Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Stair Lifts For Seniors La Vernia, Texas
If you have been staying in your home the majority of your life or if you have plainly moved to a new home in La Vernia, then you probably would like to stay , primarily if you are near your close friends and family members. According to a study via AARP, even as they age, approximately 90% of elderly people choose to stay in their home or apartments. Although this is actually never as straightforward as it sounds and with physical health declining when one ages, it ends up being increasingly hard for senior citizens to remain on their own, especially if you have stairs at home that you need to go up daily.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Staircases could be among the most difficult as well as hazardous areas at home. Luckily, there are solutions that can easily enable your family member or you to stay at home as well as be actually self-sufficient for longer as well as a stair lift can be an ideal advantage for individuals dealing with range of motion concerns, those using a wheel rollator or individuals in a wheelchair.
9 out of
What really is a stair lift? A stair lift is a simple tool that can easily help you to be mobile and it transports you down and up the staircases, enabling you to move around in your home conveniently and engage in things that you would most likely be not capable to undertake normally.
A stair lift is basically a mechanical seat that assists to lift you down and up the stairs. A track or rail is commonly positioned to the stair treads and a chair or perhaps a lifting platform is affixed to the track. You can get onto the chair or the platform as well as the chair moves along the path enabling you move up and also down the stairs. You also have styles where you can use your wheelchair on the stair lift and these are referred to as platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are actually a huge help to the elderly people and also people with movability problems that consider it a problem to move up and down the stairs in their house. Getting a stair lift in your house can easily have a considerable amount of perks:
- Offers Freedom Independent Living
When mobility and walking around a house with staircases comes to be a trouble for elderly people as well as people with handicaps, they are actually typically faced with the option of relocating. That being said, by having a stair lift, you can easily stay in the house. A stair lift can easily give you total independence to move around in your house and move up and down the stairs very effortlessly and obstacle-free.
A stair lift offers mechanical transportation down and up the stairs. The seat of the stair lift offers a safety belt that ensures that you are actually secure when the stair lift is in motion. Today, most stair lifts have built-in safety measure attributes that will certainly avoid its operation in the event it encounters an obstruction on the staircases or if any aspect of the stair lift such as the seat, armrests or even footrest is actually not in its appropriate position. The stair lifts in addition are outfitted with a protection lock that prevents any kind of unexpected usage or even children from using the chair.
Typically, the chair of the stair lift comes with a changeable and also cushioned seat as well as armrests that provide best comfort. You can also calibrate the foot rest according to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
A lot of stair lifts have rather slim profiles and do not take up the total staircase, which is openly attainable. Generally, the chair, along with the foot rest are collapsible to ensure it is not an obstacle for family and also other people would like to operate the stairs.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are quite user-friendly and handle. A lot of stair lifts have a toggle switch located on the armrest of the chair that enables you to manage it. Nowadays, several stair lift styles are outfitted with a remote that allows you to control it quite simply and gets the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the stairs as required. When the stair lift is in the lock position, it recharges, to make sure that you are able to use it whenever you need to and also just in case there is a electricity disruption, the stair lift usually has an built in battery backup that allows you to use it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in La Vernia?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are primarily used by and also are a great support for:
