Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Benefits of Installing a Stair Lift in Your Home Bryan, Texas
Assuming that you have been residing in your household most of your life or even if you have just relocated to a new residence in Bryan, after that you certainly wish to remain , especially if you are near your good friends and loved ones. According to a study via AARP, even as they age, approximately 90% of senior citizens would like to stay in their home or apartments. Although this is never as easy as it sounds and along with physical overall health deteriorating when one grows older, it becomes much more hard for seniors to stay on their own, primarily if you have stairs at home that you may need to go up daily.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Staircases can be one of the most challenging as well as unsafe places in your home. Fortunately, there are actually methods that can certainly allow your family member or even you to stay at home as well as be self-sufficient for longer and also a stair lift could be a good help for people experiencing mobility problems, those using a wheel rollator or people in a wheelchair.
8 out of
What actually is a stair lift? A stair lift is a helpful piece of equipment that can assist you to be mobile and also it brings you down and up the stairs, enabling you to move around in your house conveniently and engage in activities that you would most likely be unable to undertake typically.
A stair lift is basically a mechanized chair that assists to raise you up and down the staircases. A track or rail is generally positioned to the stair treads and also a chair or perhaps a hauling platform is attached to the track. You can easily get on the chair or the platform as well as the chair slides along the path enabling you move up and down the stairs. You also have designs where you can use your wheelchair on the stair lift as well as these are referred to as platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are actually a significant help to the elderly people as well as persons by having mobility issues that find it a challenge to move up and down the stairs in their house. Getting a stair lift at home can easily have a ton of perks:
- Offers Freedom Independent Living
When mobility as well as moving a home along with staircases becomes a trouble for senior citizens and also people with handicaps, they are usually confronted with the option of relocating. Having said that, using a stair lift, you can easily remain at home. A stair lift can give you ability to move around in your house and go up and down the stairs really effortlessly and obstacle-free.
A stair lift offers automated passage down and up the staircases. The seat of the stair lift has a seat belt that makes certain that you are safe when the stair lift is in motion. Today, the majority of stair lifts have integrated safety functions that are going to avoid its operation in the event it encounters an obstruction on the staircases or if any sort of part of the stair lift such as the seat, armrests or even foot rest is not in its right position. The stair lifts in addition are outfitted alongside a safety lock that protects against any unexpected usage or even little ones from operating the chair.
Normally, the seat of the stair lift features a changeable as well as cushioned seating and also armrests that offer maximum comfort. You can also adjust the foot rest according to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
Many stair lifts feature relatively slim profiles as well as do not take up the entire staircase, which is freely accessible. Normally, the chair, in addition to the foot rest are foldable to ensure that it is not a blockage for family members as well as other people intending to use the stairs.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are very user-friendly as well as handle. A lot of stair lifts have a button found on the armrest of the chair that enables you to control it. Now a days, many stair lift versions are actually outfitted with a remote control that permits you to control it quite easily and gets the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the staircases as required. When the stair lift is in the lock setting, it charges, in order that you can easily make use of it whenever you want to and also in the event that there is a electricity disconnection, the stair lift normally has an integrated battery back up that allows you to operate it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in Bryan?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are primarily used by and also are a very good support for:
- Growing old in place seniors
- People having walking and also movement disorders. those using a walker or in a wheelchair
- Persons with a health condition
- Individuals having a sports injury
- Individuals with balance problems
- Those with leg and also back problems
Types of Stair Lifts
There are various types of stair lifts like:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your home comes with straight stairs, then a stair lift which operates on a straight trackway or rail is normally the best popular kind of stair lift. These oftentimes provide drop-down or set seats that are affixed. The setup of a stair lift for a straight stairs may end up being an issue if the staircases are far too thin. In case your staircase is mainly straight yet it features a curve up on top, then you can easily select a straight stair lift and also a connecting system that helps the lift to reach the landing more effectively. Generally, straight stair lifts are the least expensive and easiest to setup.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
In case that your stairs are actually curved, then you should install a curved stair lift. Those are far more complex compared to straight stair lifts and they need curved rails to go with the specific shape of the stairs. Normally, curved stair lifts are much more pricey.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is particularly rather slender and it will not accommodate a seated stair lift, then a standing stair lift is generally recommended. Having said that, you should make sure that you have ample clearance in the staircase andthat it is elevated enough to fit you when you are standing up. Standing stair lifts are particularly beneficial for individuals experiencing challenges flexing their legs. Some standing stair lift styles also have a small ledge that allows you to retain your balance. However, standing stair lift might not be appropriate for everybody, specifically if you do not have the strength to stand up for a couple of mins or you are simply predisposed to getting light-headed.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These types of stair lifts are often put up outside on stairways that lead to your main door or on steps going to your backyard or garden. Exterior stair lifts are generally the same as straight or curved stair lifts that are used indoors; but, these are normally made using weather-proof components.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in Bryan, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Brazos County
Stair lifts are very individualized and customized in line with your needs and the type of staircases in your residence, and so the prices differ significantly. Having said that, the price of base systems begins with about $3,000-$5,000. And, there are several variables that impact this base price including the length of the rail needed, if the stairs is curved, an electric motor upgrade, seat upgrade, folding seat as well as foot pedal, swivel seat as well as kind of energy.
