Regain Your Independence
Retain full use of your home, and Remain in the home you love.
Installing a Stairlift turns your home into a bungalow, by removing the obstacle of stairs if they become too challenging.
Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call Hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Stair Lifts and The Benefits For Seniors New Braunfels, Texas
If you have been staying in your household a lot of your life or even if you have plainly relocated into a brand new household in New Braunfels, and then you certainly want to continue to be here, primarily if you are near your friends and family members. According to a study by AARP, even as they age, approximately 90% of senior citizens wish to stay in their houses. Although this is never as easy as it appears and along with physical health declining as one gets older, it ends up being more and more challenging for senior citizens to remain independently, primarily if you have stairs at home that you need to navigate every day.
What Is a Stair Lift?
Staircases can be among the most tough and also unsafe locations in your home. Thankfully, there are actually options that can permit your loved one or even you to stay at home as well as be actually self-supporting for longer and a stair lift can be a great help for individuals having mobility problems, those using a wheel rollator or people in a wheelchair.
10 out of
What really is a stair lift? A stair lift is a practical piece of equipment that can easily help you to become mobile and it brings you down and up the stairs, enabling you to move about in your house with ease as well as do things that you would be not able to undertake normally.
A stair lift is in a nutshell a mechanical seat that assists to lift you up and down the stairs. A track or rail is commonly mounted to the staircase treads and a chair or a lifting platform is attached to the track. You can easily get on the chair or the platform and the chair moves along the path enabling you move up and down the stairs. You similarly have styles wherein you can easily use your wheelchair on the stair lift and these are called platform lifts.
Benefits of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are actually a significant support to the senior citizens and also persons with movability challenges that consider it a challenge to use the stairs in their house. Getting a stair lift at home can easily have a ton of benefits:
When mobility and getting around a home with staircases becomes a concern for senior citizens as well as individuals with handicaps, they are actually usually dealt with the possibility of moving. That being said, using a stair lift, you can easily stay in the house. A stair lift can easily give you complete ability to move around in your house as well as go up and down the stairs really effortlessly as well as obstacle-free.
A stair lift provides mechanical transport down and up the stairs. The chair of the stair lift offers a lap belt that makes sure that you are protected when the stair lift is in action. Today, most stair lifts have integrated safety features that will certainly avoid its operation in the event it experiences an obstruction on the stairs or even if any kind of part of the stair lift i.e. the chair, armrests or even foot rest is actually not in its right position. The stair lifts in addition are geared up with a protection fixture that stops any unexpected use or kids from operating the chair.
Usually, the chair of the stair lift comes with a changeable and also padded seating as well as armrests that ensure optimal comfort. You can additionally change the foot rest depending on to your height.
- Staircase Accessibility
A lot of stair lifts feature very slim profiles as well as do not obstruct the whole stairs, which is openly accessible. Typically, the chair, and also the footrest are collapsible so that it is not a blockage for family and also other people would like to use the stairs.
- Easy to Use
Stair Lifts are very simple to use and control. Many stair lifts have a toggle button positioned on the armrest of the chair that enables you to control it. These days, several stair lift designs are equipped with a remote control that permits you to handle it quite simply and also gets the stair lift to the top or the bottom of the staircases as needed. When the stair lift is in the park stance, it recharges, to make sure that you are able to use it whenever you need to and also in the event there is a power disruption, the stair lift often has an built-in battery back up that permits you to use it.
Who Uses Stair Lifts in New Braunfels?
In the U.S., 1 in 4 adults who are 65 years and above suffers a fall every year and according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), falls is a leading cause of injuries in the elderly. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems.
