Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Benefits of Installing a Stair Lift in Your Home Bryan, Texas
Assuming that you have been residing in your household most of your life or even if you have just relocated to a new residence in Bryan, after that you certainly wish to remain , especially if you are near your good friends and loved ones. According to a study via AARP, even as they age, approximately 90% of senior citizens would like to stay in their home or apartments. Although this is never as easy as it sounds and along with physical overall health deteriorating when one grows older, it becomes much more hard for seniors to stay on their own, primarily if you have stairs at home that you may need to go up daily.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Staircases can be one of the most challenging as well as unsafe places in your home. Fortunately, there are actually methods that can certainly allow your family member or even you to stay at home as well as be self-sufficient for longer and also a stair lift could be a good help for people experiencing mobility problems, those using a wheel rollator or people in a wheelchair.
8 out of
What actually is a stair lift? A stair lift is a helpful piece of equipment that can assist you to be mobile and also it brings you down and up the stairs, enabling you to move around in your house conveniently and engage in activities that you would most likely be unable to undertake typically.
A stair lift is basically a mechanized chair that assists to raise you up and down the staircases. A track or rail is generally positioned to the stair treads and also a chair or perhaps a hauling platform is attached to the track. You can easily get on the chair or the platform as well as the chair slides along the path enabling you move up and down the stairs. You also have designs where you can use your wheelchair on the stair lift as well as these are referred to as platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are actually a significant help to the elderly people as well as persons by having mobility issues that find it a challenge to move up and down the stairs in their house. Getting a stair lift at home can easily have a ton of perks:
- Offers Freedom Independent Living
When mobility as well as moving a home along with staircases becomes a trouble for senior citizens and also people with handicaps, they are usually confronted with the option of relocating. Having said that, using a stair lift, you can easily remain at home. A stair lift can give you ability to move around in your house and go up and down the stairs really effortlessly and obstacle-free.
A stair lift offers automated passage down and up the staircases. The seat of the stair lift has a seat belt that makes certain that you are safe when the stair lift is in motion. Today, the majority of stair lifts have integrated safety functions that are going to avoid its operation in the event it encounters an obstruction on the staircases or if any sort of part of the stair lift such as the seat, armrests or even foot rest is not in its right position. The stair lifts in addition are outfitted alongside a safety lock that protects against any unexpected usage or even little ones from operating the chair.
Normally, the seat of the stair lift features a changeable as well as cushioned seating and also armrests that offer maximum comfort. You can also adjust the foot rest according to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
Many stair lifts feature relatively slim profiles as well as do not take up the entire staircase, which is freely accessible. Normally, the chair, in addition to the foot rest are foldable to ensure that it is not a blockage for family members as well as other people intending to use the stairs.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are very user-friendly as well as handle. A lot of stair lifts have a button found on the armrest of the chair that enables you to control it. Now a days, many stair lift versions are actually outfitted with a remote control that permits you to control it quite easily and gets the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the staircases as required. When the stair lift is in the lock setting, it charges, in order that you can easily make use of it whenever you want to and also in the event that there is a electricity disconnection, the stair lift normally has an integrated battery back up that allows you to operate it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in Bryan?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are primarily used by and also are a very good support for:
- Growing old in place seniors
- People having walking and also movement disorders. those using a walker or in a wheelchair
- Persons with a health condition
- Individuals having a sports injury
- Individuals with balance problems
- Those with leg and also back problems