Address: Bryan, TX 77801, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
Bryan is a city and the county seat of Brazos County,Texas, United States. It is located in the heart of the Brazos Valley (East and Central Texas). As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 76,201. As of December 2019, the estimated population was 90,404. Bryan borders the city of College Station, which lies to its south. Together they are referred to as the Bryan–College Station metropolitan area, which has a population of more than 250,069
The area around Bryan was part of a land grant to Moses Austin by Spain. Austin's son, Stephen F. Austin, helped bring settlers to the area. Among the settlers was William Joel Bryan, the nephew of Stephen Austin. In 1866 the county seat of Brazos County was changed from Boonville to Bryan, and a post office was opened. In 1867, after many delays caused by the Civil War, the Houston and Texas Central Railroad, which had only previously gotten as far as Millican, finally reached Bryan. A short time later, in 1871, the city of Bryan became incorporated. Just south of Bryan, Texas A&M College opened in 1876 in what later would be known as College Station. The following year, 1877 saw the establishment of the Bryan Independent School District. Keeping up with progress in the rest of the country, Bryan added electric lighting and a waterworks to its community in 1889. The fifth Brazos County courthouse was built in 1892, and by the turn of the century, in 1900, the International-Great Northern Railroad stopped in Bryan.
Using a generous grant of $10,000 from Andrew Carnegie, the Carnegie Library of Bryan opened its doors in 1902. A bell, made in 1905 and rung in 1918 to signal the end of World War I is still located out front today. In 1910 the town built an interurban railroad to College Station. By 1923 the line was abandoned. The first Jewish place of worship, the Temple Freda synagogue, was opened in 1913. During the 1930s the town of North Oakwood merged with Bryan. Now Bryan and College Station are "twin" cities. In 1936 State Highway 6 was built, running right through town.
Bryan - Latest - Google News Google News
CarMax to open College Station dealership Feb. 15 - Bryan-College Station Eagle
CarMax to open College Station dealership Feb. 15 Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Mary Branch Assistant Principal awarded Assistant Principal of the Year by TEPSA - KAGSTV.com
- Amazon responds to Brazos County Prime delivery concerns - KBTX
- Texas A&M students from Tyler participate in NASA astronaut remembrance - KTRE
- TXB Store breaks ground on future store location in Bryan - KAGSTV.com
The Batt Signal Podcast Episode 29: Return of the Burn - Texas A&M The Battalion
The Batt Signal Podcast Episode 29: Return of the Burn Texas A&M The Battalion
Alcohol Culture in College Life | Life & Arts - Texas A&M The Battalion
Alcohol Culture in College Life | Life & Arts Texas A&M The Battalion
KAGS at 6 | kagstv.com - KAGSTV.com
KAGS at 6 | kagstv.com KAGSTV.com
- Focus at Four: BCS workforce continues to grow - KBTX
- Treat of the Day: Dr. Guy Sheppard honored for service to veterinary medicine - KBTX
- Branch Elementary Assistant Principal awarded 'AP of the Year' - KBTX
- While the parents are away, the kids will play at Play Oasis - KBTX
- Bernice A. King visits Texas A&M for annual MLK breakfast - KBTX
- Experience modern Japanese cuisine at Kanji Sushi - KBTX
- 18-wheeler engulfed in flames in Robertson County early Thursday morning - KBTX
Texas A&M campus opens to all for Aggieland Saturday on Feb. 11 - Insite Brazos Valley
Texas A&M campus opens to all for Aggieland Saturday on Feb. 11 Insite Brazos Valley
Bryan College Station Chamber of Commerce hosts 2023 Economic Outlook Conference - Insite Brazos Valley
Bryan College Station Chamber of Commerce hosts 2023 Economic Outlook Conference Insite Brazos Valley
Calendar for Friday, Jan. 27 - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Calendar for Friday, Jan. 27 Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Hospice Brazos Valley to host Mardi Gras fundraiser - KBTX
Texas A&M online bachelor's programs ranked nationally by U.S. News - Insite Brazos Valley
Texas A&M online bachelor's programs ranked nationally by U.S. News Insite Brazos Valley
- Texas A&M Health to celebrate Health Hub Navasota opening on Jan. 28 with Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and Open House - KAGSTV.com
Texas A&M 79, No. 15 Auburn 63 - Courier of Montgomery County
Texas A&M 79, No. 15 Auburn 63 Courier of Montgomery County
- Texas A&M Visualization program retains top spot in Texas for animation - KAGSTV.com
- The City of College Station revises short-term rental ordinance - KBTX
A&M Consolidated hosts 'Mamma Mia!' tonight - Bryan-College Station Eagle
A&M Consolidated hosts 'Mamma Mia!' tonight Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Family of Bryan cosmetologist donates supplies to Charles & Sue’s School of Hair - KBTX
- Brazos Valley Blessings moving into new facility - KBTX
- City of College Station looking at redevelopment near Post Oak Mall - KBTX
KAGS at 10 | kagstv.com - KAGSTV.com
