Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Stair Lifts and The Benefits For Seniors Port Neches, Texas
Supposing that you have been living in your household a lot of your life or if you have plainly moved into a brand-new residence in Port Neches, after that you probably plan to continue to be here, primarily if you are near your close friends and also family members. According to a research by AARP, even as they get older, around 90% of seniors wish to stay in their houses. Still, this is never as simple as it appears and along with physical health decreasing just as one grows older, it ends up being increasingly hard for senior citizens to stay independently, especially if you have stairs in your house that you may need to go up on a daily basis.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Stairs could be among the most hard as well as unsafe areas in your house. Fortunately, there are actually methods that can easily allow your loved one or you to remain at home as well as be actually independent for longer as well as a stair lift could be a very good help for people having movement problems, those using a walker or people in a wheelchair.
9 out of
And so, what is a stair lift? A stair lift is a practical piece of equipment that can easily help you to be mobile and also it brings you up and down the stairs, permitting you to move about in your place conveniently and engage in activities that you would certainly be unable to perform normally.
A stair lift is essentially a mechanical seat that assists to elevate you up and down the staircases. A track or rail is normally positioned to the staircase treads and also a seat or a hauling platform is affixed to the track. You can get on the chair or the platform as well as the chair moves along the track assisting you get up and down the stairs. You similarly have versions where you can use your wheelchair on the stair lift and also these are referred to as platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are actually a big help to the senior citizens and also people with movement problems who believe it a demanding task to move up and down the stairs in their home. Getting a stair lift in your home can have a ton of perks:
- Offers Freedom Independent Living
When mobility as well as getting around a home along with staircases ends up being a concern for senior citizens and people with disabilities, they are frequently faced with the possibility of relocating. However, with a stair lift, you can easily stay in your home. A stair lift can easily allow you independence to move around in your home and also move up and down the stairs really simply and obstacle-free.
A stair lift provides automated transport up and down the stairs. The chair of the stair lift offers a safety belt that makes certain that you are protected when the stair lift is in action. Today, many stair lifts have integrated safety attributes that are going to avoid its operation in case it experiences an obstruction on the staircases or if any kind of portion of the stair lift i.e. the seat, armrests or even footrest is not in its proper setting. The stair lifts also are equipped alongside a protection lock that prevents any sort of accidental use or little ones from using the chair.
Usually, the seat of the stair lift has a changeable and also cushioned seating as well as armrests that offer optimal support. You can also calibrate the foot rest depending on to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
The majority of stair lifts have relatively slim profiles as well as do not take up the whole staircase, which is freely attainable. Generally, the chair, along with the footrest are collapsible so that it is not an obstacle for family as well as other individuals would like to use the stairs.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are quite simple to use and handle. A lot of stair lifts have a button positioned on the armrest of the chair that permits you to handle it. These days, numerous stair lift designs are actually outfitted with a remote that allows you to handle it really simply and gets the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the staircases as needed. When the stair lift is in the lock stance, it recharges, to ensure that you are able to make use of it whenever you want to and in the event that there is a electricity outage, the stair lift generally has an built-in battery back-up that enables you to operate it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in Port Neches?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are mostly used by and also are a good support for:
- Aging in place elders
- Individuals having walking and also movability concerns. those using a wheel rollator or in a wheelchair
- Individuals with a health condition
- People having a sports injury
- Persons with balance concerns
- Those with knee and also back conditions
Types of Stair Lifts
There are various sorts of stair lifts including:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your house has straight stairs, then a stair lift which runs along a straight track or rail is normally among the most common kind of stair lift. These oftentimes have drop-down or perhaps fixed chairs that are attached. The installment of a stair lift in a straight staircase might come to be a challenge if the stairs are way too tight. If your staircase is mostly straight but it has a contour up on top, then you can easily opt for a straight stair lift along with a connecting platform that helps the lift to reach the landing better. Typically, straight stair lifts are the least expensive and simplest to setup.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
In case that your stairs are curved, then you should install a curved stair lift. Those are far more complex compared to straight stair lifts and they need rounded tracks to fit the specific form of the staircase. Typically, curved stair lifts are actually even more pricey.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is especially rather slender and it will certainly not go with a seated stair lift, then a standing stair lift is recommended. However, you must ensure that you have adequate space in the stairs ,as well,that it is high enough to fit you when you’re standing. Standing stair lifts are particularly helpful for persons experiencing concerns moving their legs. Some standing stair lift designs similarly come with a small ledge that helps you to keep your balance. However, standing stair lift may not be suited for everybody, specifically if you don’t have the strength to stand up for a couple of mins or you are predisposed to getting light-headed.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These types of stair lifts are commonly set up outside on stairways that go to your front door or on stairs leading to your backyard or patio. Outdoor stair lifts are essentially the same as straight or curved stair lifts that are used indoors; however, these are normally made using weather-proof materials.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in Port Neches, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Jefferson County
Stair lifts are highly personalized and customized according to your requirements and the sort of staircases on your property, and so the prices vary significantly. Even so, the cost of base equipments begins with around $3,000-$5,000. And, there are several variables that influence this base price such as the length of the track needed, if the staircase is actually curved, a motor upgrade, seating upgrade, folding seat and foot pedal, swivel seat and type of power.
