Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Benefits of Installing a Stair Lift in Your Home San Augustine, Texas
Assuming that you have been staying in your home much of your life or if you have plainly moved to a brand new residence in San Augustine, and then you perhaps wish to stay , especially if you are near your friends and also family members. According to a study via AARP, even as they get older, approximately 90% of senior citizens choose to remain in their homes. Still, this is actually never as easy as it appears and along with physical health decreasing as one grows older, it comes to be more and more complicated for senior citizens to stay independently, particularly if you have stairs in your home that you may need to go up everyday.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Stairs could be one of the absolute most tough and unsafe areas at home. Thankfully, there are solutions that can easily allow your family member or you to remain at home and also be actually self-supporting for longer as well as a stair lift can be a great help for people dealing with mobility problems, those using a wheel rollator or individuals in a wheelchair.
9 out of
What is a stair lift? A stair lift is a simple tool that can easily assist you to become mobile and also it transports you up and down the staircases, enabling you to move around in your home easily as well as do tasks that you would be unable to undertake typically.
A stair lift is in a nutshell an automated chair that helps to elevate you down and up the stairs. A track or rail is commonly placed to the staircase treads and also a seat or a hauling platform is affixed to the track. You can get on the chair or the platform as well as the chair slides along the path helping you get up as well as down the stairs. You similarly have designs wherein you can use your wheelchair on the stair lift and these are referred to as platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are actually a huge support to the elderly people as well as people with mobility challenges that find it a demanding task to move down and up the stairs in their house. Having a stair lift at home can have a lot of benefits:
When mobility as well as moving a house with stairs comes to be a complication for senior citizens as well as individuals with handicaps, they are actually commonly faced with the choice of relocating. That being said, using a stair lift, you can easily stay in the house. A stair lift can easily allow you ability to move around in your home and move up and down the stairs really effortlessly and also obstacle-free.
A stair lift provides mechanical passage up and down the staircases. The chair of the stair lift features a seat belt that ensures that you are protected when the stair lift is in progress. Today, most stair lifts have inbuilt protection functions that will definitely avoid its use in the event that it encounters an obstruction on the stairs or even if any type of portion of the stair lift i.e. the chair, armrests or even footrest is not in its proper position. The stair lifts also are geared up alongside a protection lock that stops any type of accidental usage or even little ones from using the chair.
Typically, the chair of the stair lift comes with a changeable and padded seating as well as armrests that offer best support. You can also calibrate the footrest according to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
The majority of stair lifts offer quite slim profiles as well as do not take up the entire staircase, which is openly attainable. Usually, the chair, in addition to the foot rest are foldable to ensure that it is not an obstacle for family members as well as other individuals would like to use the stairs.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are very simple to use as well as handle. Most stair lifts have a toggle switch positioned on the armrest of the chair that permits you to handle it. Now a days, several stair lift styles are installed alongside a remote control that permits you to manage it really easily and also gets the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the stairs as needed. When the stair lift is in the lock setting, it recharges, so that you can easily use it whenever you want to and just in case there is a power disconnection, the stair lift often has an built in battery back up that allows you to operate it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in San Augustine?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are mostly used by and also are a wonderful support for:
- Growing old in place seniors
- Individuals having walking and also movement conditions. those using a walker or in a wheelchair
- Persons with a health issue
- Individuals having a sports impairment
- People with balance problems
- Those with leg and also back conditions
Types of Stair Lifts
There are different types of stair lifts like:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your residence comes with straight stairs, then a stair lift that manages adjacent a straight track or rail is normally one of the most popular kind of stair lift. These either provide drop-down or perhaps set seats that are attached. The installation of a stair lift for a straight staircase may become an issue if the staircases are too thin. In case your staircase is mainly straight but it has an arc up on top, then you can easily pick a straight stair lift and a joining platform that serves to help the lift to come to the landing a lot better. Usually, straight stair lifts are the least pricey and simplest to install.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
If your stairs are actually curved, then you must set up a curved stair lift. These are actually a lot more complicated compared to straight stair lifts as well as they require curved rails to accommodate the precise shape of the staircase. Normally, curved stair lifts are actually far more costly.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is especially very narrow and it will certainly not accommodate a seated stair lift, then a standing stair lift is preferred. On the other hand, you must make certain that you have enough clearance in the staircase plusthat it is elevated enough to accommodate you when you are standing up. Standing stair lifts are primarily beneficial for people having problems bending their knees. Some standing stair lift versions also feature a little ledge that helps you to hold on to your balance. Even so, standing stair lift might not be suitable for everyone, especially if you don’t have the sturdiness to stand for a several minutes or even if you are prone to getting light-headed.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These sorts of stair lifts are generally mounted outside on stairways that lead to your front door or on stairways leading to your back yard or patio. Outdoor stair lifts are generally similar to straight or curved stair lifts that are used inside your home; however, these are often made using weather-proof materials.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in San Augustine, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in San Augustine County
Stair lifts are extremely personalized and customized in line with your wants and the kind of staircases on your property, therefore the costs differ significantly. Having said that, the cost of base equipments starts from about $3,000-$5,000. And, there are numerous details that influence this base pricing such as the size of the rail required, if the staircase is curved, an electric motor upgrade, seat upgrade, folding seat and foot pedal, swivel seating and form of power.
