Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Stair Lifts and The Benefits For Seniors Gause, Texas
Supposing that you have been residing in your residence much of your life or if you have just moved into a new household in Gause, after that you probably plan to continue to be , primarily if you are near your close friends and family members. Base on a study via AARP, even as they age, approximately 90% of seniors would like to remain in their home or apartments. However, this is never as simple as it appears and along with physical well-being decreasing just as one ages, it comes to be increasingly more difficult for seniors to remain independently, particularly if you have stairs in your house that you may need to go up on a daily basis.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Stairs can be just one of the most hard and also treacherous places at home. The good news is, there are actually options that can easily permit your loved one or you to stay at home and be actually self-sufficient for longer and also a stair lift could be an excellent advantage for people experiencing range of motion concerns, those using a wheel rollator or individuals in a wheelchair.
9 out of
So, what actually is a stair lift? A stair lift is a simple piece of equipment that can easily help you to be mobile and also it transports you up and down the staircases, permitting you to move around in your home conveniently and engage in things that you would be unable to undertake typically.
A stair lift is essentially a mechanized chair that helps to lift you up and down the stairs. A track or rail is commonly mounted to the stairway treads and also a seat or a hauling platform is attached to the track. You can get on the chair or the platform as well as the chair slides along the path allowing you move up as well as down the stairs. You additionally have styles wherein you can use your wheelchair on the stair lift and also these are referred to as platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are a huge help to the senior citizens and also persons by having movement issues that consider it a demanding task to move down and up the stairs in their house. Having a stair lift at home can have a lot of perks:
When mobility and also moving a house along with stairs ends up being an issue for seniors as well as people with disabilities, they are frequently confronted with the option of relocating. However, by using a stair lift, you can easily stay in the house. A stair lift can give you total freedom to move around in your home and move up and down the stairs very simply and also obstacle-free.
A stair lift offers mechanical passage up and down the stairs. The chair of the stair lift features a lap belt that makes sure that you are secure when the stair lift is in motion. Today, most stair lifts have inbuilt safety measure functions that will avoid its operation in the event that it comes across an obstruction on the stairs or even if any component of the stair lift i.e. the seat, armrests or footrest is not in its right position. The stair lifts in addition are geared up with a protection lock that protects against any sort of unintentional use or children coming from using the chair.
Generally, the seat of the stair lift comes with an adjustable as well as padded seating as well as armrests that provide best support. You can likewise change the footrest depending on to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
A lot of stair lifts feature very slim profiles and also do not obstruct the entire staircase, which is openly attainable. Usually, the chair, along with the footrest are foldable to ensure that it is not an obstruction for family and other people intending to use the staircases.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are very easy to use as well as manage. Many stair lifts have a button positioned on the armrest of the chair that permits you to manage it. These days, several stair lift designs are actually installed alongside a remote that allows you to manage it quite easily and also moves the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the stairs as needed. When the stair lift is in the lock stance, it charges, to ensure you can use it whenever you need to and also just in case there is a electrical power disruption, the stair lift generally has an built-in battery back-up that permits you to use it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in Gause?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are primarily used by and are a wonderful help for:
- Growing old in place seniors
- People having walking and movability issues. those using a walker or in a wheelchair
- Individuals with a health issue
- People having a sports injury
- Persons with balance issues
- Those with leg and also back problems
Types of Stair Lifts
There are different sorts of stair lifts like:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your house features a straight staircase, then a stair lift which manages by a straight track or rail is usually one of the most common kind of stair lift. These either feature drop-down or set seats that are simply connected. The installment of a stair lift of a straight staircase may end up being a challenge if the stairs are way too narrow. If your stairs is primarily straight yet it comes with a contour at the top, then you may choose a straight stair lift and also a joining system that assists the lift to get to the landing more effectively. Generally, straight stair lifts are the least costly as well as simplest to install.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
If your staircases are actually curved, then you must install a curved stair lift. These are much more intricate compared to straight stair lifts as well as they involve rounded tracks to go with the exact form of the staircase. Often, curved stair lifts are far more costly.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is specifically rather narrow and it will certainly not fit a chair stair lift, then a standing stair lift is generally recommended. However, you should make sure that you have adequate space in the staircase plusthat it is high enough to accommodate you when you are standing. Standing stair lifts are especially helpful for individuals experiencing challenges moving their legs. Some standing stair lift versions similarly come with a little ledge that helps you to hold on to your balance. However, standing stair lift may not be ideal for everyone, especially if you do not have the sturdiness to stand for a number of mins or you are simply predisposed to getting unsteady.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These kinds of stair lifts are normally mounted outside on stairways that lead to your main door or on stairs leading to your backyard or even patio. Outdoor stair lifts are generally similar to straight or curved stair lifts that are used indoors; but, these are commonly made from weather-proof building materials.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in Gause, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Milam County
Stair lifts are highly individualized and tailored in line with your wants and the sort of stairs on your property, and so the rates differ significantly. Even so, the price of base systems starts from approximately $3,000-$5,000. And, there are a number of factors that impact this base cost such as the size of the track needed, if the stairs is actually bent, an electric motor upgrade, seating upgrade, folding seat as well as foot pedal, swivel seat and also kind of energy.