Stair Lifts are mainly used by and are a very good support for:
- Growing old in place elderly people
- Individuals having walking and also movement concerns. those using a wheel rollator or in a wheelchair
- Persons with a health condition
- People having a sports injury
- Persons with balance concerns
- Those with knee and back issues
Types of Stair Lifts
There are various kinds of stair lifts such as:
- Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
If your residence includes straight stairs, then a stair lift which runs adjacent a straight path or rail is certainly the best common type of stair lift. These oftentimes feature drop-down or set seats that are attached. The installation of a stair lift of a straight stairs might end up being an issue if the staircases are way too tight. If your stairs is primarily straight yet it contains a curve at the top, then you may opt for a straight stair lift and a bridging platform that assists the lift to reach the landing better. Generally, straight stair lifts are the least costly as well as simplest to install.
- Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
In case that your staircases are curved, then you need to install a curved stair lift. Those are much more complex compared to straight stair lifts and they require curved trackways to accommodate the specific contour of the staircase. Typically, curved stair lifts are actually even more costly.
- Standing Stair Lifts
If your staircase is particularly considerably slender and it will not go with a chair stair lift, then a standing stair lift is generally ideal. Having said that, you must make certain that you have ample headroom in the staircase ,as well,that it is high enough to accommodate you when you are standing up. Standing stair lifts are particularly advantageous for persons experiencing problems bending their knees. Some standing stair lift designs also have a short ledge that enables you to retain your balance. However, standing stair lift may not be suited for all people, specifically if you do not have the sturdiness to stand for a several mins or even if you are simply predisposed to getting dizzy.
- Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
These forms of stair lifts are generally put in outside on steps that go to your main door or on stairways leading to your yard or patio. Exterior stair lifts are essentially similar to straight or curved stair lifts that are used inside your home; but, these are commonly made with weather-proof components.
Where can i buy a chair lift for stairs in New Braunfels, TX
Cost of Stair Lifts in Comal County
Stair lifts are very individualized and customized in line with your requirements and the type of stairs in your residence, consequently the rates vary drastically. Even so, the expense of base systems starts off from about $3,000-$5,000. And also, there are several variables that impact this base cost such as the size of the trackway involved, if the staircase is actually bent, an electric motor upgrade, seating upgrade, folding seat and foot pedal, swivel seat and also sort of power.
Address: New Braunfels, TX 78130, USA
Phone: (832) 261-7776
Major Cities we service around Texas
More TX Cities we Service:
New Braunfels, Texas
New Braunfels (/ˈbrɔːnfɛlz/ (listen) BRAWN-felz) is a city in Comal and Guadalupe counties in the U.S. state of Texas known for its Germanic Heritage. It is the seat of Comal County. The city covers 44.9 square miles (116 km2) and has a 2018 estimated population of 84,612.
New Braunfels was established in 1845 by Prince Carl of Solms-Braunfels, Commissioner General of the Adelsverein, also known as the Noblemen's Society (in German: Mainzer Adelsverein). Prince Solms named the settlement in honor of his home of Solms-Braunfels, Germany.
The Adelsverein organized hundreds of people in Germany to settle in Texas. Immigrants from Germany began arriving at Galveston in July 1844. Most then traveled by ship to Indianola in December 1844, and began the overland journey to the Fisher-Miller land grant purchased by Prince Solms. At the urging of John Coffee Hays, who realized the settlers would not have time to build homes and plant crops further inland before winter, and as the German settlers were traveling inland along the Guadalupe River, they stopped near the Comal Springs. Prince Solms bought two leagues of land from Rafael Garza and Maria Antonio Veramendi Garza for $1,111.00.