- Aging in place elders
- Individuals having walking and also movability problems. those using a walker or in a wheelchair
- Persons with a health issue
- People having a sports impairment
- Persons with balance issues
- Those with knee and also back issues
Types of Stair Lifts
There are different kinds of stair lifts like:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your home has a straight staircase, then a stair lift that operates along a straight track or rail is normally one of the most popular form of stair lift. These either come with drop-down or set seats that are attached. The setup of a stair lift in a straight staircase might come to be a problem if the staircases are way too tight. In case your staircase is mostly straight yet it has a contour up on top, then you may choose a straight stair lift and also a bridging system that helps the lift to reach the landing a lot better. Usually, straight stair lifts are the least costly and simplest to set up.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
In the event that your staircases are curved, then you need to install a curved stair lift. These are far more complicated compared to straight stair lifts and also they require rounded trackways to accommodate the exact shape of the staircase. Often, curved stair lifts are far more expensive.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is particularly rather narrow and it will not accommodate a chair stair lift, then a standing stair lift is best. However, you should ensure that you have ample space in the staircase andthat it is high enough to accommodate you when you are standing up. Standing stair lifts are especially beneficial for persons experiencing concerns bending their knees. Some standing stair lift designs similarly come with a small ledge that allows you to retain your balance. However, standing stair lift may not be appropriate for everyone, specifically if you don’t have the sturdiness to stand up for a number of mins or even if you are prone to getting light-headed.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These types of stair lifts are commonly installed outside on stairs that lead to your front door or on stairways leading to your yard or even patio. Exterior stair lifts are essentially similar to straight or curved stair lifts that are used inside your home; but, these are often made from weather-proof components.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in La Vernia, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Wilson County
Stair lifts are highly individualized and customized according to your requirements and the type of stairs on your property, and so the costs vary significantly. Even so, the expense of base equipments begins with about $3,000-$5,000. And, there are a number of variables that influence this base price including the size of the trackway involved, if the staircase is actually bent, an electric motor upgrade, seating upgrade, folding seat as well as foot pedal, swivel seat and type of electrical power.
Address: La Vernia, TX 78121, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
La Vernia, Texas
La Vernia is a city in Wilson County, Texas, United States. La Vernia is located is on the south bank of Cibolo Creek at the junction of U.S. Highway 87 and Texas Farm to Market Road 775, about twenty-five miles east of downtown San Antonio. The population was 1,034 in the 2010 census. and had an estimated population of 1,415 in 2018 La Vernia is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The La Vernia area was first inhabited by the Coahuiltecan speaking peoples of Texas and subsequently by nomadic bands of Apache and Comanche who migrated to Texas in the 17th century. One of the earliest land grants made was to Erastus "Deaf" Smith. Smith married Guadalupe Ruiz Durán, a Mexican citizen, who was descended from one of the original Tejano or Spanish Texas families; and as such, received a land grant from the Mexican government on Cibolo Creek, north of present-day La Vernia in 1825. This area remained primarily unsettled by Europeans until 1837, when veterans from the Texas Revolution began to arrive.
La Vernia was first settled in earnest around 1850. W. R. Wiseman of Mississippi, who organized a Presbyterian church at the site around 1851, is said to have named the place Live Oak Grove, for a grove of trees nearby.
La Vernia - Latest - Google News Google News