Address: Gause, TX 77857, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
Gause is an unincorporated community in Milam County, Texas, United States. According to the Handbook of Texas, the community had an estimated population of 400 in 2000.
Gause is located at 30°47′07″N 96°43′17″W / 30.78528°N 96.72139°W / 30.78528; -96.72139 (30.7851923, -96.7213641 ). It is situated along U.S. Highway 79/190, sixteen miles southeast of Cameron and twenty-nine miles west of Bryan/College Station.
The community is named for William J. Gause, a settler who moved to the area in 1872 and built a home out of lumber hauled from Montgomery. In 1873, he gave right-of-way and 100 acres (0.40 km2) of land to the International-Great Northern Railroad (I&GN). This caused the area to grow and a post office opened in 1874. A schoolhouse that doubled as a church was built in 1876. Gause had approximately 300 residents in 1884 as well as two steam-powered cotton gins and two churches. Gause was a shipping point for Milam County farmers who shipped corn, cotton, and cottonseed oil. The Gause Independent School District was established in 1905.
Gause - Latest - Google News Google News
5 Bedroom Home in College Station - $645,000 - Bryan-College Station Eagle
5 Bedroom Home in College Station - $645,000 Bryan-College Station Eagle
4 Bedroom Home in College Station - $445,900 - Bryan-College Station Eagle
4 Bedroom Home in College Station - $445,900 Bryan-College Station Eagle
3 Bedroom Home in Bryan - $385,000 - Bryan-College Station Eagle
3 Bedroom Home in Bryan - $385,000 Bryan-College Station Eagle
Calendar for Thursday | Local News | theeagle.com - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Calendar for Thursday | Local News | theeagle.com Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Deputies asking College Station residents on Cypress Drive to stay indoors - KBTX
- Bryan Broadcasting's WTAW And Candy 95 Are Finalists For Four NAB Marconi Awards - WTAW
KRHD 25 News Team helps feed the need at Brazos Valley Food Bank! - KXXV News Channel 25
KRHD 25 News Team helps feed the need at Brazos Valley Food Bank! KXXV News Channel 25
Former CSPD Asst. Chief appointed to major leading role with TABC - KXXV News Channel 25
Former CSPD Asst. Chief appointed to major leading role with TABC KXXV News Channel 25
- Bryan family asking for support as loved one bounces back from COVID-19 - KBTX
- Brazos County Commissioners Approve "Structural Assessments" Of The Road And Bridge Office Building And The Downtown Bryan Parking Garage - WTAW
Check out these cool Red River Hogs at Aggieland Safari! - KEYE TV CBS Austin
Check out these cool Red River Hogs at Aggieland Safari! KEYE TV CBS Austin
Bryan ISD adopts streamlined language in new district documents - KXXV News Channel 25
Bryan ISD adopts streamlined language in new district documents KXXV News Channel 25
- Texas A&M researcher develops method to improve students reading skills - KBTX
San Antonio's Raba Kistner strikes College Station deal - San Antonio - San Antonio Business Journal
San Antonio's Raba Kistner strikes College Station deal - San Antonio San Antonio Business Journal
- Suspect in July road rage shooting identified by College Station police - KBTX
Brazos County reports 76 new COVID-19 cases Wednesday - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Brazos County reports 76 new COVID-19 cases Wednesday Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Retired CSPD asst. chief named head of TABC law enforcement - KBTX
- Possible change to College Station elections added to November ballot - KBTX
Here is today's weather outlook for Aug. 4, 2021 in Bryan, TX - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Here is today's weather outlook for Aug. 4, 2021 in Bryan, TX Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Texas A&M doctoral student designs chip capable of revolutionizing data processing rates - KLTV
OPPIE'S TOPSOIL, LLC | Landscaping | theeagle.com - Bryan-College Station Eagle
OPPIE'S TOPSOIL, LLC | Landscaping | theeagle.com Bryan-College Station Eagle
Calendar for Wednesday | Local News | theeagle.com - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Calendar for Wednesday | Local News | theeagle.com Bryan-College Station Eagle
- USPS responds to social media video of College Station employee tossing packages to the ground - KBTX
Hindu Society of the Brazos Valley collects school supplies to fill 101 backpacks - KXXV News Channel 25
Hindu Society of the Brazos Valley collects school supplies to fill 101 backpacks KXXV News Channel 25
