luckily, there are solutions that can easily allow your family member or even you to remain at home as well as be self-sufficient for longer and also a stair lift can be an excellent advantage for individuals dealing with range of motion concerns, those using a wheel rollator or individuals in a wheelchair.
7 out of
What actually is a stair lift? A stair lift is a simple piece of equipment that can help you to become mobile as well as it transports you down and up the staircases, allowing you to move about in your place with ease and also engage in things that you would most likely be unable to undertake typically.
A stair lift is basically a mechanical chair that assists to raise you down and up the staircases. A track or rail is usually positioned to the stairway treads and a chair or a hauling platform is attached to the track. You can easily get onto the chair or the platform and the chair slides along the track assisting you get up as well as down the stairs. You similarly have models wherein you can use your wheelchair on the stair lift and also these are called platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are a big assistance to the elderly people and persons by having movement issues who consider it a problem to use the stairs in their home. Having a stair lift at home can have a bunch of perks:
- Offers Freedom Independent Living
When mobility and also getting around a house along with stairs ends up being a concern for elderly people and also people with disabilities, they are typically faced with the possibility of moving. However, by using a stair lift, you can easily stay at home. A stair lift can give you ability to move around in your house as well as navigate the stairs really easily and also obstacle-free.
A stair lift offers mechanical passage down and up the stairs. The chair of the stair lift has a seat belt that makes sure that you are actually safe when the stair lift is in action. Today, most stair lifts have inbuilt protection features that will prevent its operation in case it experiences an obstruction on the staircases or even if any type of component of the stair lift such as the chair, armrests or even foot rest is actually not in its appropriate setting. The stair lifts also are equipped with a safety lock that stops any unintentional use or children from operating the chair.
Typically, the chair of the stair lift has a changeable as well as padded seat and armrests that offer maximum support. You can also calibrate the footrest depending on to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
A lot of stair lifts offer rather slim profiles and also do not take up the whole stairs, which is openly accessible. Usually, the chair, as well as the foot rest are collapsible to ensure it is not an obstruction for family as well as other individuals intending to operate the staircases.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are quite user-friendly as well as control. Most stair lifts have a switch positioned on the armrest of the chair that enables you to handle it. Nowadays, numerous stair lift versions are actually outfitted with a remote control that enables you to manage it very simply and gets the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the stairs as needed. When the stair lift is in the park stance, it recharges, so that you can easily use it whenever you want to and just in case there is a electrical power outage, the stair lift generally has an in-built battery back-up that permits you to run it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in Richardson?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are primarily used by and are a great help for:
- Aging in place senior citizens
- People having walking and also movement conditions. those using a walker or in a wheelchair
- Persons with a health problem
- People having a sports injury
- People with balance issues
- Those with leg and back conditions
Types of Stair Lifts
There are different kinds of stair lifts including:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your house has a straight staircase, then a stair lift which manages adjacent a straight trackway or rail is the most common form of stair lift. These either provide drop-down or perhaps set chairs that are simply connected. The installation of a stair lift of a straight staircase might come to be a challenge if the stairs are way too thin. If your stairs is mainly straight but it has an arc on top, then you can easily pick a straight stair lift along with a bridging platform that helps the lift to reach the landing better. Normally, straight stair lifts are the least costly and simplest to set up.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
If your staircases are actually curved, then you must install a curved stair lift. Those are actually more complex compared to straight stair lifts and they need curved rails to fit the precise shape of the stairs. Normally, curved stair lifts are a lot more expensive.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is specifically very narrow and it will not accommodate a chair stair lift, then a standing stair lift is generally ideal. On the other hand, you must make certain that you have adequate headroom in the stairs plusthat it is high enough to accommodate you when you are standing. Standing stair lifts are especially helpful for persons experiencing problems moving their legs. Some standing stair lift designs also feature a small ledge that allows you to retain your balance. Having said that, standing stair lift might not be appropriate for everyone, specifically if you do not have the strength to stand for a couple of mins or even if you are susceptible to getting lightheaded.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These kinds of stair lifts are typically installed outside on staircases that take you to your main door or on stairways going to your backyard or even patio. Exterior stair lifts are essentially the same as straight or curved stair lifts that are used inside your home; but, these are usually made using weather-proof materials.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in Richardson, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Dallas County
Stair lifts are extremely individualized and customized according to your wants and the kind of staircases on your property, and so the costs vary considerably. Even so, the expense of base units begins with about $3,000-$5,000. And, there are many factors that affect this base rate including the size of the trackway required, if the staircase is actually curved, a motor upgrade, seat upgrade, folding seat as well as foot pedal, swivel seat and type of electrical power.