New Braunfels - Latest - Google News Google News
Texas Water Safari offers life lessons about not giving up - San Marcos Daily Record
Texas Water Safari offers life lessons about not giving up San Marcos Daily Record
Physics professor receives federal grant | San Marcos Record - San Marcos Daily Record
Physics professor receives federal grant | San Marcos Record San Marcos Daily Record
Major road project is now complete | San Marcos Record - San Marcos Daily Record
Major road project is now complete | San Marcos Record San Marcos Daily Record
KZSM–Talk to us, we are listening | San Marcos Record - San Marcos Daily Record
KZSM–Talk to us, we are listening | San Marcos Record San Marcos Daily Record
Former head of LBJ National Historical Park to speak at LBJ Museum in October - San Marcos Daily Record
Former head of LBJ National Historical Park to speak at LBJ Museum in October San Marcos Daily Record
Value of one man's life | San Marcos Record - San Marcos Daily Record
Value of one man's life | San Marcos Record San Marcos Daily Record
Yard of the Month | San Marcos Record - San Marcos Daily Record
Yard of the Month | San Marcos Record San Marcos Daily Record
- New Braunfels Police discontinue Silver Alert for 70-year-old man - KENS5.com
- The Aguilars, dine at local Cypress hotspot ahead of Texas tour dates - FOX 29
- San Marcos police shut down portion of highway to search for homicide suspect, road has since reopened - KXAN.com
Man shot while sitting at bus stop on Northeast Side, police say - KSAT San Antonio
Man shot while sitting at bus stop on Northeast Side, police say KSAT San Antonio
- Founder's Oak has storied past in NB | Lifestyle | herald-zeitung.com - Herald Zeitung
Speak out against violence all year long | Editorials | seguingazette.com - Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
Speak out against violence all year long | Editorials | seguingazette.com Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
Guadalupe County extends fire disaster declaration, burn ban - Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
Guadalupe County extends fire disaster declaration, burn ban Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
Seguin Heritage Center honors Comanche chief with local ties - Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
Seguin Heritage Center honors Comanche chief with local ties Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
Cottrell: TLU ministry is taking over | Community Columnists | seguingazette.com - Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
Cottrell: TLU ministry is taking over | Community Columnists | seguingazette.com Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
Canyon Lake Dam service road to close temporarily for maintenance - KSAT San Antonio
Canyon Lake Dam service road to close temporarily for maintenance KSAT San Antonio
- Increasing use of dogs in healthcare begs for more awareness in New Braunfels, Comal County - Herald Zeitung
- Comal County Fair Parade dazzles downtown with yearly spectacle - Herald Zeitung
- Commissioners OK $120K for fuel in Comal County law enforcement vehicles - Herald Zeitung
- Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City ISD to find firm for superintendent search - Community Impact
Carnival worker found dead at Comal County Fairgrounds, police say - San Antonio Express-News
Carnival worker found dead at Comal County Fairgrounds, police say San Antonio Express-News
Canyon Lake Fishing Report for Week of Sept. 27: Good - My Canyon Lake
Canyon Lake Fishing Report for Week of Sept. 27: Good My Canyon Lake
- LIVING LEGENDS, PART III: Rahe, a man of many talents, remains a stalwart of NB community - Herald Zeitung
An Inspiring Journey Toward a Healthier Life and Community Wellness - Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
An Inspiring Journey Toward a Healthier Life and Community Wellness Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
- Texas State University grad gets enveloped frame by accident - mySA
Pet Supplies Plus in New Braunfels announces grand opening plans - Community Impact
Pet Supplies Plus in New Braunfels announces grand opening plans Community Impact
- Oktoberfest Hill Country celebrations worth checking out - mySA
- Laredo Morning Times Events - Jess & Dave: Dave Russell solo at Natural Bridge Caverns! - Laredo Morning Times
City to host Cleanup Day this Saturday - Seguin Today
