Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Benefits of Installing a Stair Lift in Your Home Bryan, Texas
Assuming that you have been residing in your household most of your life or even if you have just relocated to a new residence in Bryan, after that you certainly wish to remain , especially if you are near your good friends and loved ones. According to a study via AARP, even as they age, approximately 90% of senior citizens would like to stay in their home or apartments. Although this is never as easy as it sounds and along with physical overall health deteriorating when one grows older, it becomes much more hard for seniors to stay on their own, primarily if you have stairs at home that you may need to go up daily.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Staircases can be one of the most challenging as well as unsafe places in your home. Fortunately, there are actually methods that can certainly allow your family member or even you to stay at home as well as be self-sufficient for longer and also a stair lift could be a good help for people experiencing mobility problems, those using a wheel rollator or people in a wheelchair.
8 out of
What actually is a stair lift? A stair lift is a helpful piece of equipment that can assist you to be mobile and also it brings you down and up the stairs, enabling you to move around in your house conveniently and engage in activities that you would most likely be unable to undertake typically.
A stair lift is basically a mechanized chair that assists to raise you up and down the staircases. A track or rail is generally positioned to the stair treads and also a chair or perhaps a hauling platform is attached to the track. You can easily get on the chair or the platform as well as the chair slides along the path enabling you move up and down the stairs. You also have designs where you can use your wheelchair on the stair lift as well as these are referred to as platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are actually a significant help to the elderly people as well as persons by having mobility issues that find it a challenge to move up and down the stairs in their house. Getting a stair lift at home can easily have a ton of perks:
- Offers Freedom Independent Living
When mobility as well as moving a home along with staircases becomes a trouble for senior citizens and also people with handicaps, they are usually confronted with the option of relocating. Having said that, using a stair lift, you can easily remain at home. A stair lift can give you ability to move around in your house and go up and down the stairs really effortlessly and obstacle-free.
A stair lift offers automated passage down and up the staircases. The seat of the stair lift has a seat belt that makes certain that you are safe when the stair lift is in motion. Today, the majority of stair lifts have integrated safety functions that are going to avoid its operation in the event it encounters an obstruction on the staircases or if any sort of part of the stair lift such as the seat, armrests or even foot rest is not in its right position. The stair lifts in addition are outfitted alongside a safety lock that protects against any unexpected usage or even little ones from operating the chair.
Normally, the seat of the stair lift features a changeable as well as cushioned seating and also armrests that offer maximum comfort. You can also adjust the foot rest according to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
Many stair lifts feature relatively slim profiles as well as do not take up the entire staircase, which is freely accessible. Normally, the chair, in addition to the foot rest are foldable to ensure that it is not a blockage for family members as well as other people intending to use the stairs.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are very user-friendly as well as handle. A lot of stair lifts have a button found on the armrest of the chair that enables you to control it. Now a days, many stair lift versions are actually outfitted with a remote control that permits you to control it quite easily and gets the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the staircases as required. When the stair lift is in the lock setting, it charges, in order that you can easily make use of it whenever you want to and also in the event that there is a electricity disconnection, the stair lift normally has an integrated battery back up that allows you to operate it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in Bryan?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are primarily used by and also are a very good support for:
- Growing old in place seniors
- People having walking and also movement disorders. those using a walker or in a wheelchair
- Persons with a health condition
- Individuals having a sports injury
- Individuals with balance problems
- Those with leg and also back problems