Address: Richardson, TX 75080, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
Richardson is a principal city in Dallas and Collin counties in the U.S. state of Texas. As of the 2018 American Community Survey, the city had a total population of 120,981. Richardson is an affluentinner suburb of Dallas. It is home to the University of Texas at Dallas and the Telecom Corridor, with a high concentration of telecommunications companies. More than 5,000 businesses have operations within Richardson's 28 square miles (73 km2), including many of the world's largest telecommunications and networking companies, such as AT&T, Verizon, Cisco Systems, Samsung, ZTE, MetroPCS, Texas Instruments, Qorvo, and Fujitsu. Richardson's largest employment base is provided by the insurance industry, with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas's headquarters, a regional hub for GEICO, regional offices for United Healthcare, and one of State Farm Insurance's three national regional hubs located in the community.
Settlers from Kentucky and Tennessee came to the Richardson area in the 1840s. Through the 1850s the settlement was located around the present-day site of Richland College. After the Civil War a railroad was built northwest of the original settlement, shifting the village's center closer to the railroad. Richardson was chartered in 1873, and the town was named after the secretary of the Houston & Texas Central Railroad, Alfred S. Richardson. In 1908, the Texas Electric Railway an electric railway known as the Interurban, connected Richardson to Denison, Waco, Corsicana and Dallas. In 1910 the population was approximately 600. A red brick schoolhouse was built in 1914 and is now the administrative office for the Richardson Independent School District. In 1924 the Red Brick Road, the present-day Greenville Avenue, was completed. The completion of the road brought increased traffic, population and property values. The town incorporated and elected a mayor in 1925. In 1940 the population was approximately 740. After World War II the city experienced major increases in population, which stood at approximately 1,300 by 1950. Throughout the 1950s the city continued to see growth including the opening of the Collins Radio Richardson office, Central Expressway, a police department, shopping centers and many homes. Texas Instruments opened its offices in Dallas on the southern border of Richardson in 1956. This was followed by significant gains in land values, population and economic status. In the 1960s Richardson experienced additional growth including several new parks, facilities and the creation of the University of Texas at Dallas within the city limits. By 1972 the population was approximately 56,000. Residential growth continued through the 1970s and slowed in the 1980s. Commercial development increased throughout the 1980s. Richardson had a population of 74,840 according to the 1990 census. Population increases throughout the 1990s was primarily from development of the northeast part of the city. The city of Buckingham, after being completely surrounded by Richardson, was annexed into the city in 1996.
Richardson had a population of 91,802 as of the 2000 census. By 2002 Richardson had four Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) light rail stations and had built the Eisemann Center for Performing Arts and Corporate Presentations and the adjacent Galatyn Park urban center, which has a 2-acre public pedestrian plaza, a luxury hotel and mixed-use development. Richardson was a "dry city" with no alcohol sales until November 2006, when the local option election passed to allow the sale of beer and wine in grocery and convenience stores. In the fall of 2008 Peter Perfect, a Style Network television show, came to Richardson. The business-makeover show remodeled SpiritWear, an apparel and embroidery store in the city's historic downtown area. The episode first aired on January 22, 2009. It was the first episode of the series to be filmed outside of California.
