Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Stair Lifts For Seniors Mico, Texas
Supposing that you have been residing in your house the majority of your life or if you have just moved into a new house in Mico, after that you probably plan to stay here, especially if you are near your friends and colleagues as well as relatives. Base on a research by AARP, even as they get older, approximately 90% of elderly people choose to stay in their homes. However, this is actually never as easy as it sounds and with physical well-being deteriorating as one grows older, it becomes increasingly more hard for senior citizens to continue on their own, particularly if you have stairs in your home that you need to navigate everyday.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Stairs may be just one of the most difficult and unsafe locations in your house. Luckily, there are actually methods that can enable your loved one or you to stay at home and also be actually independent for longer and a stair lift could be an excellent advantage for people experiencing movement concerns, those using a wheel rollator or individuals in a wheelchair.
10 out of
What essentially is a stair lift? A stair lift is a simple tool that can assist you to become mobile as well as it brings you up and down the staircases, enabling you to move about in your home easily as well as engage in activities that you would most likely be not capable to perform otherwise.
A stair lift is in a nutshell a mechanical seat that assists to raise you down and up the stairs. A track or rail is commonly mounted to the stairway treads and a chair or a hauling platform is attached to the track. You are able to get on the chair or the platform and also the chair moves along the track enabling you ride up and down the stairs. You also have versions wherein you can use your wheelchair on the stair lift and also these are referred to as platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are actually a significant assistance to the elderly people and individuals with mobility issues who find it a difficulty to move down and up the stairs in their house. Having a stair lift at home can easily have a great deal of perks:
- Offers Freedom Independent Living
When mobility as well as getting around a house with stairs becomes a concern for elderly people and also individuals with disabilities, they are actually usually dealt with the option of moving. However, by having a stair lift, you can easily continue to be at home. A stair lift can allow you complete independence to move around in your house and also go up and down the stairs quite effortlessly and also obstacle-free.
A stair lift offers automated passage up and down the staircases. The seat of the stair lift features a seat belt that makes certain that you are safe when the stair lift is in progress. Today, a lot of stair lifts have built-in safety measure features that will certainly prevent its operation in the event it encounters an obstruction on the stairs or even if any kind of component of the stair lift such as the chair, armrests or even foot rest is not in its proper setting. The stair lifts in addition are geared up with a protection fixture that protects against any unexpected use or even little ones from using the chair.
Normally, the seat of the stair lift has a modifiable as well as padded seat as well as armrests that offer max comfort. You can also change the footrest according to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
Most stair lifts feature relatively slim profiles as well as do not block the whole staircase, which is openly reachable. Normally, the chair, in addition to the foot rest are foldable so that it is not an obstacle for family as well as other individuals would like to use the stairs.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are incredibly easy to use as well as control. The majority of stair lifts have a button positioned on the armrest of the chair that permits you to manage it. These days, numerous stair lift styles are actually geared up alongside a remote that allows you to control it really simply and gets the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the staircases as required. When the stair lift is in the lock position, it charges, to ensure that you are able to use it whenever you want to and also in the event there is a power disconnection, the stair lift often has an inbuilt battery back up that permits you to operate it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in Mico?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are mostly used by and also are a good support for:
- Growing old in place senior citizens
- People having walking and also movability disorders. those using a walker or in a wheelchair
- Persons with a health problem
- Individuals having a sports injury
- Persons with balance issues
- Those with leg and back conditions
Types of Stair Lifts
There are different forms of stair lifts like:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your house features a straight staircase, then a stair lift that operates on a straight track or rail is usually the most popular type of stair lift. These oftentimes feature drop-down or perhaps set chairs that are simply affixed. The installation of a stair lift in a straight stairs can come to be an issue if the stairs are way too thin. If your stairs is primarily straight yet it contains a curve up on top, then you can choose a straight stair lift and also a joining system that helps the lift to come to the landing better. Generally, straight stair lifts are the least expensive as well as easiest to setup.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
In case that your stairs are curved, then you should set up a curved stair lift. These are actually a lot more complicated compared to straight stair lifts and they involve rounded trackways to accommodate the exact form of the stairs. Often, curved stair lifts are actually even more pricey.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is particularly rather narrow and it will certainly not accommodate a seated stair lift, then a standing stair lift is ideal. However, you have to make certain that you have ample headroom in the stairs plusthat it is high enough to accommodate you when you are standing up. Standing stair lifts are especially beneficial for individuals having problems flexing their knees. Some standing stair lift models also offer a slight ledge that helps you to keep your balance. Even so, standing stair lift may not be appropriate for everybody, particularly if you don’t have the sturdiness to stand for a few mins or you are simply prone to getting lightheaded.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These forms of stair lifts are normally put in outside on stairs that take you to your main door or on stairs leading to your back yard or even patio. Outside stair lifts are basically the same as straight or curved stair lifts that are used inside; however, these are normally made using weather-proof components.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in Mico, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Medina County
Stair lifts are extremely individualized and tailored in line with your requirements and the kind of staircases on your property, therefore the prices vary drastically. Even so, the expense of base equipments starts from around $3,000-$5,000. And also, there are several details that influence this base pricing including the length of the rail needed, if the staircase is curved, a motor upgrade, seating upgrade, folding chair as well as foot pedal, swivel seat and also kind of energy.