Types of Stair Lifts
There are various types of stair lifts like:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your home comes with straight stairs, then a stair lift which operates on a straight trackway or rail is normally the best popular kind of stair lift. These oftentimes provide drop-down or set seats that are affixed. The setup of a stair lift for a straight stairs may end up being an issue if the staircases are far too thin. In case your staircase is mainly straight yet it features a curve up on top, then you can easily select a straight stair lift and also a connecting system that helps the lift to reach the landing more effectively. Generally, straight stair lifts are the least expensive and easiest to setup.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
In case that your stairs are actually curved, then you should install a curved stair lift. Those are far more complex compared to straight stair lifts and they need curved rails to go with the specific shape of the stairs. Normally, curved stair lifts are much more pricey.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is particularly rather slender and it will not accommodate a seated stair lift, then a standing stair lift is generally recommended. Having said that, you should make sure that you have ample clearance in the staircase andthat it is elevated enough to fit you when you are standing up. Standing stair lifts are particularly beneficial for individuals experiencing challenges flexing their legs. Some standing stair lift styles also have a small ledge that allows you to retain your balance. However, standing stair lift might not be appropriate for everybody, specifically if you do not have the strength to stand up for a couple of mins or you are simply predisposed to getting light-headed.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These types of stair lifts are often put up outside on stairways that lead to your main door or on steps going to your backyard or garden. Exterior stair lifts are generally the same as straight or curved stair lifts that are used indoors; but, these are normally made using weather-proof components.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in Bryan, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Brazos County
Stair lifts are very individualized and customized in line with your needs and the type of staircases in your residence, and so the prices differ significantly. Having said that, the price of base systems begins with about $3,000-$5,000. And, there are several variables that impact this base price including the length of the rail needed, if the stairs is curved, an electric motor upgrade, seat upgrade, folding seat as well as foot pedal, swivel seat as well as kind of energy.
Address: Bryan, TX 77801, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
Bryan is a city and the county seat of Brazos County,Texas, United States. It is located in the heart of the Brazos Valley (East and Central Texas). As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 76,201. As of December 2019, the estimated population was 90,404. Bryan borders the city of College Station, which lies to its south. Together they are referred to as the Bryan–College Station metropolitan area, which has a population of more than 250,069
The area around Bryan was part of a land grant to Moses Austin by Spain. Austin's son, Stephen F. Austin, helped bring settlers to the area. Among the settlers was William Joel Bryan, the nephew of Stephen Austin. In 1866 the county seat of Brazos County was changed from Boonville to Bryan, and a post office was opened. In 1867, after many delays caused by the Civil War, the Houston and Texas Central Railroad, which had only previously gotten as far as Millican, finally reached Bryan. A short time later, in 1871, the city of Bryan became incorporated. Just south of Bryan, Texas A&M College opened in 1876 in what later would be known as College Station. The following year, 1877 saw the establishment of the Bryan Independent School District. Keeping up with progress in the rest of the country, Bryan added electric lighting and a waterworks to its community in 1889. The fifth Brazos County courthouse was built in 1892, and by the turn of the century, in 1900, the International-Great Northern Railroad stopped in Bryan.
Using a generous grant of $10,000 from Andrew Carnegie, the Carnegie Library of Bryan opened its doors in 1902. A bell, made in 1905 and rung in 1918 to signal the end of World War I is still located out front today. In 1910 the town built an interurban railroad to College Station. By 1923 the line was abandoned. The first Jewish place of worship, the Temple Freda synagogue, was opened in 1913. During the 1930s the town of North Oakwood merged with Bryan. Now Bryan and College Station are "twin" cities. In 1936 State Highway 6 was built, running right through town.