Types of Stair Lifts
There are various types of stair lifts like:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your home comes with straight stairs, then a stair lift which operates on a straight trackway or rail is normally the best popular kind of stair lift. These oftentimes provide drop-down or set seats that are affixed. The setup of a stair lift for a straight stairs may end up being an issue if the staircases are far too thin. In case your staircase is mainly straight yet it features a curve up on top, then you can easily select a straight stair lift and also a connecting system that helps the lift to reach the landing more effectively. Generally, straight stair lifts are the least expensive and easiest to setup.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
In case that your stairs are actually curved, then you should install a curved stair lift. Those are far more complex compared to straight stair lifts and they need curved rails to go with the specific shape of the stairs. Normally, curved stair lifts are much more pricey.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is particularly rather slender and it will not accommodate a seated stair lift, then a standing stair lift is generally recommended. Having said that, you should make sure that you have ample clearance in the staircase andthat it is elevated enough to fit you when you are standing up. Standing stair lifts are particularly beneficial for individuals experiencing challenges flexing their legs. Some standing stair lift styles also have a small ledge that allows you to retain your balance. However, standing stair lift might not be appropriate for everybody, specifically if you do not have the strength to stand up for a couple of mins or you are simply predisposed to getting light-headed.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These types of stair lifts are often put up outside on stairways that lead to your main door or on steps going to your backyard or garden. Exterior stair lifts are generally the same as straight or curved stair lifts that are used indoors; but, these are normally made using weather-proof components.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in Bryan, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Brazos County
Stair lifts are very individualized and customized in line with your needs and the type of staircases in your residence, and so the prices differ significantly. Having said that, the price of base systems begins with about $3,000-$5,000. And, there are several variables that impact this base price including the length of the rail needed, if the stairs is curved, an electric motor upgrade, seat upgrade, folding seat as well as foot pedal, swivel seat as well as kind of energy.
Address: Bryan, TX 77801, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
Bryan is a city and the county seat of Brazos County,Texas, United States. It is located in the heart of the Brazos Valley (East and Central Texas). As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 76,201. As of December 2019, the estimated population was 90,404. Bryan borders the city of College Station, which lies to its south. Together they are referred to as the Bryan–College Station metropolitan area, which has a population of more than 250,069
The area around Bryan was part of a land grant to Moses Austin by Spain. Austin's son, Stephen F. Austin, helped bring settlers to the area. Among the settlers was William Joel Bryan, the nephew of Stephen Austin. In 1866 the county seat of Brazos County was changed from Boonville to Bryan, and a post office was opened. In 1867, after many delays caused by the Civil War, the Houston and Texas Central Railroad, which had only previously gotten as far as Millican, finally reached Bryan. A short time later, in 1871, the city of Bryan became incorporated. Just south of Bryan, Texas A&M College opened in 1876 in what later would be known as College Station. The following year, 1877 saw the establishment of the Bryan Independent School District. Keeping up with progress in the rest of the country, Bryan added electric lighting and a waterworks to its community in 1889. The fifth Brazos County courthouse was built in 1892, and by the turn of the century, in 1900, the International-Great Northern Railroad stopped in Bryan.
Using a generous grant of $10,000 from Andrew Carnegie, the Carnegie Library of Bryan opened its doors in 1902. A bell, made in 1905 and rung in 1918 to signal the end of World War I is still located out front today. In 1910 the town built an interurban railroad to College Station. By 1923 the line was abandoned. The first Jewish place of worship, the Temple Freda synagogue, was opened in 1913. During the 1930s the town of North Oakwood merged with Bryan. Now Bryan and College Station are "twin" cities. In 1936 State Highway 6 was built, running right through town.