KAGS at 10 | kagstv.com KAGSTV.com
Texas A&M online undergraduate program ranks fourth in report - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Texas A&M online undergraduate program ranks fourth in report Bryan-College Station Eagle
Nick the Greek brings new flair to B-CS food scene - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Nick the Greek brings new flair to B-CS food scene Bryan-College Station Eagle
Brazos County Health Department opens men's health clinic - 25 News KXXV and KRHD
Brazos County Health Department opens men's health clinic 25 News KXXV and KRHD
- Bryan Man Arrested After Eluding Two Deputy Constables In A High Speed Chase In The Rain - WTAW
- Bryan City Council Sells Two Parcels Of Land For Future Private Development - WTAW
- Bryan ISD School Board Starts The Process Of Selecting Who Will Install Millions In New Heating/Air Conditioning Systems - WTAW
Texas A&M Singing Cadets Concert - The Dallas Morning News
Texas A&M Singing Cadets Concert The Dallas Morning News
- Texas A&M System Chancellor And Deputy Chancellor Answer A&M Faculty Senate Questions About Proposed State Legislation And Other Employee Issues - WTAW
- Expansion projects for Highway 6 expected to begin in 2024 - KBTX
A-Line: A fashion magazine for Aggies - Texas A&M The Battalion
A-Line: A fashion magazine for Aggies Texas A&M The Battalion
- Family of TAMU Student Killed by DUI Driver Awarded $69M in Damages - WBAP News/Talk
Preparing students for success - Texas A&M The Battalion
Preparing students for success Texas A&M The Battalion
- The Controlled Environment Agriculture Program is preparing students for the future of farming - KAGSTV.com
- A new Texas A&M course is looking to revolutionize the future of farming - KAGSTV.com
A&M's Wright Gallery opens exhibit on Louisiana's tignon movement - Bryan-College Station Eagle
A&M's Wright Gallery opens exhibit on Louisiana's tignon movement Bryan-College Station Eagle
- College Station Police seek public's aid in identifying two individuals - KAGSTV.com
Cutting-edge technology at the edge of College Station - Texas A&M The Battalion
Cutting-edge technology at the edge of College Station Texas A&M The Battalion
- Brazos And Grimes Counties Get Rain On Tuesday Without Severe Weather - WTAW
How A&M grad, faculty played roles in December's fusion breakthrough - Bryan-College Station Eagle
How A&M grad, faculty played roles in December's fusion breakthrough Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Hot Homes: New subdivision in Snook - KBTX
- Memorial service being held Saturday at Iola High School for elementary student who passed away - Navasota News
Newly listed homes for sale in the Bryan-College Station area - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Newly listed homes for sale in the Bryan-College Station area Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Brazos County District Court Jury Awards A $69 Million Dollar Judgment - WTAW
Here is today's weather outlook for Jan. 24, 2023 in Bryan, TX - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Here is today's weather outlook for Jan. 24, 2023 in Bryan, TX Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Remembering World War II veteran and long-time Bryan businessman - KBTX
- Bryan Amateur Radio Club to host annual Winter Field Day exercises from Jan. 28-29 - KAGSTV.com
- Amid a growing freshman population, Texas A&M's Fish Camp is looking for a new home - KAGSTV.com
Opinion: Latinx and extraneous acts of activism - Texas A&M The Battalion
Opinion: Latinx and extraneous acts of activism Texas A&M The Battalion
From service to social: MSC Open House | News - Texas A&M The Battalion
From service to social: MSC Open House | News Texas A&M The Battalion
There's no place like First Friday - Insite Brazos Valley
There's no place like First Friday Insite Brazos Valley
- Letter to the Community: Upcoming opportunities to have your voice heard in city planning process - Texas A&M The Battalion
- Four Domestic Violence Crimes In Three Years Results In A Five Year Prison Sentence For A Bryan Man - WTAW
- College Station Man Awaiting Trials On Charges Of Causing A False Fire Alarm And Criminal Trespassing - WTAW
- College Station City Council Has Unscheduled Discussion On The Merits Of Contract Change Orders - WTAW
- No injuries reported following Monday morning fire at Bryan storage facility - KBTX
Historical homes you can own in the Bryan-College Station area - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Historical homes you can own in the Bryan-College Station area Bryan-College Station Eagle
Burn to build again: Bonfire 2022 in 2023 - Texas A&M The Battalion
Burn to build again: Bonfire 2022 in 2023 Texas A&M The Battalion
Opinion: The easy way out - Texas A&M The Battalion
Opinion: The easy way out Texas A&M The Battalion
A&M expected to release final admission decisions by March - Texas A&M The Battalion
A&M expected to release final admission decisions by March Texas A&M The Battalion
Kentucky 76, Texas A&M 67 - Courier of Montgomery County
Kentucky 76, Texas A&M 67 Courier of Montgomery County
- Jane Long Intermediate PTO hosts first wellness workshop for students - KAGSTV.com