Bryan - Latest - Google News Google News
- Some Texas A&M faculty members concerned new COVID protocols take too large a step too quickly - KBTX
A&M's pandemic response deserves an 'A' rating | Opinion | thebatt.com - Texas A&M The Battalion
A&M's pandemic response deserves an 'A' rating | Opinion | thebatt.com Texas A&M The Battalion
- Bryan High School's "Walk For Water" Event Returns Following Pandemic Cancellation in 2020 - WTAW
- Retired Vietnam War Helicopter Being Located In Downtown Bryan - WTAW
- Destination Bryan Preview Of Downtown Bryan's First Friday And New Branding For Tourism Office - WTAW
- Texas A&M Ph.D. student contributes to NASA's Perseverance Rover landing - KAGSTV.com
- Bryan ISD says about 450 families are interested in virtual academy so far - KBTX
Federal judge ruling could prevent future eviction moratoriums - KXXV News Channel 25
Federal judge ruling could prevent future eviction moratoriums KXXV News Channel 25
- Normangee woman arrested in connection with November hit-and-run in College Station - Navasota News
- A&M AgriLife to host virtual training sessions devoted to early childhood development - KXXV News Channel 25
May. 6, 2021 evening weather update for Bryan-College Station - Bryan-College Station Eagle
May. 6, 2021 evening weather update for Bryan-College Station Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Woman arrested after allegedly running over man who tried to stop her from driving intoxicated - KXXV News Channel 25
Bryan man facing driving while intoxicated charge for the fourth time - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Bryan man facing driving while intoxicated charge for the fourth time Bryan-College Station Eagle
Blinn College to resume on-campus tours - KAGSTV.com
Blinn College to resume on-campus tours KAGSTV.com
Brazos County reports 44 new COVID-19 cases Thursday - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Brazos County reports 44 new COVID-19 cases Thursday Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Brazos Valley nearly 100% “Drought-free” with latest update - KBTX
- Tiny Hope Village fundraising to help offer permanent housing to people experiencing homelessness - KXXV News Channel 25
- City of Bryan Update on WTAW - WTAW
- A Profile of Pride: Danny Roe '13 | Newsroom - tamug.edu
Here is today's weather outlook for May. 6, 2021 in Bryan, TX - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Here is today's weather outlook for May. 6, 2021 in Bryan, TX Bryan-College Station Eagle
College Station's Weichert Real Estate office welcomes three new employees - Bryan-College Station Eagle
College Station's Weichert Real Estate office welcomes three new employees Bryan-College Station Eagle
Mart man held on felony drug charges - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Mart man held on felony drug charges Bryan-College Station Eagle
Walk for Water event to return Saturday at Merrill Green Stadium - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Walk for Water event to return Saturday at Merrill Green Stadium Bryan-College Station Eagle
Calendar for Thursday | Local News | theeagle.com - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Calendar for Thursday | Local News | theeagle.com Bryan-College Station Eagle
Activist artist bringing furniture pieces to Brazos Valley African American Museum - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Activist artist bringing furniture pieces to Brazos Valley African American Museum Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Casa Rodriguez's Cinco de Mayo Block Party makes resounding comeback - KBTX
- Texas A&M announces employees must return to campus June 1 - KBTX
- Expected economic impact of Metro Net's arrival to the city of Bryan - KBTX
- Police explain why a bicyclist was arrested Wednesday near campus - KBTX
- Rudder High School students to transform an old school bus into a mobile library - KAGSTV.com
- Texas A&M RELLIS Campus helping meet high demand job needs for skilled workforce - KBTX
- More Than 500 Responses To The 2021 B/CS Chamber Day Survey After 2020's Event Was Cancelled By The Pandemic - WTAW
How to apply for the Brazos County Emergency Rental Assistance Program - KXXV News Channel 25
How to apply for the Brazos County Emergency Rental Assistance Program KXXV News Channel 25
- Brazos County Commissioners Continue Promoting Federal Pandemic Grant Money Is Available For Brazos County Renters - WTAW
A&M researcher suggests CrossFit could help people recovering from addiction - KXXV News Channel 25
A&M researcher suggests CrossFit could help people recovering from addiction KXXV News Channel 25
