Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Stair Lifts For Seniors Mico, Texas
Supposing that you have been residing in your house the majority of your life or if you have just moved into a new house in Mico, after that you probably plan to stay here, especially if you are near your friends and colleagues as well as relatives. Base on a research by AARP, even as they get older, approximately 90% of elderly people choose to stay in their homes. However, this is actually never as easy as it sounds and with physical well-being deteriorating as one grows older, it becomes increasingly more hard for senior citizens to continue on their own, particularly if you have stairs in your home that you need to navigate everyday.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Stairs may be just one of the most difficult and unsafe locations in your house. Luckily, there are actually methods that can enable your loved one or you to stay at home and also be actually independent for longer and a stair lift could be an excellent advantage for people experiencing movement concerns, those using a wheel rollator or individuals in a wheelchair.
10 out of
What essentially is a stair lift? A stair lift is a simple tool that can assist you to become mobile as well as it brings you up and down the staircases, enabling you to move about in your home easily as well as engage in activities that you would most likely be not capable to perform otherwise.
A stair lift is in a nutshell a mechanical seat that assists to raise you down and up the stairs. A track or rail is commonly mounted to the stairway treads and a chair or a hauling platform is attached to the track. You are able to get on the chair or the platform and also the chair moves along the track enabling you ride up and down the stairs. You also have versions wherein you can use your wheelchair on the stair lift and also these are referred to as platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are actually a significant assistance to the elderly people and individuals with mobility issues who find it a difficulty to move down and up the stairs in their house. Having a stair lift at home can easily have a great deal of perks:
- Offers Freedom Independent Living
When mobility as well as getting around a house with stairs becomes a concern for elderly people and also individuals with disabilities, they are actually usually dealt with the option of moving. However, by having a stair lift, you can easily continue to be at home. A stair lift can allow you complete independence to move around in your house and also go up and down the stairs quite effortlessly and also obstacle-free.
A stair lift offers automated passage up and down the staircases. The seat of the stair lift features a seat belt that makes certain that you are safe when the stair lift is in progress. Today, a lot of stair lifts have built-in safety measure features that will certainly prevent its operation in the event it encounters an obstruction on the stairs or even if any kind of component of the stair lift such as the chair, armrests or even foot rest is not in its proper setting. The stair lifts in addition are geared up with a protection fixture that protects against any unexpected use or even little ones from using the chair.
Normally, the seat of the stair lift has a modifiable as well as padded seat as well as armrests that offer max comfort. You can also change the footrest according to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
Most stair lifts feature relatively slim profiles as well as do not block the whole staircase, which is openly reachable. Normally, the chair, in addition to the foot rest are foldable so that it is not an obstacle for family as well as other individuals would like to use the stairs.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are incredibly easy to use as well as control. The majority of stair lifts have a button positioned on the armrest of the chair that permits you to manage it. These days, numerous stair lift styles are actually geared up alongside a remote that allows you to control it really simply and gets the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the staircases as required. When the stair lift is in the lock position, it charges, to ensure that you are able to use it whenever you want to and also in the event there is a power disconnection, the stair lift often has an inbuilt battery back up that permits you to operate it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in Mico?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are mostly used by and also are a good support for:
- Growing old in place senior citizens
- People having walking and also movability disorders. those using a walker or in a wheelchair
- Persons with a health problem
- Individuals having a sports injury
- Persons with balance issues
- Those with leg and back conditions
Types of Stair Lifts
There are different forms of stair lifts like:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your house features a straight staircase, then a stair lift that operates on a straight track or rail is usually the most popular type of stair lift. These oftentimes feature drop-down or perhaps set chairs that are simply affixed. The installation of a stair lift in a straight stairs can come to be an issue if the stairs are way too thin. If your stairs is primarily straight yet it contains a curve up on top, then you can choose a straight stair lift and also a joining system that helps the lift to come to the landing better. Generally, straight stair lifts are the least expensive as well as easiest to setup.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
In case that your stairs are curved, then you should set up a curved stair lift. These are actually a lot more complicated compared to straight stair lifts and they involve rounded trackways to accommodate the exact form of the stairs. Often, curved stair lifts are actually even more pricey.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is particularly rather narrow and it will certainly not accommodate a seated stair lift, then a standing stair lift is ideal. However, you have to make certain that you have ample headroom in the stairs plusthat it is high enough to accommodate you when you are standing up. Standing stair lifts are especially beneficial for individuals having problems flexing their knees. Some standing stair lift models also offer a slight ledge that helps you to keep your balance. Even so, standing stair lift may not be appropriate for everybody, particularly if you don’t have the sturdiness to stand for a few mins or you are simply prone to getting lightheaded.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These forms of stair lifts are normally put in outside on stairs that take you to your main door or on stairs leading to your back yard or even patio. Outside stair lifts are basically the same as straight or curved stair lifts that are used inside; however, these are normally made using weather-proof components.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in Mico, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Medina County
Stair lifts are extremely individualized and tailored in line with your requirements and the kind of staircases on your property, therefore the prices vary drastically. Even so, the expense of base equipments starts from around $3,000-$5,000. And also, there are several details that influence this base pricing including the length of the rail needed, if the staircase is curved, a motor upgrade, seating upgrade, folding chair as well as foot pedal, swivel seat and also kind of energy.
