Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Stair Lifts For Seniors Port Aransas, Texas
If you have been staying in your home a lot of your life or even if you have plainly relocated to a brand-new home in Port Aransas, then you certainly plan to remain here, particularly if you are near your good friends and loved ones. According to a research via AARP, even as they grow older, approximately 90% of elderly people would like to remain in their houses. However this is actually not as simple as it sounds and along with physical health declining when one gets older, it becomes increasingly difficult for seniors to stay on their own, primarily if you have stairs in your house that you need to get around everyday.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Staircases may be one of uppermost hard and also unsafe locations in your house. Luckily, there are actually methods that can certainly allow your loved one or you to remain at home as well as be actually self-sufficient for longer as well as a stair lift could be a very good advantage for individuals having mobility issues, those using a walker or people in a wheelchair.
7 out of
So, what actually is a stair lift? A stair lift is an useful tool that can easily help you to be mobile and it brings you up and down the staircases, allowing you to move around in your place conveniently and also do things that you would certainly be unable to undertake otherwise.
A stair lift is in a nutshell a mechanized chair that assists to elevate you down and up the stairs. A track or rail is normally installed to the staircase treads as well as a seat or a hauling system is attached to the track. You can easily get onto the chair or the platform as well as the chair slides along the track allowing you get up and down the stairs. You additionally have designs wherein you can easily use your wheelchair on the stair lift and these are called platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are a big support to the seniors and also persons by having mobility issues that find it a challenge to move down and up the stairs in their home. Having a stair lift in your home can easily have a great deal of advantages:
When mobility and getting around a house with staircases ends up being a trouble for seniors and individuals with disabilities, they are actually often confronted with the choice of moving. However, using a stair lift, you can continue to be at home. A stair lift can give you complete freedom to move around in your house as well as move up and down the stairs really effortlessly and also obstacle-free.
A stair lift offers automated passage down and up the staircases. The chair of the stair lift features a seat belt that makes certain that you are actually secure when the stair lift is in motion. Today, a lot of stair lifts have integrated safety functions that will certainly avoid its use in case it encounters an obstruction on the stairs or if any type of aspect of the stair lift such as the chair, armrests or even foot rest is not in its proper position. The stair lifts in addition are geared up alongside a protection lock that protects against any kind of unexpected use or little ones coming from operating the chair.
Generally, the seat of the stair lift features a modifiable and also padded seating as well as armrests that offer optimal support. You can additionally change the foot rest according to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
Many stair lifts feature quite slim profiles as well as do not take up the total staircase, which is easily attainable. Typically, the chair, and also the footrest are collapsible to ensure it is not an obstacle for family members as well as other individuals wanting to use the stairs.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are incredibly easy to use and manage. Most stair lifts have a toggle switch situated on the armrest of the chair that permits you to manage it. Now a days, several stair lift models are installed with a remote that allows you to control it quite simply and moves the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the staircases as needed. When the stair lift is in the park stance, it recharges, to ensure that you can easily make use of it whenever you need to and also in the event that there is a electricity disconnection, the stair lift often has an built-in battery back up that permits you to handle it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in Port Aransas?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are largely used by and are a great help for:
- Growing old in place elderly people
- Individuals having walking and movement disorders. those using a wheel rollator or in a wheelchair
- Individuals with a health issue
- Individuals having a sports injury
- Persons with balance issues
- Those with knee and also back issues
Types of Stair Lifts
There are various kinds of stair lifts including:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your home has a straight staircase, then a stair lift which operates on a straight path or rail is usually one of the most common type of stair lift. These also provide drop-down or perhaps fixed chairs that are attached. The installation of a stair lift for a straight stairs might end up being an issue if the staircases are far too tight. In case your staircase is primarily straight but it contains an arc at the top, then you can easily pick a straight stair lift along with a joining platform that serves to help the lift to get to the landing more effectively. Usually, straight stair lifts are the least costly and easiest to install.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
In case that your staircases are actually curved, then you need to set up a curved stair lift. These are actually far more complex compared to straight stair lifts and also they require rounded trackways to fit the exact shape of the stairs. Usually, curved stair lifts are actually far more pricey.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is especially considerably narrow and it will certainly not accommodate a chair stair lift, then a standing stair lift is generally ideal. On the other hand, you have to make certain that you have ample space in the staircase plusthat it is elevated enough to accommodate you when you’re standing. Standing stair lifts are especially advantageous for persons experiencing challenges moving their knees. Some standing stair lift models similarly offer a slight ledge that allows you to hold on to your balance. Having said that, standing stair lift may not be suited for everyone, particularly if you don’t have the strength to stand for a several minutes or you are predisposed to getting dizzy.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These forms of stair lifts are generally put in outside on staircases that lead to your main door or on steps leading to your yard or patio. Exterior stair lifts are essentially similar to straight or curved stair lifts that are used inside your home; but, these are commonly made from weather-proof building materials.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in Port Aransas, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Nueces County
Stair lifts are extremely individualized and tailored in line with your needs and the kind of stairs in your residence, and so the costs vary considerably. Even so, the expense of base systems begins with around $3,000-$5,000. And, there are a number of details that influence this base pricing such as the size of the trackway involved, if the staircase is bent, a motor upgrade, seat upgrade, folding chair and foot pedal, swivel seat as well as kind of electrical power.