Richardson - Latest - Google News Google News
- Work Has Begun On Collin Creek Mall's Second Act - Bisnow
- Alamo Drafthouse reopens Richardson theater; Dimassi's Mediterranean Buffet coming to Grapevine and more DFW-area news - Community Impact Newspaper
Dallas County reports 17 new COVID-19 deaths, 1,074 coronavirus cases - The Dallas Morning News
Dallas County reports 17 new COVID-19 deaths, 1,074 coronavirus cases The Dallas Morning News
- ClubCorp CEO on Dallas as a 'Golf Mecca,' the $100M BigShots Expansion, and How Tech Is Changing the Game » Dallas Innovates - dallasinnovates.com
Deadline to register to vote in Richardson bond election is Monday - The Dallas Morning News
Deadline to register to vote in Richardson bond election is Monday The Dallas Morning News
Pfizer Booster Shots Being Delivered in Dallas County - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
Pfizer Booster Shots Being Delivered in Dallas County NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
Friends of the Richardson Public Library holding their annual book sale this weekend - The Dallas Morning News
Friends of the Richardson Public Library holding their annual book sale this weekend The Dallas Morning News
14-Year-Old Girl Killed in Lake Highlands Shooting - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
14-Year-Old Girl Killed in Lake Highlands Shooting NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
- K-9 officer helps bust 42 pounds of marijuana at Dallas Love Field Airport - WFAA.com
Dallas County pay increases | Carrollton Leader | starlocalmedia.com - Star Local Media
Dallas County pay increases | Carrollton Leader | starlocalmedia.com Star Local Media
- Alex Perry, vice president of Biel Partners, said newfound institutional interest and the e-commerce boom are diving competitive industrial land market - Dallas Business Journal - Philadelphia Business Journal
Plano could soon allow backyard chickens - FOX 4 Dallas
Plano could soon allow backyard chickens FOX 4 Dallas
Rowlett opens scarecrow contest | News | starlocalmedia.com - Star Local Media
Rowlett opens scarecrow contest | News | starlocalmedia.com Star Local Media
Plano nature preserves maintain sanctuary status - Community Impact Newspaper
Plano nature preserves maintain sanctuary status Community Impact Newspaper
- University Of Texas At Dallas: Research Partnership Yields Potential Breath Test For COVID-19 - Patch.com
- University Of Texas At Dallas: Fall 2021 Update: Full Classroom Density Will Resume Oct. 4 - Patch.com
Richardson serves as test location for home delivery robot - Community Impact Newspaper
Richardson serves as test location for home delivery robot Community Impact Newspaper
Plano is set to replace the failed Plano Tomorrow plan. Here’s what you should know - The Dallas Morning News
Plano is set to replace the failed Plano Tomorrow plan. Here’s what you should know The Dallas Morning News
Jeff Pappas Returns to Mohr Partners in Dallas - Star Local Media
Jeff Pappas Returns to Mohr Partners in Dallas Star Local Media
- App-free parking software innovator, TEZ Technology, welcomes Todd Dorsey, as Chief Revenue Officer, and appoints Steve Resnick, CAPP to new role as Chief Strategy Officer - inForney.com
- Shared culture brings Plano resident Patricia Groce closer to home - Plano Magazine
- University Of Texas At Dallas: Team's Online Project Aims To Expand Scope Of Psychology Research - Patch.com
- University Of Texas At Dallas: Study: Ignoring Black Peers Leads Whites To Poor Decisions - Patch.com
- University Of Texas At Dallas: For Love Of The Video Game: Collector Sets Guinness World Records - Patch.com
- Silver Alert canceled, missing couple found in Dallas, police say - WFAA.com
Dallas County set to vote on $1.6 billion budget. Here’s what taxpayers should know - The Dallas Morning News
Dallas County set to vote on $1.6 billion budget. Here’s what taxpayers should know The Dallas Morning News
Drink shop Happy Lemon now open in Richardson - Community Impact Newspaper
Drink shop Happy Lemon now open in Richardson Community Impact Newspaper
- With Collin Creek project, Mehrdad Moayedi Again Revives a Defunct Regional Mall - CandysDirt.com - candysdirt.com
- Wondering What That Smell is Coming From White Rock Lake? - CandysDirt.com - candysdirt.com
- Police investigating shootout outside Carrollton hookah lounge that injured 2 - FOX 4 Dallas
- Recapture discussed at joint Thursday meeting between Plano ISD and Plano City Council - Star Local Media
- Painting the figure alongside Bonny, 3 live model sessions – Art News DFW - artgroupsdfw.com
Agents revel in grand estate listings, high-profile sales - The Dallas Morning News
Agents revel in grand estate listings, high-profile sales The Dallas Morning News
Peak homebuying season erupts in Preston Hollow - The Dallas Morning News
Peak homebuying season erupts in Preston Hollow The Dallas Morning News
- Community profile: Dylan Rafaty | Plano Star Courier | starlocalmedia.com - Star Local Media