Address: Mico, TX 78056, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
Mico is an unincorporated community in northeastern Medina County, Texas, United States , approximately 40 miles (64 km) west of Downtown San Antonio off Farm to Market Road 1283. The community is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). Its zip code is 78056.
The Medina Irrigation Company (MICO) originally built much of the community as a workers camp, to house the approximately 1500 Mexican laborers (and their families) who constructed Medina Dam. It was the fourth largest dam in the United States at its completion in 1913. The dam has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The dam created Lake Medina, a reservoir to supply water for irrigation of an estimated 60,000 acres (240 km2). The company was founded by Dr. Frederick Stark Pearson, an engineer and developer who designed the dam and raised private project funding, chiefly by the sale of subscriptions to British investors. The outbreak of World War I cut off the flow of capital for sale of farmland dependent on the project. Pearson's company went into receivership in 1914 and was sold finally at public auction in 1924. Today the dam and lake are operated by a local water authority.
Mico - Latest - Google News Google News
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Viagran Extends A Helping Hand For Convoy Of Hope Event - Patch.com
- San Antonio father and son arrested for defrauding investors, federal officials say - KSAT San Antonio
- Did Dr. Martin Luther King Jr visit this San Antonio home? There may be pictorial proof - KENS5.com
- San Antonio health care workers prepare for first rounds of COVID-19 vaccines - KSAT San Antonio
- Giving Tuesday: Become 'Fiesta Famous' with the San Antonio Humane Society - KENS5.com
Judges divided on extension of jury trial moratorium in Bexar County - KSAT San Antonio
Judges divided on extension of jury trial moratorium in Bexar County KSAT San Antonio
- Coronavirus update San Antonio, Dec. 1: Leaders report 452 new COVID-19 cases, 5 new virus-related deaths - KSAT San Antonio
- Tamales kits available starting Friday at Mi Tierra + Mi Familia at The Rim - KSAT San Antonio
Blood bank officials say local supply is down to three days of use - KSAT San Antonio
Blood bank officials say local supply is down to three days of use KSAT San Antonio
- Devils River, San Antonio's newest distillery, to open with rooftop venue and tasting room in January - San Antonio Current
Rare South Texas ranch shoots onto market for $7.9 million - culturemap.com
Rare South Texas ranch shoots onto market for $7.9 million culturemap.com
- GREAT DAY SA: Manrique Custom Vision helps you see in 2020 - KENS5.com
- GREAT DAY SA: Methodist Hospital l Specialty and Transplant talks about their donor kidney transplant program - KENS5.com
- San Antonio's Leading Local News: Weather, Traffic, Sports and more | San Antonio, Texas | KENS5.com | kens5.com - KENS5.com
- Investor alleges San Antonio-based Chacho’s restaurant ownership engaged in ‘massive fraud’ - mySA
Cajun seafood restaurant to open second SA location in Live Oak - San Antonio Business Journal
Cajun seafood restaurant to open second SA location in Live Oak San Antonio Business Journal
- Northside ISD teachers union demands that district follows Metro Health directive for schools - KSAT San Antonio
- ACS says residents who leave pets out in cold could face fines of $300 or more - KSAT San Antonio
- 9 events in the San Antonio area that will make you feel like you're at the North Pole - mySanAntonio.com
The barred owls common around San Antonio are a real hoot - San Antonio Express-News
The barred owls common around San Antonio are a real hoot San Antonio Express-News
- Angry messages, some threats followed San Antonio’s hate speech resolution, records show - KSAT San Antonio
- NWS: It was cold overnight in San Antonio, but not record-breaking - mySA
- City of San Antonio Invites Residents To Attend SA Climate Ready Forum On Friday, Dec. 4 - Patch.com
- Laredo toddler dies in San Antonio car crash - mySA
- San Antonio public health officials issue recommendations against indoor dining and gatherings - San Antonio Current
Pandemic Learning in San Antonio - San Antonio Magazine
Pandemic Learning in San Antonio San Antonio Magazine
- San Antonio's Leading Local News: Weather, Traffic, Sports and more | San Antonio, Texas | KENS5.com - KENS5.com
Multiple San Antonio attractions nominated for national 'best' list - mySanAntonio.com
Multiple San Antonio attractions nominated for national 'best' list mySanAntonio.com
- Ayala: San Antonio family grapples with memories of a South Texas ranch, a land grant and border killings - San Antonio Express-News
- Pedestrian who was walking in the middle of a street on San Antonio's Southside is hit by a pickup - 550 KTSA