Address: Port Neches, TX 77651, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
Port Neches, Texas
Port Neches is a city in Jefferson County, Texas, United States. The population was 13,040 at the 2010 census, down from 13,601 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Beaumont–Port Arthur metropolitan area.
The area known as Port Neches was once inhabited by tribes of the coastal-dwelling Karankawa and Atakapa Native Americans. Smith's Bluff (the future site of Sun Oil and Union Oil of California riverside property) and Grigsby's Bluff (now Port Neches) were the only two high land bluffs on the Neches River south of Beaumont. Before 1780, Grigsby's Bluff, specifically that part of Port Neches immediately east of Port Neches Park, had been a Native American town for at least 1,500 years, at first of the Karankawa tribe, whose 7-foot (2.1 m) skeletons were often found in the burial mounds there; and after 1650 of the Nacazils, a sub-tribe of the Attakapas, who were a short and stocky people before their extinction about 1780. As of 1841, there were six large burial mounds at Grigsby's Bluff, size about 60 feet (18 m) wide, 20 feet (6.1 m) tall, and 100 yards (91 m) long, consisting entirely of clam and sea shells, skeletons, pottery shards, and other Native American artifacts. Between 1841 and 1901, all six of the mounds disappeared, a result of human actions. Grigsby's Bluff became a post office in 1859 (there was also a store and sawmill there), but the office was discontinued in 1893.
Port Neches was the site of Fort Grigsby, a set of Civil War-era defenses intended to stop a Union advance up the Neches River. The fort was constructed in October 1862 and abandoned sometime after July 1863. Its guns, munitions, and stores were moved to the then-unfinished Fort Griffin, the site of the Second Battle of Sabine Pass, often credited as the most one-sided Confederate victory of the American Civil War.
Port Neches - Latest - Google News Google News
- Art Musuem of Southeast Texas host first in-person family arts day since start of pandemic - Beaumont Enterprise
Port Neches-Groves Indians down Kempner, advance in playoffs - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
Port Neches-Groves Indians down Kempner, advance in playoffs - Port Arthur News The Port Arthur News
Mobile vaccine clinic available to Port Arthur ISD students, parents throughout May - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Mobile vaccine clinic available to Port Arthur ISD students, parents throughout May 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
- Port Arthur prioritizing streets, with plans to start repairing 21 streets within a month - KFDM-TV News
- Port Arthur man indicted after chase reaches 127 mph, ends in crash near utilities system - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- City Manager Ron Burton's $79K charge raises questions from Port Arthur City Council - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- Sign of the Times: Port Arthur program designed to highlight city's entryways - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- Port Neches-Groves ISD Dr. Mike Gonzales: Find truth through life's challenges - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- Evading arrest, drug charges lowlight Jefferson County grand jury indictments - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- Port Arthur ISD nearing yearend with possible budget shortfall concern - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- Orange County Sheriff's Office Beat 4.26-5.2.21 - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
- ON THE MENU — Sugar Momma Confections expanding with Nederland location launch - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- A nurse at heart, director Kim Guidry leading Community Retirement Home growth - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- Crash on I-10 E near 838 mile marker in Jefferson County shuts down highway - KFDM-TV News
LSCPA returning loaned White Haven property - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
LSCPA returning loaned White Haven property - Port Arthur News The Port Arthur News
SEE PHOTOS: Port Arthur Stand Down event - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
SEE PHOTOS: Port Arthur Stand Down event - Port Arthur News The Port Arthur News
Port Neches Police Department arrests & responses: May 3-9 - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
Port Neches Police Department arrests & responses: May 3-9 - Port Arthur News The Port Arthur News
- STEPHEN HEMELT — 2nd generation success redefining Port Arthur's stories share - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- Sunday Brunch at Madison's with Caylan Daughrity | Beaumont, TX 77706 - beaumontcvb.com
ExxonMobil offers new six-year deal to United Steelworkers amid lockout - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
ExxonMobil offers new six-year deal to United Steelworkers amid lockout 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Want to decide Beaumont’s next mayor? You need to register to vote. - Beaumont Enterprise
Want to decide Beaumont’s next mayor? You need to register to vote. Beaumont Enterprise
Christus Southeast Texas Health System to relax COVID-19 screening - Beaumont Enterprise
Christus Southeast Texas Health System to relax COVID-19 screening Beaumont Enterprise
- More than half a million dollars in upgrades to transit terminal in Port Arthur - KFDM-TV News
- College dreams thrive despite pandemic for Bridge City graduate - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
Sit down with former BISD Board President Thomas Sigee - Beaumont Enterprise
Sit down with former BISD Board President Thomas Sigee Beaumont Enterprise
The Cards at Madison's on Dowlen | Beaumont, TX 77706 - beaumontcvb.com
The Cards at Madison's on Dowlen | Beaumont, TX 77706 beaumontcvb.com
- Largest ever Lamar Institute of Technology class graduates in first in-person ceremony since spring 2020 - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
- Registration deadline is May 20 for June 19 mayoral runoff - KFDM-TV News
Sabine Pilots unveils new, state-of-the-art Port Arthur facility - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