Bryan - Latest - Google News Google News
- 40 new COVID-19 cases reported by the Brazos County Health District - KBTX
Calendar for Saturday | Local News | theeagle.com - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Calendar for Saturday | Local News | theeagle.com Bryan-College Station Eagle
Aggie Ring Day still special, even during pandemic - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Aggie Ring Day still special, even during pandemic Bryan-College Station Eagle
Police: Bryan man wrecked hotel room - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Police: Bryan man wrecked hotel room Bryan-College Station Eagle
Annual Brazos Valley Business Summit focuses on coronavirus fallout - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Annual Brazos Valley Business Summit focuses on coronavirus fallout Bryan-College Station Eagle
Sole survivor of deadly Bryan plane crash receives Aggie ring - KXXV News Channel 25
Sole survivor of deadly Bryan plane crash receives Aggie ring KXXV News Channel 25
- Aggieland Humane Society Pet of the Week: Yogi - KBTX
- “Buy the Brazos” campaign working to promote local businesses - KBTX
- Local men arrested for child pornography, online solicitation of a minor - KAGSTV.com
- Brazos County Commission's Review Of Refreshed Website Includes A New Home Page Image - WTAW
- Treat of the Day: Brazos County Sheriff's Deputy Patrick Braly - KBTX
- Citizen's Report Leads Bryan Police Making An Arrest Of A Driver For DWI With Three Prior Convictions - WTAW
- College Station Firefighters Respond To Smelling Smoke & Bryan Police Respond To A Car Hitting A Tree - WTAW
- College Station City Council Approves Giving Santa's Wonderland $150000 In Hotel Occupancy Tax Money - WTAW
- Bryan man accused of wrecking hotel room, throwing end table out 6th story window - KBTX
Authorities arrest Bryan man on child pornography charges - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Authorities arrest Bryan man on child pornography charges Bryan-College Station Eagle
College Station man accused of online solicitation of a minor - Bryan-College Station Eagle
College Station man accused of online solicitation of a minor Bryan-College Station Eagle
- LAST DAY TO REGISTER FOR LUNCH 'N LEARN WITH TxDOT BRYAN DISTRICT ENGINEER – KWHI.com - kwhi.com
College Station partnering with Santa’s Wonderland to boost tourism - Bryan-College Station Eagle
College Station partnering with Santa’s Wonderland to boost tourism Bryan-College Station Eagle
College Station City Council backs redefining 'family' and 'related' for housing purposes - Bryan-College Station Eagle
College Station City Council backs redefining 'family' and 'related' for housing purposes Bryan-College Station Eagle
Jay B. Silveria to serve as executive director of Bush School's Washington D.C. site - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Jay B. Silveria to serve as executive director of Bush School's Washington D.C. site Bryan-College Station Eagle
Calendar for Friday | Local News | theeagle.com - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Calendar for Friday | Local News | theeagle.com Bryan-College Station Eagle
Notice of Public Hearings | Legal Announcements | theeagle.com - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Notice of Public Hearings | Legal Announcements | theeagle.com Bryan-College Station Eagle
Brazos County grand jury indicts 46 - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Brazos County grand jury indicts 46 Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Hispanic Forum of Bryan/College Station kicks off “12 Days of Voter Registration” - KBTX
- A&M: Woman says date rape drug was put in her drink at off-campus frat party - KBTX
- Sexual Assault Resource Center provides support to Texas A&M students amid report of assault off campus - KBTX
Bryan firefighters deployed to help diminish the West Coast wildfires - KXXV News Channel 25
Bryan firefighters deployed to help diminish the West Coast wildfires KXXV News Channel 25
- Brazos Church Pantry clients increase by 20 percent during pandemic - KAGSTV.com
- Bryan's Leading Local News: Weather, Traffic, Sports and more | Bryan, Texas - KAGSTV.com
- Treat of the Day: B/CS Chamber Ambassadors - KBTX
- Traveling signs bring isolation awareness for residents in care facilities - KBTX
- Local police departments adjust National Night Out celebrations amid pandemic - KAGSTV.com
Texas A&M researchers developing first oral anthrax vaccine for livestock, wildlife - KXXV News Channel 25