- COVID-19 turns off 'Friday Night Lights' at a San Antonio school - 550 KTSA
What to do in San Antonio This Weekend: Oct. 22-25 - San Antonio Magazine
What to do in San Antonio This Weekend: Oct. 22-25 San Antonio Magazine
BCSO continues to search Southeast Side property for man missing since July - Laredo Morning Times
BCSO continues to search Southeast Side property for man missing since July Laredo Morning Times
- City Of San Antonio Seeks Applicants For At-Large Positions For The Airport Advisory Commission - Patch.com
- San Antonio doctor stresses importance of routine mammograms during pandemic - KSAT San Antonio
Which alumni from South Texas colleges and universities earn the most money? - San Antonio Business Journal
Which alumni from South Texas colleges and universities earn the most money? San Antonio Business Journal
- Ruby City celebrates 1-year anniversary with citywide scavenger hunt - culturemap.com
Photos: Which New Braunfels riverfront property floats your boat? - mySanAntonio.com
Photos: Which New Braunfels riverfront property floats your boat? mySanAntonio.com
These San Antonio businesses are thriving amid the pandemic - KSAT San Antonio
These San Antonio businesses are thriving amid the pandemic KSAT San Antonio
- New meat market on San Antonio's East Side will offer farm-to-table pork, beef and chicken - San Antonio Current
- Ketel One vodka is latest beverage company latest to bring canned cocktails to San Antonio - San Antonio Current
- Homegrown Tricks and Treats: Creations of 7 San Antonio artists keep the Halloween spirit alive - San Antonio Current
- Flux: Freetail Brewing exec ready to get out of 2020 like a ‘Bat Outta Helles’ - mySA
- ‘A monster singer’: Michelle Garibay-Carey, daughter of a San Antonio legend, makes a soulful statement of her own - San Antonio Express-News
San Antonio Voter Voices: ‘We need unity, civility, truthfulness.’ - KSAT San Antonio
San Antonio Voter Voices: ‘We need unity, civility, truthfulness.’ KSAT San Antonio
Two years after arrest, San Antonio man sues accusers when prosecutor drops sex assault charges - San Antonio Express-News
Two years after arrest, San Antonio man sues accusers when prosecutor drops sex assault charges San Antonio Express-News
- Is San Antonio the next space hub? Mayor Nirenberg to meet with Pentagon officials on Wednesday - KSAT San Antonio
- Nurse trying to stay with daughter in San Antonio after tragic crash - WOAI
- Emergency housing assistance available to those who qualify - WOAI
- Southeast Side site searched for man missing since July altercation - mySA
- Apartment residents in southeast San Antonio face health concerns due to power outages - KSAT San Antonio
- New Braunfels eyes 100,000 population milestone | Community Alert | herald-zeitung.com - Herald Zeitung
Cibolo starts bidding process for third fire station - mySanAntonio.com
Cibolo starts bidding process for third fire station mySanAntonio.com
- New fencing along Toepperwein Road part of Live Oak beautification project - mySA
- McNay Art Museum Honors Life and Art of Pop Icon Robert Indiana In New Exhibition Robert Indiana: A Legacy of Love! - stylelushtv.com
What to do in San Antonio Today: Oct. 21 - San Antonio Magazine
What to do in San Antonio Today: Oct. 21 San Antonio Magazine
Pandemic cancels San Antonio Veterans Day ceremonies, parade - San Antonio Express-News
Pandemic cancels San Antonio Veterans Day ceremonies, parade San Antonio Express-News
Second HOV Lane In San Antonio Opens On North Side - Texas Public Radio
Second HOV Lane In San Antonio Opens On North Side Texas Public Radio
- Here's why Airbnb calls this San Antonio-area hotel a 'certified scare-bnb' - mySanAntonio.com
- San Antonio restaurants and bars now have access to another round of federal pandemic aid funding - San Antonio Current
- 6 spooky ways to celebrate a socially distant Dia de los Muertos in San Antonio - culturemap.com
Downtown Marriott hotels under new leadership of industry veteran - San Antonio Business Journal
Downtown Marriott hotels under new leadership of industry veteran San Antonio Business Journal
- East Central ISD to hold free drive-thru food distributions over the next two Saturdays - WOAI
- SUBS NEEDED: SAISD hiring immediately for long-term subs this school year - WOAI
- 'Huck' the Husky found poking his head out of San Antonio drainage ditch, needs a new home - WOAI
San Antonio Zoo will hold fundraiser inspired by festivals cancelled in 2020 - San Antonio Current