College Station City Council votes to move forward with November election - Bryan-College Station Eagle
College Station City Council votes to move forward with November election Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Police investigating building burglaries at Texas A&M University Farm complex - KBTX
- More than 170 Aggies venture to the West to help with the wildfires - KAGSTV.com
Some homeschooling parents enroll students at Caldwell ISD - KXXV News Channel 25
Some homeschooling parents enroll students at Caldwell ISD KXXV News Channel 25
- College Station Woman Accused Of Attempting To Run Over Her Girlfriend A Second Time This Summer - WTAW
- TSTC, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station | School News | fbherald.com - Fort Bend Herald
- Bryan ISD completes renovations at SFA Middle School Annex - KBTX
- Treat of the Day: World champion A&M Farmer's Flight team Treat of the Day - KBTX
- Opponents of Bryan ISD's proposed gender-neutral reforms speak out at School Board Meeting - KAGSTV.com
- The Junior League of Bryan-College Station's 'Stuff the Bus' kicks off Tuesday - KBTX
Texas A&M offering new online program addressing racial equality - KXXV News Channel 25
Texas A&M offering new online program addressing racial equality KXXV News Channel 25
- August is National Black Business Month - KBTX
- Texas’ unvaccinated: Who they are and where they live - KXAN.com
- Kaufman County A&M Club awards $50000 in scholarships to local Aggies - inForney.com
Brazos County reports 65 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday; 44 residents hospitalized - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Brazos County reports 65 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday; 44 residents hospitalized Bryan-College Station Eagle
Here is today's weather outlook for Aug. 3, 2021 in Bryan, TX - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Here is today's weather outlook for Aug. 3, 2021 in Bryan, TX Bryan-College Station Eagle
- City of College Station seeks public's input on comprehensive plan update - KBTX
Ranchers return to College Station for Texas A&M Beef Cattle Short Course - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Ranchers return to College Station for Texas A&M Beef Cattle Short Course Bryan-College Station Eagle
Calendar for Tuesday | Local News | theeagle.com - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Calendar for Tuesday | Local News | theeagle.com Bryan-College Station Eagle
Fourth candidate files to run for College Station City Council - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Fourth candidate files to run for College Station City Council Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Family of shooting victim found dead in College Station apartment seeks justice, closure - KBTX
- Bryan family turns to community for help after teen son dies from leukemia - KBTX
- Bryan ISD finalizes total costs for new intermediate school - KBTX
- A&M pandemic expert “optimistic” about recent COVID spike - KBTX
- Friday Afternoon Fire Calls For College Station And Bryan Firefighters - WTAW
- BRAZOS CO. JURY CONVICTS ELDERLY MAN OF SEXUAL CONTACT WITH 6-YEAR OLD - kwhi.com
- Home sales, prices continue to boom in the Brazos Valley - KBTX
- Telehealth sports physicals conducted in Milam County as the start of school and fall sports near - KXXV News Channel 25
- Traffic switch planned for CR 132 in Burleson County on Monday - KBTX
Masks to remain optional as Bryan, College Station schools look toward Aug. 17 start - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Masks to remain optional as Bryan, College Station schools look toward Aug. 17 start Bryan-College Station Eagle
Brazos Valley African American Museum celebrates 15th birthday - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Brazos Valley African American Museum celebrates 15th birthday Bryan-College Station Eagle
- College Station Police host annual community picnic - KBTX
- Two people flown to Bryan hospital after crash in Robertson County - KBTX
- Preserving the Past: Cushing Memorial Library and Archives safeguards rare and unusual treasures – Insite Brazos Valley - insitebrazosvalley.com
Here is today's weather outlook for Jul. 31, 2021 in Bryan, TX - Bryan-College Station Eagle
Here is today's weather outlook for Jul. 31, 2021 in Bryan, TX Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Hearne family says four-year-old grandson saved them from a fire - KBTX
- Two new Italian concepts coming to B/CS - KBTX
- Gause VFD hosting fundraiser Saturday after Asst. Chief's home burned down - KBTX