Address: Mico, TX 78056, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
Mico is an unincorporated community in northeastern Medina County, Texas, United States , approximately 40 miles (64 km) west of Downtown San Antonio off Farm to Market Road 1283. The community is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). Its zip code is 78056.
The Medina Irrigation Company (MICO) originally built much of the community as a workers camp, to house the approximately 1500 Mexican laborers (and their families) who constructed Medina Dam. It was the fourth largest dam in the United States at its completion in 1913. The dam has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The dam created Lake Medina, a reservoir to supply water for irrigation of an estimated 60,000 acres (240 km2). The company was founded by Dr. Frederick Stark Pearson, an engineer and developer who designed the dam and raised private project funding, chiefly by the sale of subscriptions to British investors. The outbreak of World War I cut off the flow of capital for sale of farmland dependent on the project. Pearson's company went into receivership in 1914 and was sold finally at public auction in 1924. Today the dam and lake are operated by a local water authority.
Mico - Latest - Google News Google News
- Man found dead in CVS parking lot after apparent shooting - WOAI
- Community rallies behind gaming store during time of need - FOX 29
- FBI: Man arrested in San Antonio for providing support to ISIS, discussing possible terror attacks on U.S. soil - KSAT San Antonio
- Disabled senior cries for help, afraid she'll trip over SAWS repair project - FOX 29
- San Antonio university officials say COVID-19 safety measures keeping campus cases low - KSAT San Antonio
- Coronavirus updates: Bexar County reports highest death count from COVID-19 in two weeks - mySA
- Bexar County officials give daily COVID update - WOAI
- OFFICIALS: Burned body found over weekend belonged to a teenager - WOAI
San Antonio tech startup adds former Rackspace executive to C-suite - San Antonio Business Journal
San Antonio tech startup adds former Rackspace executive to C-suite San Antonio Business Journal
What to do in San Antonio Today: Sept. 23 - San Antonio Magazine
What to do in San Antonio Today: Sept. 23 San Antonio Magazine
Solana Ridge resident delivered meals, hope to schoolchildren during pandemic - San Antonio Express-News
Solana Ridge resident delivered meals, hope to schoolchildren during pandemic San Antonio Express-News
- San Antonio rolls out reopening plan for parks and other popular amenities - culturemap.com
- San Antonio's MOVE Texas hosting biggest online National Voter Registration Day event in the U.S. - San Antonio Current
Planning The Future Of Micromobility In San Antonio - Texas Public Radio
Planning The Future Of Micromobility In San Antonio Texas Public Radio
Philanthropist Najim gifts $3M to UTSA for new career advancement center - San Antonio Business Journal
Philanthropist Najim gifts $3M to UTSA for new career advancement center San Antonio Business Journal
LIST: Black-owned businesses in San Antonio - KSAT San Antonio
LIST: Black-owned businesses in San Antonio KSAT San Antonio
Fish City Grill sets opening date for new SA location - San Antonio Business Journal
Fish City Grill sets opening date for new SA location San Antonio Business Journal
- PHOTOS: San Antonio's most wanted fugitives - WOAI
San Antonio 13-year-old named one of nation’s top STEM students - KSAT San Antonio
San Antonio 13-year-old named one of nation’s top STEM students KSAT San Antonio
Luby's liquidation plan creates future real estate opportunities across San Antonio - San Antonio Business Journal
Luby's liquidation plan creates future real estate opportunities across San Antonio San Antonio Business Journal
Exclusive: Restaurant real estate pro says buyers are 'waiting for the roadkill' - San Antonio Business Journal
Exclusive: Restaurant real estate pro says buyers are 'waiting for the roadkill' San Antonio Business Journal
- Austin-based seafood eatery snaps up former Tacos and Tequila space near San Antonio's Pearl - San Antonio Current
FAQ: Voting in Bexar County - San Antonio Express-News
FAQ: Voting in Bexar County San Antonio Express-News
- 'My time was technically up': San Antonio man survives strep throat infection that spread to heart - mySanAntonio.com
The first mass timber mid-rise building in Texas is now complete - KSAT San Antonio
The first mass timber mid-rise building in Texas is now complete KSAT San Antonio
- Here's what is reopening in San Antonio during 'Phase 3' after months of COVID-19 closures - mySanAntonio.com
- Study: San Antonio residents can afford to own their own homes faster than all but two major cities - mySA
- BCSO IDs the two men who died Monday in Bexar County jail - mySA
Lotto Texas jackpot grows to third largest in the world - KSAT San Antonio
Lotto Texas jackpot grows to third largest in the world KSAT San Antonio
- San Antonio's Leading Local News: Weather, Traffic, Sports and more | San Antonio, Texas | KENS5.com | kens5.com - KENS5.com
- Skyline: Organization looking to redevelop the West Side’s Basila Frocks building - mySA