City to host Cleanup Day this Saturday Seguin Today
Welcome back Bauer Park | Seguin Today - Seguin Today
Welcome back Bauer Park | Seguin Today Seguin Today
FMC Pumpkin Patch now open for business - Seguin Today
FMC Pumpkin Patch now open for business Seguin Today
Community radio station broadens mission | San Marcos Record - San Marcos Daily Record
Community radio station broadens mission | San Marcos Record San Marcos Daily Record
BEST IN BATS | San Marcos Record - San Marcos Daily Record
BEST IN BATS | San Marcos Record San Marcos Daily Record
Faces of Seguin - August 2023 | Magazine | seguingazette.com - Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
Faces of Seguin - August 2023 | Magazine | seguingazette.com Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
- Navarro ISD bus driver arrested for alleged child pornography - KENS5.com
- See the photos behind Canyon Lake's hidden cavern filled with mysteries - FOX 29
Check out 6 preschools in San Marcos, Buda and Kyle - Community Impact
Check out 6 preschools in San Marcos, Buda and Kyle Community Impact
- City Council moves to rezone pair of New Braunfels Habitat for Humanity homes - Herald Zeitung
- Canyon Lake High School Senior Rides Jet Ski Right into Newly Discovered Cave, Describes It as Muddy, Cold and Wet - My Canyon Lake
- Big Brothers Big Sisters looking to add mentors at Downtown Social mixer in New Braunfels - Herald Zeitung
- Child care facilities work to regain footing after pandemic challenges - Community Impact
Are the Canyon Lake Boat Ramps Open? - My Canyon Lake
Are the Canyon Lake Boat Ramps Open? My Canyon Lake
- Mermaids dive into Mermaid Society's annual festival – The University Star - University Star
TXST, San Marcos reflect on Suicide Awareness Month - University Star
TXST, San Marcos reflect on Suicide Awareness Month University Star
- Texas sexual assault cold case makes arrest after 19 years - mySA
- Fight between two students ends with one trying to stab the other with pencil - KENS5.com
- Texas State senior featured on new season of 'The Amazing Race' - KENS5.com
- New Braunfels to receive new condo community called Dovetail - mySA
- GlowRow aims to paddle in Canyon Lake - mySA
Art Scared is back | San Marcos Record - San Marcos Daily Record
Art Scared is back | San Marcos Record San Marcos Daily Record
Comal ISD lowers property tax rate for FY 2023-24 - Community Impact
Comal ISD lowers property tax rate for FY 2023-24 Community Impact
- Anticipating growth: Austin-San Antonio corridor prepares for population boom by 2030 - WOAI
- Chase in car, on foot leads to New Braunfels PD arrest of McQueeney man - Herald Zeitung
- Beyond Seguin Borders: Freaky Deaky moves to Austin for Halloween-themed music festival - Seguin Today
- New Braunfels adds luxury sports bar, pickleball venue in 2024 - mySA
- San Marcos City Council voices support for single-use container ban at city parks - KXAN.com
Weekend crash kills Seguin man | Seguin Today - Seguin Today
Weekend crash kills Seguin man | Seguin Today Seguin Today
- New restaurant in Austin suburb ventures through Texan cuisine with South African and Chinese twists - CultureMap Austin
Seguin Wagyu Ranch hosts Australian visitors, boasts local production - Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
Seguin Wagyu Ranch hosts Australian visitors, boasts local production Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
- DA's office recommended low bonds for man accused of being 'ready for war' with Universal City police - KSAT San Antonio
New Braunfels closures announced for Comal County Fair Day - Herald Zeitung
New Braunfels closures announced for Comal County Fair Day Herald Zeitung
- Video of fire ants building 'raft' on newly-filled Lake Dunlap illustrates their indomitable nature - KSAT San Antonio
- New Braunfels Utilities interim CEO discusses ongoing water supply strategy, outlook - Herald Zeitung
New Braunfels adopts lower tax rate for FY 2023-24 - Community Impact
New Braunfels adopts lower tax rate for FY 2023-24 Community Impact
- Fate of New Braunfels-area limestone quarry heading to Texas Supreme Court - Community Impact
- Alamo Fireworks plans New Braunfels megastore for New Year's - mySA
- Innocent driver hospitalized after high-speed chase from New Braunfels to San Antonio ends with major crash - WOAI
- New Braunfels Planning and Development Services Lobby temporarily closed - Community Impact