Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Stair Lifts For Seniors Port Arthur, Texas
Assuming that you have been living in your house much of your life or even if you have simply moved to a new household in Port Arthur, after that you certainly want to remain , particularly if you are near your close friends as well as loved ones. According to a study via AARP, even as they age, approximately 90% of senior citizens choose to remain in their homes. But this is never as easy as it sounds and with physical overall health decreasing when one gets older, it ends up being increasingly more complicated for senior citizens to stay on their own, especially if you have stairs at home that you need to go up every day.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Staircases may be one of the most hard as well as treacherous areas in your home. Thankfully, there are methods that can easily enable your family member or you to stay at home as well as be self-supporting for longer and also a stair lift can be a good help for individuals having mobility concerns, those using a walker or individuals in a wheelchair.
10 out of
What actually is a stair lift? A stair lift is a practical piece of equipment that can easily assist you to become mobile as well as it brings you up and down the stairs, allowing you to move around in your home with ease as well as engage in tasks that you would most likely be not able to perform typically.
A stair lift is essentially a mechanical chair that assists to raise you up and down the stairs. A track or rail is commonly positioned to the stair treads and a chair or a hauling system is connected to the track. You can get on the chair or the platform and the chair moves along the track helping you move up and down the stairs. You similarly have designs wherein you can easily use your wheelchair on the stair lift and these are referred to as platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are actually a big support to the seniors and also individuals by having movability issues that find it a demanding task to use the stairs in their house. Having a stair lift at home can easily have a ton of benefits:
When mobility and also moving a house with staircases ends up being a concern for elderly people as well as people with disabilities, they are actually commonly faced with the choice of moving. Having said that, using a stair lift, you can easily remain in your home. A stair lift can allow you complete ability to move around in your home as well as go up and down the stairs quite simply and obstacle-free.
A stair lift provides automated passage up and down the staircases. The chair of the stair lift has a seat belt that makes certain that you are safe when the stair lift is in motion. Today, most stair lifts have integrated safety measure attributes that will prevent its operation in case it experiences an obstruction on the stairs or if any kind of aspect of the stair lift i.e. the seat, armrests or foot rest is actually not in its appropriate position. The stair lifts also are geared up alongside a safety lock that prevents any unintentional usage or little ones coming from operating the chair.
Generally, the chair of the stair lift comes with a modifiable as well as padded seat and also armrests that ensure maximum support. You can additionally calibrate the footrest depending on to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
A lot of stair lifts feature relatively slim profiles and do not obstruct the entire staircase, which is openly accessible. Usually, the chair, as well as the foot rest are collapsible to ensure that it is not an obstacle for family members as well as other people wanting to use the stairs.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are incredibly easy to use as well as handle. Most stair lifts have a toggle switch located on the armrest of the chair that allows you to manage it. Nowadays, several stair lift designs are actually geared up alongside a remote control that allows you to manage it quite easily and gets the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the staircases as required. When the stair lift is in the lock position, it recharges, to make sure that you can easily use it whenever you need to and in the event that there is a electricity outage, the stair lift usually has an built in battery backup that permits you to run it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in Port Arthur?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are mostly used by and also are a wonderful support for:
- Growing old in place seniors
- People having walking and also movement disorders. those using a wheel rollator or in a wheelchair
- Individuals with a health issue
- People having a sports injury
- Persons with balance issues
- Those with leg and also back concerns
Types of Stair Lifts
There are various types of stair lifts including:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your residence has straight stairs, then a stair lift which runs along a straight track or rail is certainly one of the most common form of stair lift. These either feature drop-down or perhaps fixed seats that are simply attached. The installation of a stair lift for a straight staircase might end up being a challenge if the staircases are far too thin. If your stairs is primarily straight and yet it features a contour at the top, then you may choose a straight stair lift and a joining system that helps the lift to reach the landing more effectively. Generally, straight stair lifts are the least pricey as well as easiest to install.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
In case that your staircases are curved, then you should install a curved stair lift. Those are far more complicated compared to straight stair lifts and also they require rounded rails to go with the exact contour of the stairs. Typically, curved stair lifts are actually much more pricey.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is particularly very narrow and it will certainly not accommodate a chair stair lift, then a standing stair lift is generally ideal. However, you should make certain that you have adequate space in the staircase andthat it is elevated enough to fit you when you’re standing up. Standing stair lifts are especially helpful for people experiencing concerns flexing their legs. Some standing stair lift models also have a slight ledge that enables you to keep your balance. However, standing stair lift might not be suitable for all people, particularly if you do not have the sturdiness to stand up for a several mins or even if you are prone to getting lightheaded.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These forms of stair lifts are normally set up outside on stairs that go to your front door or on steps leading to your back yard or garden. Outside stair lifts are basically similar to straight or curved stair lifts that are used inside; but, these are commonly made with weather-proof building materials.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in Port Arthur, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Jefferson County
Stair lifts are very individualized and tailored according to your needs and the kind of stairs in your home, consequently the costs differ significantly. Having said that, the expense of base systems begins with about $3,000-$5,000. And, there are a number of factors that impact this base rate including the size of the trackway required, if the staircase is actually curved, an electric motor upgrade, seat upgrade, folding seat and foot pedal, swivel seating and type of power.