Some Getting Flu Shots for First Time - Spectrum News
Some Getting Flu Shots for First Time Spectrum News
- San Antonio's Double Decker Buses Still Driving Despite Few Passengers - Spectrum News
San Antonio letter carrier’s retirement cheered by neighbors who were ‘more than addresses’ - San Antonio Express-News
San Antonio letter carrier’s retirement cheered by neighbors who were ‘more than addresses’ San Antonio Express-News
- San Pedro Branch Library To Close For Renovations - Patch.com
- City Of San Antonio Seeks Applicants For VIA Metropolitan Transit Authority Board Of Trustees - Patch.com
Bexar County seeks to resolve issue of garbage in unincorporated neighborhoods - San Antonio Express-News
Bexar County seeks to resolve issue of garbage in unincorporated neighborhoods San Antonio Express-News
Community leader’s roles helped boost San Antonio’s economy - San Antonio Business Journal
Community leader’s roles helped boost San Antonio’s economy San Antonio Business Journal
- 12-year-old Northeast Bexar County girl missing - 550 KTSA
IDEA campuses represent San Antonio on Children at Risk’s list of ‘pandemic proof’ schools - San Antonio Express-News
IDEA campuses represent San Antonio on Children at Risk’s list of ‘pandemic proof’ schools San Antonio Express-News
- CPS Energy has a warning for San Antonio families during the winter months - WOAI
- Future doctors, nurses to confront pandemic that awaits them after graduation - KSAT San Antonio
6 Ways to Celebrate the Holidays in San Antonio - San Antonio Magazine
6 Ways to Celebrate the Holidays in San Antonio San Antonio Magazine
- Sangria on the Burg: A pumpkin-spiced surprise | Texas A&M University-San Antonio | TAMUSA - The Mesquite
Pearl developer Silver Ventures wants to build apartment complex across river - San Antonio Express-News
Pearl developer Silver Ventures wants to build apartment complex across river San Antonio Express-News
- SAWS crews test for ammonia after sewer spill flows into San Antonio River - mySA
review Fish City Grill Culebra | - flicksandfood.com
review Fish City Grill Culebra | flicksandfood.com
5 holiday gifts that make San Antonio a better place - mySanAntonio.com
5 holiday gifts that make San Antonio a better place mySanAntonio.com
- Have you seen this girl? She disappeared last week from Northeast Bexar County - KSAT San Antonio
The Best Seafood in NW San Antonio - Fish City Grill | - flicksandfood.com
The Best Seafood in NW San Antonio - Fish City Grill | flicksandfood.com
Comfort Café Offers Support With a Purpose - San Antonio Magazine
Comfort Café Offers Support With a Purpose San Antonio Magazine
- HCaP mourns loss of Department of Demography's Gidget Vasquez - UTSA Today
Dropouts get second chance at success with 100 Black Men of San Antonio pre-apprentice program - San Antonio Express-News
Dropouts get second chance at success with 100 Black Men of San Antonio pre-apprentice program San Antonio Express-News
SA Antonian tops largest private schools on Texas hoops list - San Antonio Express-News
SA Antonian tops largest private schools on Texas hoops list San Antonio Express-News
- Food & Wine declares 2 San Antonio-area butcher shops a cut above the rest - culturemap.com
- San Antonio Botanical Garden offering a cozy night under the moonlight with holidays flicks - mySA
- Mexican steakhouse Bovino's Churrascaria opening first U.S. location in San Antonio next month - San Antonio Current
- New bar with unobstructed downtown San Antonio skyline views now open at Smoke BBQ + Skybar - mySA
- San Antonio Tamale Festival will take place for free this weekend on the East Side - mySA
San Antonio-born Megan Thee Stallion disowns the Alamo City in GQ interview - San Antonio Current
San Antonio-born Megan Thee Stallion disowns the Alamo City in GQ interview San Antonio Current
- Owner of struggling Nestle Toll House Cafe thanks San Antonio for saving business - mySA
- San Antonio Indian nurses to donate over 1000 blankets to homeless shelters, non-profits - WOAI
102 of San Antonio's Top Mortgage Professionals - San Antonio Magazine
102 of San Antonio's Top Mortgage Professionals San Antonio Magazine
- San Antonio's first self-serve taproom The Dooryard to hold grand opening this weekend - San Antonio Current
- Gas prices continue to lower in San Antonio, cheaper than neighboring cities! - WOAI
- Champion High School student athletic trainers deliver meals to first responders - WOAI
- In coronavirus era, San Antonio couple adopts sons in virtual ceremony but it's still heart-warming - Laredo Morning Times
- Power restored after San Antonio Police cruiser crashes into utility pole - FOX 29
- Sewer spill reported on San Antonio's Southside - 550 KTSA
- Owner of SA's only Nestle Toll House Cafe says it's here to stay after receiving overwhelming public support - KSAT San Antonio
- Two inmates who died at Bexar County jail this week identified - KENS5.com