Dallas County, others had no advance notice of state-ordered audit of election results - The Dallas Morning News
Dallas County, others had no advance notice of state-ordered audit of election results The Dallas Morning News
Plano ISD parents bombard social media with comments about decision to end COVID-19 mask mandate - The Dallas Morning News
Plano ISD parents bombard social media with comments about decision to end COVID-19 mask mandate The Dallas Morning News
- A look inside Dallas County Sheriff Office's new dispatch center - WFAA.com
- The Women's Council of the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden has Made History Fulfilling the Endowment Trust for Phase II of A Woman's Garden – SocialWhirl is now CharityLifestyles - socialwhirl.com
University Park Crime Spree Targets Four Victims - CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
University Park Crime Spree Targets Four Victims CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
- Take a Look Inside the Kips Bay Decorator Show House, Which Opens Today - D Magazine
Dickey's Barbecue Pit offering limited-time items at Plano locations for chain's 80th anniversary - Community Impact Newspaper
Dickey's Barbecue Pit offering limited-time items at Plano locations for chain's 80th anniversary Community Impact Newspaper
- Info Envy: Dallas County's Public Health Data Is Among the Best in the Country - D Healthcare Daily
Alamo Drafthouse reopens Richardson theater - Community Impact Newspaper
Alamo Drafthouse reopens Richardson theater Community Impact Newspaper
Lochland's - cravedfw.com
Plano ISD mask mandate ends after board rejects extension - Star Local Media
Plano ISD mask mandate ends after board rejects extension Star Local Media
- JUST IN: Spirit Of Generations To Salute Kathy And Larry Helm And Junior League Of Dallas - mysweetcharity.com
- Dallas Public Library Replaces Old Forest Green Branch with State-of-the-Art Building - dallascitynews.net
- Compass Datacenters' Nancy Novak Honored As One Of Women Builder's Council Outstanding Women - inForney.com
This Dallas startup is using robots to make your next Freebirds burrito bowl - Dallas Business Journal
This Dallas startup is using robots to make your next Freebirds burrito bowl Dallas Business Journal
Dr. Yvette E. Pearson - Northdallasgazette
Dr. Yvette E. Pearson Northdallasgazette
2021 Partners Card's Seller Soiree Bubbled In Frame At Highland Park Village - mysweetcharity.com
2021 Partners Card's Seller Soiree Bubbled In Frame At Highland Park Village mysweetcharity.com
- Chicken N Pickle venue coming to Grapevine; Tasty Tails rebrands as Chelle's Seafood Kitchen in Richardson and more DFW news - Community Impact Newspaper
Celebrating National Clean Energy Week, Tri Global Energy Affirms Clean Energy Is the Future - Tyler Morning Telegraph
Celebrating National Clean Energy Week, Tri Global Energy Affirms Clean Energy Is the Future Tyler Morning Telegraph
- Developer Announces Next Phases for City Line Richardson - klif.com
Five eye-opening places to celebrate National Coffee Day in Richardson - The Dallas Morning News
Five eye-opening places to celebrate National Coffee Day in Richardson The Dallas Morning News
- Businesses are Wondering How to Meet Biden's Vaccine Mandate - inForney.com
- Plano Area Weekend Events: Check Out Whats Happening - Patch.com
- North Texas Food Bank's "Feed the Need" Drive Kicks Off at State Fair Friday - klif.com
- Communities Foundation of Texas Hopes to Break Records this NTX Giving Day - WBAP News/Talk
- asTech® Continues To Lead Diagnostic Solutions With The Provision Of The First Ever Official OEM Scan Report - Tyler Morning Telegraph
- SCA Gaming Announces Premier Certification of the Aristocrat Oasis 360 Non-Cash Gateway - inForney.com
TIRZ pitched for Highway 78 improvements - Sachse News
TIRZ pitched for Highway 78 improvements Sachse News
- Best Old School Atmosphere 2021 | Drake's Hollywood | Best of Dallas® 2020 | Best Restaurants, Bars, Clubs, Music and Stores in Dallas - Dallas Observer
- Best Comedy Club 2021 | Backdoor Comedy Club | Best of Dallas® 2020 | Best Restaurants, Bars, Clubs, Music and Stores in Dallas - Dallas Observer
- Best Place to Get Boudin for Breakfast 2021 | Cajun Donuts II | Best of Dallas® 2020 | Best Restaurants, Bars, Clubs, Music and Stores in Dallas - Dallas Observer
Revised expansion plans for Richardson Restaurant Park headed to council for approval - Community Impact Newspaper
Revised expansion plans for Richardson Restaurant Park headed to council for approval Community Impact Newspaper
Tech Titans unveils its 2021 award finalists - Dallas Business Journal - Dallas Business Journal
Tech Titans unveils its 2021 award finalists - Dallas Business Journal Dallas Business Journal
Tasty Tails changes menu, rebrands as Chelle's Seafood Kitchen in Richardson - Community Impact Newspaper
Tasty Tails changes menu, rebrands as Chelle's Seafood Kitchen in Richardson Community Impact Newspaper
Plano, Denton ISD end mask mandates in schools - FOX 4 Dallas
Plano, Denton ISD end mask mandates in schools FOX 4 Dallas