- Alamo Cenotaph to stay put — at least for now. Texas Historical Commission votes not to permit relocating the monument - San Antonio Express-News
Founder of San Antonio’s Grunt Style, military-themed clothing brand, says he was ousted - San Antonio Express-News
Founder of San Antonio’s Grunt Style, military-themed clothing brand, says he was ousted San Antonio Express-News
High-speed Texas rail gets feds’ approval; San Antonio not included, but some see opportunity - San Antonio Express-News
High-speed Texas rail gets feds’ approval; San Antonio not included, but some see opportunity San Antonio Express-News
- Bexar County Jail records second inmate death in one day - mySA
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg High School? Northside ISD set to decide new high school name - WOAI
- Crucial decision regarding Alamo Cenotaph to come Tuesday - WOAI
- San Antonio announces reopening of parks, facilities as virus indicators show lowest risk level of transmission - KSAT San Antonio
UTSA Receives $3M To Expand Internship, Research Opportunities For Students - Texas Public Radio
UTSA Receives $3M To Expand Internship, Research Opportunities For Students Texas Public Radio
- San Antonio Native Makes it His Mission to Preserve Tejano Culture - Spectrum News
COVID-19: San Antonio Reopens Park Amenities, Courts, Other Facilities With Limits - Local Community News - San Antonio, Texas
COVID-19: San Antonio Reopens Park Amenities, Courts, Other Facilities With Limits Local Community News - San Antonio, Texas
- How San Antonio's museums are surviving during the coronavirus pandemic - KENS5.com
- North East ISD initiates phase two as students head back to class - WOAI
Pabst Brewing moving headquarters to downtown San Antonio - San Antonio Business Journal
Pabst Brewing moving headquarters to downtown San Antonio San Antonio Business Journal
- Virginia woman sues San Antonio’s USAA Bank for calling her at least 130 times to collect overdue bill - San Antonio Express-News
What to do in San Antonio Today: Sept. 22 - San Antonio Magazine
What to do in San Antonio Today: Sept. 22 San Antonio Magazine
- ‘Rosario’s coming’ to former El Mirador site in San Antonio’s Southtown, says banner - mySA
More than 100,000 voters have registered in Bexar County since 2016 - KSAT San Antonio
More than 100,000 voters have registered in Bexar County since 2016 KSAT San Antonio
San Antonio chef dishes about new oyster bar opening in Southtown this fall - San Antonio Current
San Antonio chef dishes about new oyster bar opening in Southtown this fall San Antonio Current
- San Antonio man survives strep throat infection that spread to heart, caused organ failure - FOX 29
- A new demography course at UTSA tracks the pandemic's impact on local and global population - San Antonio Current
- San Antonio company saluted in ranking of best employers for grads - culturemap.com
San Antonio artist Jose Villalobos receives Tanne Foundation Award - San Antonio Current
San Antonio artist Jose Villalobos receives Tanne Foundation Award San Antonio Current
- Fredericksburg battles Boerne in the 2020 debut of Thursday Night Lights - WOAI
- Kallison Ranch Expands with New Builds by Perry Homes - mySA
- 'Queer Eye' star Jonathan Van Ness hosted former San Antonio mayor Julián Castro on his podcast - mySA
- Gov. Abbott issues Disaster Declaration for 29 Texas counties, including Bexar County - WOAI
- San Antonio-area Stripes stores release commemorative Selena cups, special Slurpee flavor - San Antonio Current
- How long it takes to become a homeowner in San Antonio might surprise you - culturemap.com
Man found dead in Helotes home, police say - KSAT San Antonio
Man found dead in Helotes home, police say KSAT San Antonio
What to do in San Antonio Today: Sept. 21 - San Antonio Magazine
What to do in San Antonio Today: Sept. 21 San Antonio Magazine
No valid food permit leads to low score at North Side taco place - KSAT San Antonio
No valid food permit leads to low score at North Side taco place KSAT San Antonio
- 2020 Census deadline approaching, city urgently encouraging residents to fill it out - FOX 29
Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital of San Antonio ranks among nation's best - The Killeen Daily Herald
Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital of San Antonio ranks among nation's best The Killeen Daily Herald
Things to do, see in San Antonio for a socially distanced Halloween - KSAT San Antonio
Things to do, see in San Antonio for a socially distanced Halloween KSAT San Antonio
‘It’s sunshine’ at San Antonio’s Edgewood ISD as adults with disabilities return to school - San Antonio Express-News
‘It’s sunshine’ at San Antonio’s Edgewood ISD as adults with disabilities return to school San Antonio Express-News
Leon Valley council members, with election weeks away, put another colleague on hot seat - San Antonio Express-News
Leon Valley council members, with election weeks away, put another colleague on hot seat San Antonio Express-News
- Human skeletal remains found in burnt out stolen vehicle on the far west side, SAPD says - KENS5.com
- Barry Perez of Northside ISD says district will begin learning module changes - FOX 29
- Briscoe Middle School's Zoom meeting hacked with profane, derogatory comments - WOAI