Address: Port Aransas, TX 78373, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
Port Aransas, Texas
Port Aransas (/əˈrænzəs/ ə-RAN-zəs) is a city in Nueces County, Texas, United States. This city is 180 miles southeast of San Antonio. The population was 3,480 at the 2010 census. Port Aransas is the only established town on Mustang Island. It is located north of Padre Island and is one of the longest barrier islands along the Texas coast. Corpus Christi Bay, the Gulf of Mexico, the Lydia Ann Ship Channel and the Corpus Christi Ship Channel make up the surrounding waters.
Karankawa Indians played a key role in the early development of the Texas Gulf Coast. The Karankawa Indians inhabited the Gulf Coast of Texas from Galveston Bay all the way to Corpus Christi Bay. The Karankawa Indians led a nomadic existence, migrating from the mainland to the coast. One of the places they lived in on the coast was a small fishing village known as "Sand Point" on what Europeans called "Wild Horse Island", later known as "Mustang Island".
They were living that nomadic existence when Spaniards, led by Alonso Álvarez de Pineda, probed the coast in 1519. Governor Francisco de Garay of Jamaica had commissioned him to explore the Gulf Coast from Florida to Vera Cruz. In the summer of 1519, Piñeda, took a fleet of four ships east to west around the Gulf Coast exploring and mapping five passes along the Texas Coast line, including what is known today as Aransas Pass.
Port Aransas - Latest - Google News Google News
- #TBT: Corpus Christi's electric service began in 1890 - Caller Times
- Concerts, events held in Corpus Christi in December 2023 - Caller Times
TAMU-CC students give back to the community on Giving Tuesday - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
TAMU-CC students give back to the community on Giving Tuesday KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
- H-E-B Christmas Tree Lighting & the Illuminated Boat Parade to bring holiday cheer to downtown Corpus Christi Saturday - KIIITV.com
- All aboard: 'The Polar Express' on the USS Lexington - KIIITV.com
- Spend the holidays at your local movie theater with these films - Caller Times
- Local dentist to perform free tooth extractions Wednesday morning in spirit of community, giving - KIIITV.com
- Improvements coming to Hans and Pat Suter Wildlife Refuge thanks to estuaries program grant - KIIITV.com
- Questions arise over Corpus Christi City Council's selection of new library board members - KIIITV.com
- CCPD kicks off Shop with a Cop with Flour Bluff Students - KIIITV.com
- New agreement could save Spohn ER residency program - KIIITV.com
Shop with a Cop kicks off in Flour Bluff - KIIITV.com
Shop with a Cop kicks off in Flour Bluff KIIITV.com
Woodlawn Elementary building demolished - KIIITV.com
Woodlawn Elementary building demolished KIIITV.com
- New Harbor Bridge construction has progressed up to the main span - KIIITV.com
Wrapping for Warriors - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Wrapping for Warriors KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Del Mar College's Advanced Digital Photography students display work during exhibit - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Del Mar College's Advanced Digital Photography students display work during exhibit KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
- City council approves upgrades to McArdle and Airline Rd. intersection Tuesday - KIIITV.com
- Flour Bluff and Glenoak Drive intersection reopens - KIIITV.com
Project 'Fire Fly' at Gabe Lozano Golf Center still on hold - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Project 'Fire Fly' at Gabe Lozano Golf Center still on hold KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Port Aransas taking steps towards coyote education, action plan - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Port Aransas taking steps towards coyote education, action plan KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi City Council to discuss significant street rebuild contracts - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi City Council to discuss significant street rebuild contracts KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Harbor Bridge Project closures will affect northbound and southbound lanes of South Interchange - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Harbor Bridge Project closures will affect northbound and southbound lanes of South Interchange KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
A New World of Creative Cocktails at The Mariner - The Bend Magazine
A New World of Creative Cocktails at The Mariner The Bend Magazine
Fine Wine and Elegant Bites at Fork & Vines - The Bend Magazine
Fine Wine and Elegant Bites at Fork & Vines The Bend Magazine
A Mid-Century Modern Corpus Christi Home of Living History - The Bend Magazine
A Mid-Century Modern Corpus Christi Home of Living History The Bend Magazine
Finders Keepers Classics puts Passion in Overdrive - The Bend Magazine
Finders Keepers Classics puts Passion in Overdrive The Bend Magazine
Holiday Giving in the Coastal Bend - The Bend Magazine
Holiday Giving in the Coastal Bend The Bend Magazine
Music Therapy Creates Music Magic - The Bend Magazine