Address: Port Arthur, TX 77640, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
Port Arthur, Texas
Port Arthur is a city in Jefferson County within the Beaumont–Port Arthur metropolitan area of the U.S. state of Texas. A small, uninhabited portion extends into Orange County. It is 90 mi (140 km) east of Houston. The largest oil refinery in the United States is located in Port Arthur.
The population of Port Arthur was 53,818 at the 2010 census, down from 57,755 at the 2000 census. Early attempts at settlements in the area had all failed. However, in 1895, Arthur Stilwell founded Port Arthur, and the town quickly grew. Port Arthur was incorporated as a city in 1898 and soon developed into a seaport. It eventually became the center of a large oil refinery network. The Rainbow Bridge across the Neches River connects Port Arthur to Bridge City.
Aurora was an early settlement attempt near the mouth of Taylor Bayou on Sabine Lake, about 14 miles (23 km) long and 7 miles (11 km) wide. It is a saltwater estuary formed by the confluence of the Neches and Sabine Rivers. Through its tidal outlet, 5-mile-long (8 km) Sabine Pass, Sabine Lake drains some 50,000 sq mi (100,000 km2) of Texas and Louisiana into the Gulf of Mexico.
Port Arthur - Latest - Google News Google News
- Retiring Port Arthur Chief Larry Richard reflects on fire department changes, highlights & what's next - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
Deepwater port connected with Nederland tank terminal proposed - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
Deepwater port connected with Nederland tank terminal proposed - Port Arthur News The Port Arthur News
- See how you can receive free COVID testing Monday or Friday in Port Arthur - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- OP-ED: From WOCCISD superintendent: A hidden jewel - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
- Orange County Sheriff's Office Beat 11.23-11.29.20 - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
- STEPHEN HEMELT — Jingle All The Way to fun with the Museum of the Gulf Coast - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- CHRIS DUQUE — Plenty of holiday spirit, giving opportunities in Nederland - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
Three suspects wanted in armed robbery at Port Arthur convenience store as crime trend continues - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Three suspects wanted in armed robbery at Port Arthur convenience store as crime trend continues 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Port Arthur Memorial completes undefeated season, blows out Friendswood - Beaumont Enterprise
Port Arthur Memorial completes undefeated season, blows out Friendswood Beaumont Enterprise
Santa at the Depot - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
Santa at the Depot - Orange Leader Orange Leader
- Gladdie Fowler remembered as education champion, advocate for children in need - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- Lane closure on I-10 from the Texas state line to east of LA-109 - KPLC
- Little Cypress-Mauriceville High School Honor Roll 2nd 6 weeks 2020 - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
Rose Mary Salvaggio - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
Rose Mary Salvaggio - Port Arthur News The Port Arthur News
- Mauriceville Middle School Honor Roll 2nd 6 weeks 2020 - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
- Little Cypress Junior High Honor Roll 2nd 6 weeks 2020 - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
- Mauriceville Elementary Honor Roll 2nd 6 weeks 2020 - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
- Staying merry and bright at Stark Cultural Venues - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
Beaumont man killed in wreck along westbound I-10 near Washington Blvd - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Beaumont man killed in wreck along westbound I-10 near Washington Blvd 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
- Search called off for man lost offshore near Sabine Pass, Coast Guard announces - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
Port Arthur Fire Chief retires after 39-year career with department - Beaumont Enterprise
Port Arthur Fire Chief retires after 39-year career with department Beaumont Enterprise
1 killed in Beaumont wreck - Beaumont Enterprise
1 killed in Beaumont wreck Beaumont Enterprise
- Port Arthur grocery store robbed at gunpoint; search on for assailants - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- INDICTMENT: Port Arthur 18-year-old yells “I got me one” during deadly shooting - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- ON THE MENU — Hamilton's Restaurant and Bar is spot where gumbo hits the spot - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- Beaumont's First Baptist Church offering free drive-through Christmas light display during December - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
- 'Bit of a baby boom': Beaumont hospital seeing increase in births nine months into COVID-19 pandemic - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
- Main Street Market event being held at Beaumont Civic Center with reduced capacity, COVID-19 precautions - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
- Beaumont's Boomtown BBQ Company will rely on patrons, drive-thru window if more COVID-19 restrictions are put in place - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
- Southeast Texas's Leading Local News: Weather, Traffic, Sports and more | Southeast Texas, Texas | 12NEWSNOW.com | 12newsnow.com - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Beaumont Police talk about what to look for, how to watch out for scams this holiday season - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Beaumont Police talk about what to look for, how to watch out for scams this holiday season 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Beaumont port investigates Thanksgiving flooding - Beaumont Enterprise