Sabine Pilots unveils new, state-of-the-art Port Arthur facility - Port Arthur News The Port Arthur News
- Police: Port Arthur man breaks victim's jaw, knocks him unconsciousness during repo fight - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- Port Arthur ISD to offer COVID vaccinations on campus; Port Arthur Health Department vaccinating children - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- MONIQUE BATSON — Port Neches, Groves communities soon to see new walking tracks - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- Bob Bowers Civic Center site of hazardous waste collection Saturday - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
Six Beaumont United band students receive $1.2M in scholarships - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Six Beaumont United band students receive $1.2M in scholarships 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Family, friends remember 6-year-old who died in ATV accident at Tyrrell Park - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Family, friends remember 6-year-old who died in ATV accident at Tyrrell Park 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Port Arthur family receives new air conditioning unit years after flood damage - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Port Arthur family receives new air conditioning unit years after flood damage 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Mistrial declared in case of Beaumont man accused of rape, kidnapping and shooting woman - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Mistrial declared in case of Beaumont man accused of rape, kidnapping and shooting woman 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Beaumont ISD getting creative to fill vacancies after atypical year - Beaumont Enterprise
Beaumont ISD getting creative to fill vacancies after atypical year Beaumont Enterprise
Beaumont announces Sundown Summer Series concert - Beaumont Enterprise
Beaumont announces Sundown Summer Series concert Beaumont Enterprise
Man shot multiple times early Thursday morning in Orange - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Man shot multiple times early Thursday morning in Orange 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Meth Bust In Vidor - kogt.com
Meth Bust In Vidor kogt.com
- Bridge City man and woman arrested for possession - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
- Golden Pass LNG debuts tool for local job seekers - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
Sabine Pilots headquarters opens - Beaumont Enterprise
Sabine Pilots headquarters opens Beaumont Enterprise
- Silvia's Tacos recognized as business of the year following near fatal crash - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- June Badon School of Dance performers contribute superstar efforts - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- Port Arthur ISD is in danger of losing state funding; district working to recoup funding - KFDM-TV News
Beaumont man gets 45 year sentence for setting fire to garage with friend inside - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Beaumont man gets 45 year sentence for setting fire to garage with friend inside 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
New businesses to emerge on land near Jack Brooks Airport - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
New businesses to emerge on land near Jack Brooks Airport 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
- Sabine Pilots to move into new multi-million dollar building - KFDM-TV News
Biking - beaumontcvb.com
Orange County jail escapee in police custody - Beaumont Enterprise
Orange County jail escapee in police custody Beaumont Enterprise
- West Orange swears in new mayor, Orange recognizes ALS month - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
- Orange helps prepare for PA Southeast Texas Veteran's Stand-Down - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
Pinehurst Council Now Complete - kogt.com
Pinehurst Council Now Complete kogt.com
South Texas State Fair | Beaumont, TX 77705 - beaumontcvb.com
South Texas State Fair | Beaumont, TX 77705 beaumontcvb.com
- Mid-County duo talks plans to create housing opportunities in their hometowns - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
PNG baseball goes platinum - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
PNG baseball goes platinum - Port Arthur News The Port Arthur News
Beaumont swears in new city council members at Tuesday ceremony - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Beaumont swears in new city council members at Tuesday ceremony 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Troop 290 Bridge City, Tx celebrate Eagle Scouts - The Record Newspapers - TheRecordLive.com
Troop 290 Bridge City, Tx celebrate Eagle Scouts - The Record Newspapers TheRecordLive.com
Lamar State College Orange breaks record for number of spring graduates - TheRecordLive.com
Lamar State College Orange breaks record for number of spring graduates TheRecordLive.com
Developer details plans for airport land - Beaumont Enterprise
Developer details plans for airport land Beaumont Enterprise
VIDEO: Man hunt underway in Rose City - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
VIDEO: Man hunt underway in Rose City - Orange Leader Orange Leader
Darrell Lynn Pierce, 59, Bridge City - The Record Newspapers - TheRecordLive.com
Darrell Lynn Pierce, 59, Bridge City - The Record Newspapers TheRecordLive.com
Orange Swears In Two Tuesday - kogt.com
Orange Swears In Two Tuesday kogt.com
- Beaumont councilman calls for stricter enforcement after 6-year-old killed in ATV accident at city park - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
BISD offering chance for students to make up lost ground - KBTV Fox 4 Beaumont
BISD offering chance for students to make up lost ground KBTV Fox 4 Beaumont
Slow Food Beaumont brings fresh foods to food deserts - Beaumont Enterprise
Slow Food Beaumont brings fresh foods to food deserts Beaumont Enterprise
Beaumont police investigating weekend death of 6-year-old - Beaumont Enterprise
Beaumont police investigating weekend death of 6-year-old Beaumont Enterprise
Vidor man dies in motorcycle wreck - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
Vidor man dies in motorcycle wreck - Orange Leader Orange Leader