San Antonio Zoo will hold fundraiser inspired by festivals cancelled in 2020 San Antonio Current
San Antonio EDF adds new business recruitment firepower with former Deloitte negotiator - San Antonio Business Journal
San Antonio EDF adds new business recruitment firepower with former Deloitte negotiator San Antonio Business Journal
- San Antonio activist named 2020 L'Oréal Paris Woman of Worth for work with female veterans - San Antonio Current
- National Democratic super PAC will double spending to $12 million to help flip the Texas House - San Antonio Current
Get a free taco and sopapillas at San Antonio restaurant - KSAT San Antonio
Get a free taco and sopapillas at San Antonio restaurant KSAT San Antonio
- San Antonio's Leading Local News: Weather, Traffic, Sports and more | San Antonio, Texas | KENS5.com | kens5.com - KENS5.com
- New East Side meat market The Farmers Butcher to sell all local, pasture-raised pork, beef and chicken - mySA
- Reese's Rolling Door, SA Zoo Local's Day, The Voice, & YOSA Standing Ovation Week! - WOAI
Taste History at Golden Wat Noodle House - San Antonio Magazine
Taste History at Golden Wat Noodle House San Antonio Magazine
- Bruce Campbell talks ‘Evil Dead’ before San Antonio screening at Tobin Center for the Performing Arts - San Antonio Express-News
3 scenic drives through Texas Hill Country from U.S. 281 in San Antonio area - San Antonio Express-News
3 scenic drives through Texas Hill Country from U.S. 281 in San Antonio area San Antonio Express-News
Remember to vote on proposed Wilson County liquor law changes - Wilson County News
Remember to vote on proposed Wilson County liquor law changes Wilson County News
Live Oak resident celebrates turning 102 with parade - KSAT San Antonio
Live Oak resident celebrates turning 102 with parade KSAT San Antonio
- San Antonio may get a blast of arctic air early next week, NWS says - mySA
New vegan food truck Project Pollo serves great ‘chicken’ sandwiches in downtown San Antonio - San Antonio Express-News
New vegan food truck Project Pollo serves great ‘chicken’ sandwiches in downtown San Antonio San Antonio Express-News
San Antonio Zoo CEO discusses conservation work, new film Escape from Extinction - San Antonio Current
San Antonio Zoo CEO discusses conservation work, new film Escape from Extinction San Antonio Current
LTC(R) Richard Leland Martin II | Obituaries | seguingazette.com - Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
LTC(R) Richard Leland Martin II | Obituaries | seguingazette.com Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
- PHOTOS: San Antonio's 'most wanted' criminals still at large - WOAI
- 'On a Stick’ festival at San Antonio Zoo will celebrate all the festivals you missed in 2020 - KSAT San Antonio
- First ever U.S. Space Force recruits heading to San Antonio for basic military training - FOX 29
- Shots fired by several people at an apartment complex on San Antonio's Southeast side - 550 KTSA
- Skyline: Repairs underway at San Antonio church damaged by scaffolding accident - mySanAntonio.com
Seguin resident wins $40M in Lotto payoff | Alert | seguingazette.com - Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
Seguin resident wins $40M in Lotto payoff | Alert | seguingazette.com Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
- Cibolo Police looking for trio caught on video as they tried to get into vehicles - 550 KTSA
- These are the 10 best public elementary schools in the San Antonio area, according to Niche - KSAT San Antonio
- First automobile arrived on Oct. 20, 1899 in San Antonio - FOX 29
DPS Opens New Inspection Facility In Seguin – Corridor News - San Marcos Corridor News
DPS Opens New Inspection Facility In Seguin – Corridor News San Marcos Corridor News
- Kona's $19 bottomless mimosa brunch offer starts in San Antonio this weekend - mySA
- Different wrecks kill two New Braunfels men | Community Alert - Herald Zeitung
- San Antonio research center begins COVID-19 patient trial for anticoagulant drug Xarelto - KSAT San Antonio
What to do in San Antonio Today: Oct. 20 - San Antonio Magazine
What to do in San Antonio Today: Oct. 20 San Antonio Magazine
- I went to a sold out outdoor comedy show at the AT&T Center. Here's what you need to know about the new COVID-19 protocols. - mySanAntonio.com
- Internet troubles at Judson ISD causes blackout with remote learners - FOX 29
- Stylish Living with Stacey D. | Floresville Peanut Festival Updates & Peanut Coronation - WOAI
- Seguin resident claims $47 million Lotto Texas jackpot - WOAI