Music Therapy Creates Music Magic The Bend Magazine
- Beach re-nourishment project begins on Padre Island - KIIITV.com
- Second Taco Palenque location opens at La Palmera - KIIITV.com
- Mission 911 looks to the future with new facility, set to open next year - KIIITV.com
- Island residents upset by illegally disposed duck remains washing up in canals - KIIITV.com
- Mission 911 financial literacy class helps people budget as holidays roll around - KIIITV.com
- Stolen car chase leads numerous law enforcement agencies on multi-county pursuit - KIIITV.com
Some lanes on JFK bridge to close at night - South Jetty
Some lanes on JFK bridge to close at night South Jetty
10th Annual Veterans Christmas Tree Giveaway - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
10th Annual Veterans Christmas Tree Giveaway KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
- Police investigate conflicting stories in alleged Thanksgiving night road rage shooting - KIIITV.com
Pet of the Week: Nugget - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Pet of the Week: Nugget KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Ingleside water main construction requires temporary water boil - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Ingleside water main construction requires temporary water boil KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
- Here's why downtown Corpus Christi may look better in coming months - Caller Times
- Mayor's Merriest Décor Contest returns to downtown Corpus Christi - Caller Times
- Peppermint Lane Holiday Market returns to Downtown Corpus Christi - KIIITV.com
- Santa under the Sea| Texas State Aquarium offers unique Christmas photo op with the man in red - KIIITV.com
- Parts of Carroll Lane will be closed starting Monday - KIIITV.com
Salvation Army Angel Tree Program kicks off - KIIITV.com
Salvation Army Angel Tree Program kicks off KIIITV.com
- 'Christmas in Aransas Pass' brings holiday cheer and shopping in time for Small Business Saturday - KIIITV.com
- It takes a village: Residents transform Corpus Christi neighborhood into Candy Cane Lane - KIIITV.com
Fun Friday: What's going on this weekend in Corpus Christi and surrounding areas? - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Fun Friday: What's going on this weekend in Corpus Christi and surrounding areas? KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Ingleside Animal Shelter celebrates new beginnings - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Ingleside Animal Shelter celebrates new beginnings KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
- Port Aransas' Turkey Trot large participation, supports local childcare programs - KIIITV.com
Donations way down in local Toy Roundup - South Jetty
Donations way down in local Toy Roundup South Jetty
- Dallas Cowboys makes Port Aransas official vacation spot - mySA
Iconic Port Aransas hotel in danger of losing its history - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Iconic Port Aransas hotel in danger of losing its history KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
New Yorkers leave life behind to volunteer in Port Aransas - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
New Yorkers leave life behind to volunteer in Port Aransas KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Port Aransas community comes together in support of one diabetic resident - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Port Aransas community comes together in support of one diabetic resident KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Work begins on Spoonbill development - South Jetty
Work begins on Spoonbill development South Jetty
Arrival of winter Texans keeps Port Aransas businesses thriving - KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
Arrival of winter Texans keeps Port Aransas businesses thriving KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
- American Flamingos spotted in Port Aransas for first time - mySA
- Port Aransas Police Department adopts mental health leave policy for 911 operators - KIIITV.com
- Port Aransas skydivers offering two jumps during solar eclipse - Chron
- Halloween events planned in Port A for kids and adults - South Jetty
- Port Aransas Police Department's non-emergency line down - South Jetty
Activities planned for annular eclipse Oct.14 - South Jetty
Activities planned for annular eclipse Oct.14 South Jetty
2-foot alligator spotted at Mustang Island State Park - KSAT San Antonio
2-foot alligator spotted at Mustang Island State Park KSAT San Antonio
- Public Safety Building project breaks ground Oct. 13 in Port Aransas - Caller Times
- Port Royal leaders have collected millions in Hurricane Harvey claims. So why is it still an eyesore? - KIIITV.com
- Labor Day weekend could attract nearly 20K visitors to Port Aransas, tourism experts say - KIIITV.com
- This Gulf Coast beach town is the most popular travel destination in Texas, says Airbnb - Houston Chronicle
- Whale Sharks Near Texas? A Rare Sighting Thrills Anglers and Scientists - Texas Monthly
A rare sight in Texas: Badger spotted digging along beach - Houston Chronicle
A rare sight in Texas: Badger spotted digging along beach Houston Chronicle