- New fiber optic internet service coming to Bryan - KBTX
Texas A&M's Veterinary Emergency Team debuts new pet evacuation trailer - KXXV News Channel 25
Texas A&M's Veterinary Emergency Team debuts new pet evacuation trailer KXXV News Channel 25
- Skimmers installed at gas stations in the Brazos Valley raising concerns of scammer safety - KXXV News Channel 25
- Allen Academy, Brazos Christian Baseball See Seasons Come to an End - WTAW
Brazos County officials, Texas A&M experts discuss falling demand for COVID-19 shots - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Brazos County officials, Texas A&M experts discuss falling demand for COVID-19 shots Bryan-College Station Eagle
Texas A&M's Veterinary Emergency Team unveils small animal evacuation trailer - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Texas A&M's Veterinary Emergency Team unveils small animal evacuation trailer Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Texas A&M researchers find way to neutralize coronavirus in split second after exposure to extreme heat - KBTX
Advice to the Class of 2025 | Life & Arts - Texas A&M The Battalion
Advice to the Class of 2025 | Life & Arts Texas A&M The Battalion
- A&M expert: Texas could become the most populated state in the US if state legislature sustains current growth - KBTX
- Health experts explain why you shouldn't worry when getting the second dose of your COVID-19 vaccine - KXXV News Channel 25
- College Station Fire Department hosting COVID-19 vaccine event Wednesday - KBTX
- Proposed Blinn College Master Plan Calls For Multiple Changes On The Bryan Campus - WTAW
- New data suggests the Brazos Valley is growing increasingly warm and wet - KAGSTV.com
- Bryan City Council Learns About Increased Hotel Room Stays During 2021's First Quarter - WTAW
- Taste of Thailand Restaurant and Grill now open in College Station - KBTX
Texas A&M features an inclusive art exhibit for the visually impaired - KXXV News Channel 25
Texas A&M features an inclusive art exhibit for the visually impaired KXXV News Channel 25
Aggie invents breakthrough vital monitoring device, Sky-paws - KXXV News Channel 25
Aggie invents breakthrough vital monitoring device, Sky-paws KXXV News Channel 25
Here is today's weather outlook for May. 4, 2021 in Bryan, TX - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Here is today's weather outlook for May. 4, 2021 in Bryan, TX Bryan-College Station Eagle
College Station high school graduations set for May - Bryan-College Station Eagle
College Station high school graduations set for May Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Brazos County Tax Office Closed Tuesday Due To Damaged Fiberoptic Line - WTAW
- Exceptional Aggies: One Army's life lessons and goals for the next generation of young men - KAGSTV.com
2021 New Student Conferences return to in-person delivery - Texas A&M The Battalion
2021 New Student Conferences return to in-person delivery Texas A&M The Battalion
- Brenham Police Provide Information That Leads To Recovering Stolen Guns In Bryan - WTAW
Two new COVID-19 strains identified on A&M's campus - Texas A&M The Battalion
Two new COVID-19 strains identified on A&M's campus Texas A&M The Battalion
Surrogate baby stays with aunt and uncle in Brazos Valley throughout the pandemic - KXXV News Channel 25
Surrogate baby stays with aunt and uncle in Brazos Valley throughout the pandemic KXXV News Channel 25
- Bryan police investigating credit card skimmers found at local businesses - KBTX
- Brazos Valley housing market demand grows after a year of uncertainty - KAGSTV.com
- Navasota man threatening to kill someone arrested on numerous charges in College Station - Navasota News
- Bryan PD searching for suspect believed to have installed skimmers at local gas station - KXXV News Channel 25
- Brazos Valley pool owners see increase in price, decrease in supply of chlorine this pool season - KXXV News Channel 25
- Vaccine hub in Bryan will administer final first doses this week, remain open through mid-June for second doses - KBTX
Students christen their Aggie Gold | Life & Arts | thebatt.com - Texas A&M The Battalion
Students christen their Aggie Gold | Life & Arts | thebatt.com Texas A&M The Battalion
Aggies emphasize importance of mental health, share resources - Texas A&M The Battalion
Aggies emphasize importance of mental health, share resources Texas A&M The Battalion
Bryan traffic stop leads to drug charges for Dallas man - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Bryan traffic stop leads to drug charges for Dallas man Bryan-College Station Eagle
Election 2021: The Results - KAGSTV.com
Election 2021: The Results KAGSTV.com