Beaumont port investigates Thanksgiving flooding Beaumont Enterprise
- Beaumont low security fed prison has most active COVID-19 cases among all federal prisons after recent spike - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Neal McCoy Live This Weekend in Vidor - gator995.com
Neal McCoy Live This Weekend in Vidor gator995.com
- Coast Guard searches for man who fell overboard offshore near Sabine Pass - KTRK-TV
- Mauriceville Elementary teacher wins Horace Mann's 2020 "You Are Awesome" Sweepstakes - TheRecordLive.com
Beaumont carjacker sentenced to prison - Beaumont Enterprise
Beaumont carjacker sentenced to prison Beaumont Enterprise
CASA Toy Drive - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
CASA Toy Drive - Orange Leader Orange Leader
Beaumont carjacker sentenced to nearly a decade behind bars - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Beaumont carjacker sentenced to nearly a decade behind bars 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Driver charged with DWI after deadly Beaumont car wash crash in August - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Driver charged with DWI after deadly Beaumont car wash crash in August 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
- 'The madness gotta stop': Beaumont community speaks about uptick in violent crime, overall decrease in last 30 years - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
- Maher steps down as Southeast Texas Food Bank president, heads for position in Virginia - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- 18-year-old Port Arthur man indicted after Beaumont man killed in October drive-by shooting, truck stolen at gunpoint - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
Former Jefferson Co. commissioner remembered for public service - Beaumont Enterprise
Former Jefferson Co. commissioner remembered for public service Beaumont Enterprise
Crockett New Dean At LSCO - kogt.com
Crockett New Dean At LSCO kogt.com
Holiday Shop-O-Rama | Beaumont, TX 77701 - beaumontcvb.com
Holiday Shop-O-Rama | Beaumont, TX 77701 beaumontcvb.com
Deland Leondous (Lee) Fry - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
Deland Leondous (Lee) Fry - Port Arthur News The Port Arthur News
- Jefferson County not facing COVID business occupancy rollback just yet - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
Calvin Walker ordered to reimburse BISD for legal fees - Beaumont Enterprise
Calvin Walker ordered to reimburse BISD for legal fees Beaumont Enterprise
What’s New: Christus donates land, Eureka Heights comes to Beaumont - Beaumont Enterprise
What’s New: Christus donates land, Eureka Heights comes to Beaumont Beaumont Enterprise
- Dozens of stolen Port Arthur firearms are getting into criminals' hands. You can help stop it. - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
- CHARLIE JEHLEN — Mid-Jefferson County Retired School Personnel keeps message in front of legislators - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
Chamber names Rogers December Student for BCHS - The Record Newspapers - TheRecordLive.com
Chamber names Rogers December Student for BCHS - The Record Newspapers TheRecordLive.com
Monceaux named December OFHS Student - The Record Newspapers - TheRecordLive.com
Monceaux named December OFHS Student - The Record Newspapers TheRecordLive.com
House fire claims life of VMS student - thevidorian.com
House fire claims life of VMS student thevidorian.com
- Orange County Sheriff's Office Beat 11.16-11.22.20 - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
Judy Paulette Killian - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
Judy Paulette Killian - Port Arthur News The Port Arthur News
Barbara Ann Rankin Peveto - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
Barbara Ann Rankin Peveto - Orange Leader Orange Leader
Lagniappe: Beaumont to close bridge, Port Arthur distributing turkeys - Beaumont Enterprise
Lagniappe: Beaumont to close bridge, Port Arthur distributing turkeys Beaumont Enterprise
Child dies in Vidor fire - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
Child dies in Vidor fire - Orange Leader Orange Leader
- Branick: Businesses could be ordered to scale back as COVID-19 hospitalizations soar in Jefferson Co. - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC
- One Injured, One Deceased In House Fire In Vidor - kogt.com
McFaddin-Ward House taps arts leader as new director - Beaumont Enterprise
McFaddin-Ward House taps arts leader as new director Beaumont Enterprise
- Jury trials suspended in Jefferson County until next year because of Covid spike - KFDM-TV News
Local holiday history on display at McFaddin-Ward House - Beaumont Enterprise
Local holiday history on display at McFaddin-Ward House Beaumont Enterprise
Virus pushes Jefferson Co. closer to a business rollback - Beaumont Enterprise
Virus pushes Jefferson Co. closer to a business rollback Beaumont Enterprise
Early voting times established for Port Arthur council runoffs - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News
Early voting times established for Port Arthur council runoffs - Port Arthur News The Port Arthur News
One of two Beaumont murder suspects in custody - KFDM-TV News
One of two Beaumont murder suspects in custody KFDM-TV News
- Bears fall just short in tight road loss to Nederland - Orange Leader - Orange Leader
Port Neches residents still living through TPC explosion one year later - Beaumont Enterprise
Port Neches residents still living through TPC explosion one year later Beaumont Enterprise