Texas A&M researchers developing first oral anthrax vaccine for livestock, wildlife KXXV News Channel 25
- Bryan Police Arrest Brenham Man For Shoplifting More Than $1200 Of Merchandise At The West Bryan Walmart - WTAW
- TEA releases public school COVID-19 dashboard - KBTX
- Brazos County Jail Population Includes Two Men With The Same First And Last Names - WTAW
- Texas A & M University’s Innovative $546m project breaks ground in Houston - CW39 Houston
- Local man accused of possessing child pornography - KBTX
- Dr. Birx praised Texas A&M’s ‘low’ COVID rates. It’s higher than both Rice and Baylor. - Houston Chronicle
Search firm hired to find Texas A&M University’s next president - defendernetwork.com
Search firm hired to find Texas A&M University’s next president defendernetwork.com
More Bryan-College Station families choose in-person learning for second six weeks - Bryan-College Station Eagle
More Bryan-College Station families choose in-person learning for second six weeks Bryan-College Station Eagle
Reports allege Texas A&M students drugged, sexually assaulted off campus - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Reports allege Texas A&M students drugged, sexually assaulted off campus Bryan-College Station Eagle
Bryan man arrested on felony drug charges - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Bryan man arrested on felony drug charges Bryan-College Station Eagle
State of the race update: City Council Place 5 - Texas A&M The Battalion
State of the race update: City Council Place 5 Texas A&M The Battalion
- Bryan-College Station housing market staying afloat during the pandemic - KAGSTV.com
Texas A&M inches closer to being designated a Hispanic-Serving Institution - KXXV News Channel 25
Texas A&M inches closer to being designated a Hispanic-Serving Institution KXXV News Channel 25
- Positivity rate among Texas A&M students decreased by 50% in round two of random testing - KXXV News Channel 25
- Rudder High School looking for additional classrooms on Bryan ISD bond - KAGSTV.com
- Salvation Army of B-CS Angel Tree applications now open - KAGSTV.com
- Texas A&M-Galveston Faculty Member Part of Group Launching Whale Monitoring Tool Designed to Prevent Vessel Collisions - tamug.edu
- Bryan Council Approves Change Orders And Learns About Construction Delays At New Midtown Park Ballfields - WTAW
- Police say Bryan man selling drugs from motel room - KBTX
- Bryan ISD prepares for the start of football season - KBTX
- Beta rain: How much we saw in the Brazos Valley - KBTX
- Texas A&M offers "Homework Helpline" that provides free tutoring for virtual learning - KLUV
- As Texas college towns emerge as coronavirus hot spots, universities try to keep students from infecting locals - Huntsville Item
- Hispanic Forum of B-CS hosting 12 Days of Voter Registration up until Oct. 5 deadline - KAGSTV.com
Bryan City Council OKs additional funding for Travis Little League Fields project - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Bryan City Council OKs additional funding for Travis Little League Fields project Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Aggies Vote organization pushes students to register to vote on National Voter Registration Day - KXXV News Channel 25
- UPDATE: Brazos Transit District Says The B/CS MPO Does Not Control Funding Of Upcoming Projects - WTAW
- Tropical Depression Beta keeps rain chance alive - KBTX
Texas A&M to build special hospital for rare, adorable sea turtles - Houston Chronicle
Texas A&M to build special hospital for rare, adorable sea turtles Houston Chronicle
- List: Fun Fall activities in the Brazos Valley - KAGSTV.com
Bryan restaurants say increased capacity limit will help business - KXXV News Channel 25
Bryan restaurants say increased capacity limit will help business KXXV News Channel 25
Davis Diamond to host voter registration event | News | thebatt.com - Texas A&M The Battalion
Davis Diamond to host voter registration event | News | thebatt.com Texas A&M The Battalion
Chancellor Sharp reacts to President Young's remarks about merit raises - Texas A&M The Battalion
Chancellor Sharp reacts to President Young's remarks about merit raises Texas A&M The Battalion
- Exceptional Aggies: Engineering students make life-saving alert device for service dogs - KAGSTV.com
- Bryan Man Convicted Of Unauthorized Use Of Three Vehicles Is Accused Of A Fourth - WTAW
Ballet folklórico dance group of Bryan ISD showcase their Mexican culture - KXXV News Channel 25
Ballet folklórico dance group of Bryan ISD showcase their Mexican culture KXXV News Channel 25