Address: San Augustine, TX 75972, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
San Augustine, Texas
San Augustine is the county seat city of San Augustine County, Texas, in East Texas, United States. The population was 2,108 at the 2010 census.
The first European settlement in the area began in 1717 with the establishment of Mission Nuestra Señora de los Dolores de los Ais by Spanish Missionaries. The mission was abandoned and reestablished in 1721. It lasted until 1773 and is now preserved as Mission Dolores State Historic Site
The town began in 1832 with land owned by Thomas S. McFarland. The town was named after the Presidio de San Agustín de Ahumada, which had been named in honor of the (1755–1761) Viceroy of New Spain, Don Agustín de Ahumada y Villalón.
San Augustine - Latest - Google News Google News
- Texans urged to participate in online survey for disaster aid; San Augustine County not yet under Major Disaster Declaration for Individual Assistance - Lufkin Daily News
- Zwolle residents, businesses have been without running water for nearly 2 weeks now - KSLA
- 2021 Shelby County Livestock Sale Underway (Sale Ended) - scttx.com
Job fair announced for Toledo Bend Army Recreation Park - Leesville Daily Leader
Job fair announced for Toledo Bend Army Recreation Park Leesville Daily Leader
- East Texas community rallies around San Augustine city worker after house fire - KLTV
- East Texas community rallies around San Augustine city worker after house fire - KTRE
A Message from the General Manager - "Your Cooperative Will Protect Its Members" - dailynewsandmore.com
A Message from the General Manager - "Your Cooperative Will Protect Its Members" dailynewsandmore.com
- City of Joaquin Special Called Meeting March 3rd Agenda - scttx.com
Sales tax increase on November ballot for City of Pineland - dailynewsandmore.com
Sales tax increase on November ballot for City of Pineland dailynewsandmore.com
- Center HS Library Accepting Book Donations for Sale - scttx.com
- Shelbyville ISD Board of Trustees Notice of Special Meeting, Mar. 1 Agenda - scttx.com
- DETEC reports lineman injured, crews focus on remaining outages - KTRE
- DETEC Status Update: Lineman Accident Ends with Minor Injury - scttx.com
- DETEC Status Update as of 9am: Shelby Co. Has 1713 Current Outages - scttx.com
- San Augustine residents still without power, water not fully restored - KTRE
- Former San Augustine County Sheriff Charles Bryan has died - kjas.com
- Missing San Augustine man found safe on CR 202 days after wrecked vehicle located - KLTV
- San Augustine Police ask for help in search for missing man - KLTV
- Affidavit: Blood in missing San Augustine woman’s van leads to arrest of ex-husband - KTRE
- Man charged with murder in connection with missing San Augustine woman - KLTV
- Abandoned van only clue about missing San Augustine woman - KLTV
- ‘Erratic’ driver arrested for money laundering after pulled over by San Augustine Co. deputy - KTRE
- Mark in Texas History: Augus Theatre in San Augustine - KTRE
- Victim of Sept. 11 shooting in San Augustine County dies - KLTV
- 1 adult, 1 juvenile still in custody after shooting incident in San Augustine County - KLTV
UNDER THE LIGHTS: Winnsboro beats San Augustine 37-6 - CBS19.tv KYTX
UNDER THE LIGHTS: Winnsboro beats San Augustine 37-6 CBS19.tv KYTX
- San Augustine’s Kevorian Barnes verbally commits to UTSA - KLTV
- 23,000 marijuana plant field uncovered in San Augustine County - KLTV
- WEBXTRA: San Augustine Wolves prepare for what could be unique 2020 football season - KLTV
- San Augustine woman accused of assaulting officers and jailer - kjas.com
- San Augustine once again in preseason football poll - KLTV
- SHERIFF: San Augustine deputies help arrest escaped inmate - CBS19.tv KYTX
- San Augustine County issues stay-at-home order for residents due to COVID-19 concerns - KLTV
Normangee football team can't slow down San Augustine in 84-46 loss - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Normangee football team can't slow down San Augustine in 84-46 loss Bryan-College Station Eagle